Spring Turkey Just Around The Corner

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Spring Turkey Just Around The Corner

Postby hunter1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm getting stoked for the spring turkey season. Last fall I tried HeviShot Magnum Blend and clobbered a Tom way out there with one shot. I still have 4 rounds left (after patterning 5 rounds out of my gun at different distances) so they will last this year assuming I have 1 shot kills. I'm working on my calls, takes a lot of practice, but good calling can get them in close sometimes. When they don't close the distance, it's good to know with HeviShot I can smack em' way out if need be.
hunter1

Re: Spring Turkey Just Around The Corner

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:45 pm

hunter1 wrote:I'm getting stoked for the spring turkey season. Last fall I tried HeviShot Magnum Blend and clobbered a Tom way out there with one shot. I still have 4 rounds left (after patterning 5 rounds out of my gun at different distances) so they will last this year assuming I have 1 shot kills. I'm working on my calls, takes a lot of practice, but good calling can get them in close sometimes. When they don't close the distance, it's good to know with HeviShot I can smack em' way out if need be.

I got impatient this year waiting for them to get close due to me having to be to work soon. Ended up taking a 65 yard shot and knocked it down with one shot. Furthest shot I've ever taken on one.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Re: Spring Turkey Just Around The Corner

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Last one I shot was about 65 too. Took 2 shots though. Sent in for a permit last week should find out if I get the early tag in a few more weeks.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum