My haul from this weekend. Including my 5 point buck!

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Re: My haul from this weekend. Including my 5 point buck!

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:01 am

jehler wrote:.......................... To think I'd see the day that hunters would vote away hunting liberties, mind blown, so fucking disgusted with the short sightedness. What's next, only turkeys with 6" beards?

Why not make it 10". Everyone knows it ain't a real Tom unless there's 10" hangin' , just sayin'. :twisted:
QH's Paw

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:55 pm

assateague wrote:
JGUN wrote:I will agree that it's not the best tool out there but it's the best fool proof tool. The ideal restriction (as much as I don't like restrictions) would be to go by age but not everyone can age a deer on the hoof.

No. The ideal would be what I described- allow ONLY bucks 4 points or less to be shot. Do this for three or four years or so. But it'll never happen, because we all know that the antler restrictions aren't for the deer, they're for the hunters.

ideally, the best management plan would involve random harvest across all ages and antler sizes.

the problem is not many out there will just shoot the first deer they see.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm
huntall6 wrote:MT is right.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:21 pm

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:
assateague wrote:
JGUN wrote:I will agree that it's not the best tool out there but it's the best fool proof tool. The ideal restriction (as much as I don't like restrictions) would be to go by age but not everyone can age a deer on the hoof.

No. The ideal would be what I described- allow ONLY bucks 4 points or less to be shot. Do this for three or four years or so. But it'll never happen, because we all know that the antler restrictions aren't for the deer, they're for the hunters.

ideally, the best management plan would involve random harvest across all ages and antler sizes.

I sure as hell would.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:37 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
(MT)Montanafowler wrote:
assateague wrote:

I sure as hell would.

I would too. Overall though, two out of 500,000 is statistically zero percent.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm
huntall6 wrote:MT is right.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:04 am

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
(MT)Montanafowler wrote:
assateague wrote:

I sure as hell would.

I would too. Overall though, two out of 500,000 is statistically zero percent.

True and if you look at it that way they shouldn't give a rat's ass what we do then.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Previous

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum