My last weekend out with the family

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

My last weekend out with the family

Postby quackhead » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:39 am

This weekend was my last weekend with the family before they headed back to oregon. Couldn't have been better. There was lots of snow and ended up with 4 marten, 2 beaver, 1 ermine and an elk.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
quackhead

Re: My last weekend out with the family

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Action packed weekend!! Good stuff man! :thumbsup:
IndianaMallard64

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 pm

:thumbsup:
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby assateague » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:30 pm

That's awesome. I wish it would get a little colder here. I want to get a week or so cheating start on trapping season because of the earlier sale, but it's too damn hot.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Nice QH!

#tazincali
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby quackhead » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:11 pm

assateague wrote:That's awesome. I wish it would get a little colder here. I want to get a week or so cheating start on trapping season because of the earlier sale, but it's too damn hot.

Are you prebaiting sets? When does your season open?
quackhead

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:39 pm

The real topper to the hunts was that last day's hunt before you shot your elk. When we watched those 3 6pt bulls grazing on that hillside, totally oblivious that we were there.
It was an awesome trip as usual.
Can't wait for next year's draw to see what adventures we plan for next year. :beer: :beer: :thumbsup:
Next adventure this year will be December and Kansas, if you can make it with me. Get that tent dry we're gonna need it. :lol:
QH's Paw

Postby assateague » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:11 am

quackhead wrote:
assateague wrote:That's awesome. I wish it would get a little colder here. I want to get a week or so cheating start on trapping season because of the earlier sale, but it's too damn hot.

Opens November 15th. I don't bait anything, really, only use lures. Bait around here draws skunks and possums by the bucketful.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:28 am

assateague wrote:
quackhead wrote:

Opens November 15th. I don't bait anything, really, only use lures. Bait around here draws skunks and possums by the bucketful.

What are you to scared to put up stinky fur that will bring 5 or 6 bucks at auction? Lol . And don't forget the $10 an oz for the essence.
quackhead

Postby quackhead » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:30 am

QH's Paw wrote:The real topper to the hunts was that last day's hunt before you shot your elk. When we watched those 3 6pt bulls grazing on that hillside, totally oblivious that we were there.
Can't wait for next year's draw to see what adventures we plan for next year. :beer: :beer: :thumbsup:
Next adventure this year will be December and Kansas, if you can make it with me. Get that tent dry we're gonna need it. :lol:

It's gonna be hard to dry out when it's 10 f-ing degrees outside. I hope I get to go. Sounds like it will have to be my present.
quackhead

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm

quackhead wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:The real topper to the hunts was that last day's hunt before you shot your elk. When we watched those 3 6pt bulls grazing on that hillside, totally oblivious that we were there.

It's gonna be hard to dry out when it's 10 f-ing degrees outside. I hope I get to go. Sounds like it will have to be my present.

I have to pay for gas either way. So, you don't have to worry about that. Find out from Jarbo or TK on license cost etc. I think they posted it somewhere but, not sure which thread or forum. I think you need Hunter Ed. proof.
Food we have already, just need to throw in a cooler....maybe some beer.
You should have some shells but, if you don't I'll throw in extras.
Staying in tent at TK's place, no cost housing.
I think the biggest questions are "have you finished Jenny's Buffalo hunt and can you get at least Friday and Monday off that weekend?". Thursday would be a nice day to add if you can bank hours too.
QH's Paw

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum