Another Season

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Re: Another Season

Postby assateague » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:If your so concerned just go out and shoot em. Its not cool setting a trap and catching a beagle.

Never caught a dog. And if a trapper has even a clue what they're doing, there's no way a dog will get hurt in a #2 leghold. Just doesn't happen. Hell, I turned loose the same cat twice already this year, and he doesn't have a scratch on him. The jaws hold, but properly swiveled and staked, there's no way for the critter to hurt itself. Like GG said, you won't put a dent in a population by hunting, and least not furbearers. I've caught 5 fat females within a 30 yard circle so far- if you don't think that puts a hurting on the population, you're nuts. And that's that many less turkey, quail, and duck eggs (and baby rabbits) eaten.

And for the record, it is fairly specific. Especially the coon traps I'm running this year. It's impossible to catch anything besides a coon in one.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:If your so concerned just go out and shoot em. Its not cool setting a trap and catching a beagle.

Whats wrong with trapping? It is tradition. I would go seal clubbing if it was closer.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

Whats wrong with trapping? It is tradition. I would go seal clubbing if it was closer.

You Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. :P
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:27 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

You Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. :P

Yes seal clubbing is cool with me, you know what you are clubbing.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:29 pm

assateague wrote:

Never caught a dog. And if a trapper has even a clue what they're doing, there's no way a dog will get hurt in a #2 leghold. Just doesn't happen. Hell, I turned loose the same cat twice already this year, and he doesn't have a scratch on him. The jaws hold, but properly swiveled and staked, there's no way for the critter to hurt itself. Like GG said, you won't put a dent in a population by hunting, and least not furbearers. I've caught 5 fat females within a 30 yard circle so far- if you don't think that puts a hurting on the population, you're nuts. And that's that many less turkey, quail, and duck eggs (and baby rabbits) eaten.

And for the record, it is fairly specific. Especially the coon traps I'm running this year. It's impossible to catch anything besides a coon in one.

I see. And to be honest the trappers that are still out doing this sport are probably well versed in the trade and eliminate much of the non-target incidents I am so worried about.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Bufflehead » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:32 pm

just think, safe sex could have avoided this whole discussion.
Bufflehead

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Bufflehead wrote:just think, safe sex could have avoided this whole discussion.

Actually abortion. I am one year older than my parents anniversary. It was on the table.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:39 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:

Actually abortion. I am one year older than my parents anniversary. It was on the table.

And I bet the best part of you stayed on the table!
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby Bufflehead » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:44 pm

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:

:lol:
Bufflehead

Postby Fowlplay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Bufflehead wrote:
MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:

:o :o haha
Fowlplay

Postby Olly » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:48 pm

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:

Boom!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Tons of hate, geez. I like the idea of taking life quickly and cleanly with little torture as possible. When i was 12 I came across a trapped coon and looked him in the eyes. He was very sad.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Olly wrote:
MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:

Boom!

What should have ended up on a back, ended up inside. Whatever happened to fall out is all that made it to the table.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Hahaha
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby Fowlplay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:Tons of hate, geez. I like the idea of taking life quickly and cleanly with little torture as possible. When i was 12 I came across a trapped coon and looked him in the eyes. He was very sad.

aww, beef, your really just a big softy huh? everyone here has you all wrong... :mrgreen:
Fowlplay

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:23 pm

b.hud wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:Tons of hate, geez. I like the idea of taking life quickly and cleanly with little torture as possible. When i was 12 I came across a trapped coon and looked him in the eyes. He was very sad.

aww, beef, your really just a big softy huh? everyone here has you all wrong... :mrgreen:

I tried to release him and he pulled a gun on me.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Fowlplay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:
b.hud wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i see what you did there
Fowlplay

Postby Bufflehead » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:
b.hud wrote:

Bufflehead

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:42 pm

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:

You dont still have the table do you?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:42 pm

When coons gets on our back porch momma just runs them off with ah broom.
;)
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:43 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:

I dont know.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Bufflehead » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:When coons gets on our back porch momma just runs them off with ah broom.
;)

send you're momma to the whitehouse with that broom
Bufflehead

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Bufflehead wrote:
GadwallGetter530 wrote:When coons gets on our back porch momma just runs them off with ah broom.
;)

send you're momma to the whitehouse with that broom

Yes.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:

I dont know.

It should probably be burned.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:50 pm

The cross?
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Only if that would erase the boredom of sitting through these pathetic trolls.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Mornin Beef » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:00 pm

3legged_lab wrote:Only if that would erase the boredom of sitting through these pathetic trolls.

So basically who i am as a person is a troll. some people troll on purpose. i dont. Olly understands this. YOu need too to.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:Only if that would erase the boredom of sitting through these pathetic trolls.

So basically who i am as a person is a troll. some people troll on purpose. i dont. Olly understands this. YOu need too to.

I think the reason no one likes you is that you have no substance. Your posts are empty and you post to post, not to contribute.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Fowlplay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:

I think the reason no one likes you is that you have no substance. Your posts are empty and you post to post, not to contribute.

some do. but i guess you post just to post if your trying to become co-owner of the site, through post count
Fowlplay

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Mornin Beef wrote:

So basically who i am as a person is a troll. some people troll on purpose. i dont.

Wrong. You are a troll. Well you try very hard to be, but most of the time fail before it gets going.
Mornin Beef wrote: Olly understands this.

No. Olly tolerates you because you havent pushed the limit, yet.
Mornin Beef wrote:YOu need too to.

I dont HAVE to do anything.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum