Another Season

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Re: Another Season

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Decided they were too "gimmicky" and shitcanned them.
assateague

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:What do you usually say when buying HMR rounds? Spell it out?

I just say "some .17"

What ever happened to the other .17 round that you don't hear much about anymore? The one the same length as a .22lr. .17 mach 2 I think?

Same here, I just say 17. From here on out it's hummer though.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby flight control » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Yeah, I started thinking I made that one up in my head. I never see them or the ammo anymore.
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 pm

assateague wrote:Decided they were too "gimmicky" and shitcanned them.

Seriously, did they quit making the guns? I never even see the ammo anywhere.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:14 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:What do you usually say when buying HMR rounds? Spell it out?

I just say "some .17"

What ever happened to the other .17 round that you don't hear much about anymore? The one the same length as a .22lr. .17 mach 2 I think?

My buddy's got one he converted from a 10-22 he loves it.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 pm

3legged_lab wrote:

I have no clue. I was just making that up.
assateague

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 pm

3legged_lab wrote:

I didnt know that they didnt make them anymore. Dont have one but a budy has one that he used to shoot varmits that wandered into his garden off the porch.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby BrewGUN » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:37 am

That's just enough to piss a guy off royally!
BrewGUN

Postby Baysider » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 am

Thats great AT. I have a friend who lays brick in the spring and summer then traps all winter. He always brings in good money but he said this year he's really cleaned up. I saw him Saturday and he told me he picked the wrong year to cut back on his trap lines. For the past 25 years he has trapped form the MD line to the CBBT on the bay and seaside. I forget the total number of traps he runs but its unreal.
MOhuntingGuy wrote: Went with the fuse accessories axium 6 inch doinker style.
Baysider

Postby assateague » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:51 pm

BrewGUN wrote:Image

WTF happened? Do you have to use the deer stops there? I've found them to be nothing but a pain in the ass.
assateague

Postby sws002 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm

assateague wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:Image

WTF happened? Do you have to use the deer stops there? I've found them to be nothing but a pain in the ass.

Yup, Michigan requires you have deer stops that prevent the loop from closing smaller than 4" in diameter, at least that's the way it was a couple years ago when I was snaring up there. Absolutely retarded. One of the first snares I ever set was on a grey fox run. Walked up to it the next day to see that the fox walked right into my snare, walked until it tightened up around its neck, then backed right out of it, just slipped right back over his head. Said fuck that, went back and got the footholds, made a dirt hole and had him within the week.

To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby assateague » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Deer stops are retarded. Thank goodness we don't have to use them here.
assateague

Postby BrewGUN » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:46 pm

assateague wrote:Deer stops are retarded. Thank goodness we don't have to use them here.

Yes deer stops ate ghey but that's not what caused the escape, we also require a 285# breakaway fevice suck as a j hook, which is what failed and open the snare>:(
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Can you use spring loaded snares?
assateague

Postby assateague » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 pm

And with a breakaway device, I'd put a leghold flat set within 18" of the snare off to the side. That fucker will step in it.
assateague

Postby assateague » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:22 pm

By spring loaded, I don't mean spring assisted. Some guys will crimp on a spring from the snare swivel to the anchor cable. Lessens the sudden stop at the end of a lunge which opens the breakaways or pulls out stakes. Just make sure you wax it first.
assateague

Postby BrewGUN » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:13 pm

I think next year I will probably put that idea to use, this is the first breakaway, but that's one more living coyote. I'm gonna get started earlier too when they're still using trails. Also gonna try make a kitchen circle, where we'll put a carcass out with old wire fencing in a 15-20' circle and brush all the way around but cut a few dog openings. Let them get used to it for a few days then set traps in the openings.
BrewGUN

Postby quackhead » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Going to take my two marten pelts in tomorrow. Interested to see how I did taking care of them and what they bring. I hear $40-70 is what this guy is paying
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
quackhead

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:29 pm

quackhead wrote:Going to take my two marten pelts in tomorrow. Interested to see how I did taking care of them and what they bring. I hear $40-70 is what this guy is paying

I think they were getting like 150 on Assa's auction.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby quackhead » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:06 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
quackhead wrote:Going to take my two marten pelts in tomorrow. Interested to see how I did taking care of them and what they bring. I hear $40-70 is what this guy is paying

I didn't notice them on the auction or the Seattle auction either. But I don't have enough to make it worth sending to auction anyway.
quackhead

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 pm

They look alot darker than in the pics when they were in the traps still. You can't see the orange in them as much. Is that a good thing?
QH's Paw

Postby quackhead » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:44 pm

QH's Paw wrote:

They look alot darker than in the pics when they were in the traps still. You can't see the orange in them as much. Is that a good thing?

The darker the better. The darker of the two actually has brighter orange on its chest, but that don't matter since it is the back they are worried about from what I hear
quackhead

Postby assateague » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:16 am

quackhead wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I didn't notice them on the auction or the Seattle auction either. But I don't have enough to make it worth sending to auction anyway.

You may want to rethink that next year. It doesn't cost anything. My neighbors grandson put 3 reds and a coon in this auction, and cleared $230.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:43 am

assateague wrote:
quackhead wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

You may want to rethink that next year. It doesn't cost anything. My neighbors grandson put 3 reds and a coon in this auction, and cleared $230.

I thought u said it was a 100 for membership. Or does that get u to 9percent instead of 11. Where do u go to see the prices on that nada site. I haven't been able to find them. There is a nada route fairly close by but not sure what auction it would go to cause they pick up at the end of march
quackhead

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:34 pm

quackhead wrote:
assateague wrote:
quackhead wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I thought u said it was a 100 for membership. Or does that get u to 9percent instead of 11. Where do u go to see the prices on that nada site. I haven't been able to find them. There is a nada route fairly close by but not sure what auction it would go to cause they pick up at the end of march

I watched it for a while. Thanks AT. It was pretty cool actually. I think it was NAFA though...not NADA

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Are Marten actually grouped with fischers?
QH's Paw

Postby assateague » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:09 pm

quackhead wrote:
assateague wrote:
quackhead wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Membership is optional, and saves you on the fee. I'll see if I can find them- I have access to some more in-depth numbers with my login. They have an early and late auction, but those are the only ones, in Toronto. Our next pickup is March 17th, I believe.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Oops I typed nafa but my phone corrected it. Well after some back and forth I got 60 for one and 40 for the other. I will be trying the auction thing. The next deadline is April 7 I think and a nafa guy lives an hour from me. I did also get some insulated leather gloves thrown in. Another guy had 2 martens one was a big dark male and got sixty for that and 30 for the other. Mine weren't as gd but I was willing to haggle. He was only paying 35 for reds
quackhead

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:24 pm

quackhead wrote:Oops I typed nafa but my phone corrected it. Well after some back and forth I got 60 for one and 40 for the other. I will be trying the auction thing. The next deadline is April 7 I think and a nafa guy lives an hour from me. I did also get some insulated leather gloves thrown in. Another guy had 2 martens one was a big dark male and got sixty for that and 30 for the other. Mine weren't as gd but I was willing to haggle. He was only paying 35 for reds

So what are you left with after Jennifer took her usual cut? :lol: :lol:
QH's Paw

Postby quackhead » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:51 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
quackhead wrote:Oops I typed nafa but my phone corrected it. Well after some back and forth I got 60 for one and 40 for the other. I will be trying the auction thing. The next deadline is April 7 I think and a nafa guy lives an hour from me. I did also get some insulated leather gloves thrown in. Another guy had 2 martens one was a big dark male and got sixty for that and 30 for the other. Mine weren't as gd but I was willing to haggle. He was only paying 35 for reds

So what are you left with after Jennifer took her usual cut? :lol: :lol:

No shit! I get 50. However she did help with the stretching process. And has been checking traps on the river with me
quackhead

PreviousNext

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum