Another weekends haul

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Another weekends haul

Postby quackhead » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:22 pm

My paw is over right now from oregon and was able to show him what and how I catch things. It ended up being a pretty good weekend. I got 6 marten, 2 beaver and a 6pt bull that someone never found:( 2 of my martens got cannibilized though.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
quackhead

Re: Another weekends haul

Postby flight control » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 am

Nice catch. Martens are pretty cool little animals. I remember deer hunting a few years ago over a pile of huge apples, about 200 yards away. Once in a while I would see an apple get up and go off into the woods. I looked through my scope and realized it was a marten stealing them. The apples were about three times the size of it's head. That place was crawling with them.
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:27 pm

That's a bummer for some elk hunter out there, I bet that's a 280"+ bull.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby quackhead » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:09 pm

3legged_lab wrote:That's a bummer for some elk hunter out there, I bet that's a 280"+ bull.
i think it's maybe 260. I might know the guy who shot it.
quackhead

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:22 pm

quackhead wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:That's a bummer for some elk hunter out there, I bet that's a 280"+ bull.

Looks bigger sitting on the quad. And you're not gonna give it to him, are ya?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby quackhead » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:11 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
quackhead wrote:

Looks bigger sitting on the quad. And you're not gonna give it to him, are ya?

No, I don't know him personally but someone else I know knows him and said he lost a 6pt in the area we were hunting. He find out a more specific area. Accidents happen and every hunter has lost an animal at sometime but it is his loss our find
quackhead

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:24 pm

My brother and I went to look for sheds one Saturday, we found 3 small small forks all day. The following weekend him and his buddy went to scout for bear and my brother found a nearly full skeleton of a 6 point. We figure it had been out all winter because the meat was gone but the horns still had good color. They looked around in the dirt and even found both ivories. We scored it at 282 2/8".
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby quackhead » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:36 am

3legged_lab wrote:My brother and I went to look for sheds one Saturday, we found 3 small small forks all day. The following weekend him and his buddy went to scout for bear and my brother found a nearly full skeleton of a 6 point. We figure it had been out all winter because the meat was gone but the horns still had good color. They looked around in the dirt and even found both ivories. We scored it at 282 2/8".

Nice. And that was a Rosie right?
quackhead

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:06 am

3legged_lab wrote:My brother and I went to look for sheds one Saturday, we found 3 small small forks all day. The following weekend him and his buddy went to scout for bear and my brother found a nearly full skeleton of a 6 point. We figure it had been out all winter because the meat was gone but the horns still had good color. They looked around in the dirt and even found both ivories. We scored it at 282 2/8".

Threw me for a loop right there. Learn something every day.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:43 pm

quackhead wrote:

No, they're more towards the coast. At least other side of cascades I think. Wasnt a huge bull, but I was jealous.
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Why? You didn't know they had 2 ivory teeth?
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:55 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
quackhead wrote:

No, they're more towards the coast. At least other side of cascades I think. Wasnt a huge bull, but I was jealous.
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Why? You didn't know they had 2 ivory teeth?

I had no idea.

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:09 am

If look inside an elks mouth it kind of looks like a toothless hillbilly.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum