First mink!

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

First mink!

Postby quackhead » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 pm

image.jpg
Finally got my first mink. I got one in a mink box and 110
And the other in a Bridger 1.5'drowning pocket set. Also got one rat and had one chew its leg off.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
quackhead

Re: First mink!

Postby QH's Paw » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:11 am

You keep catching those muskrats and you're gonna have to get Assa'a roast muskrat recipe. Take a look on page 902 of the 100,000 post thread in the "blind" forum.
All you need is about another 100 minks and you can start on a winter jacket for jennifer.
QH's Paw

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:12 am

Nice! I'm more than a little jealous that you're still rolling. I've been brushing furs, getting mine ready to be picked up on Friday. Then there's nothing besides dying and waxing for the next 8 months. And an empty barn to look at.
assateague

Postby jehler » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:34 am

Assa do they let you damage control trap on private land there? That's how jr rolls right now, he's managed a coon and two blue jays last week

Jealous of the mink, we have them here but I'm to cheap to drive jr all over gods creation at 5 am every day
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby BrewGUN » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:40 am

jehler wrote:Assa do they let you damage control trap on private land there? That's how jr rolls right now, he's managed a coon and two blue jays last week

Jealous of the mink, we have them here but I'm to cheap to drive jr all over gods creation at 5 am every day

Assa also drives a jeep that gets 20mpg, your truck with 10 mpg isn't exactly practical.
BrewGUN

Postby jehler » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:52 am

BrewGUN wrote:
jehler wrote:Assa do they let you damage control trap on private land there? That's how jr rolls right now, he's managed a coon and two blue jays last week

Assa also drives a jeep that gets 20mpg, your truck with 10 mpg isn't exactly practical.

This truck has been averaging 16ish without a load, still
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:54 am

Yep, we can, but the hides aren't worth anything. Most critters here started shedding out a month ago.
assateague

Postby jehler » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:28 am

assateague wrote:

Yep, we can, but the hides aren't worth anything. Most critters here started shedding out a month ago.

The coon he got last week was the best looking one he's got, still balls out winter here though.
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 am

We sort of get screwed by mother nature on that deal, somehow. It's only in the 30s, and will be for the next couple weeks. Cold and miserable, but the critters are on some schedule that drops their winter coats insanely early. Even the horses do it- around the end of January, they start shedding so much I should go into the blanket making business. The Dingo, too. I don't get- it's still cold, fuckers.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:57 am

assateague wrote:Nice! I'm more than a little jealous that you're still rolling. I've been brushing furs, getting mine ready to be picked up on Friday. Then there's nothing besides dying and waxing for the next 8 months. And an empty barn to look at.

I have until April 30 for mink, muskrat and beaver. March 31 for weasel. All year for fox, coyote, coon, badger and skunk
quackhead

Postby quackhead » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 am

QH's Paw wrote:You keep catching those muskrats and you're gonna have to get Assa'a roast muskrat recipe. Take a look on page 902 of the 100,000 post thread in the "blind" forum.
All you need is about another 100 minks and you can start on a winter jacket for jennifer.

Don't give her any ideas! She already is trying to convince me to trim her coat with muskrat.
quackhead

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum