Fall turkey hunting tips

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Fall turkey hunting tips

Postby Juice Box » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:09 pm

I've hunted turkey in the spring time here (Northern Cali.) but never tried in the fall. I was just wondering if any of you had any advise and if it's much different from spring turkey hunting.
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Re: Fall turkey hunting tips

Postby JGUN » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Turkey hunting in the fall here is way different than in the spring. I know some guys will bust up a flock and call them back. I usually end up just stalking them. Another trick that is quite effective once you have found a flock is to have someone drive the truck past them while you walk on the opposite side of the truck. When you are in range the truck keeps going while you stand there. They are usually too busy watching the truck to even notice you standing there. Boom dead bird.
JGUN

Postby Juice Box » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:05 pm

JGUN wrote:Turkey hunting in the fall here is way different than in the spring. I know some guys will bust up a flock and call them back. I usually end up just stalking them. Another trick that is quite effective once you have found a flock is to have someone drive the truck past them while you walk on the opposite side of the truck. When you are in range the truck keeps going while you stand there. They are usually too busy watching the truck to even notice you standing there. Boom dead bird.

Thanks for the advise. I might have to try a few of those tricks.
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Postby RonE » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Another trick is to find their roost tree and shoot them before they leave the roost. Usually works, especially up around Loma Rica and Collins Reservoir.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Juice Box » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:31 pm

RonE wrote:Another trick is to find their roost tree and shoot them before they leave the roost. Usually works, especially up around Loma Rica and Collins Reservoir.

Yeah very true. As long as they stay till shoot time. Or come back before shoot time is over.
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:15 am

Juice Box wrote:
RonE wrote:Another trick is to find their roost tree and shoot them before they leave the roost. Usually works, especially up around Loma Rica and Collins Reservoir.

Yeah very true. As long as they stay till shoot time. Or come back before shoot time is over.

Go pheasant hunting with me. Nowadays we see more turkeys then Pheasants.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby Juice Box » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 am

GadwallGetter530 wrote:
Juice Box wrote:

Go pheasant hunting with me. Nowadays we see more turkeys then Pheasants.

Let's go Monday then.
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Sure. We'll talk this weekend. We'll go for a walk and see if you can get a shot at one.
GadwallGetter530

Postby Juice Box » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:44 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:Sure. We'll talk this weekend. We'll go for a walk and see if you can get a shot at one.

Okay cool. I'll give you a call Saturday or Sunday.
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Postby Juice Box » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:23 pm

GadwallGetter530 wrote:Sure. We'll talk this weekend. We'll go for a walk and see if you can get a shot at one.

Gotta cancel the plans for Monday. I have my Polly graph test for the PD I gotta take Monday.
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Juice Box wrote:

Gotta cancel the plans for Monday. I have my Polly graph test for the PD I gotta take Monday.

You're fucked if they ask you about cruising high school parking lots for chicks. :D
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby 3geese4me » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Juice Box wrote:

You're fucked if they ask you about cruising high school parking lots for chicks. :D

Hahahaha
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Juice Box » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Juice Box wrote:

Let's pray they don't.
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Juice Box wrote:

Bummer. Well whenever you wanna go.
GadwallGetter530

Postby JGUN » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:59 am

Just go deer hunting three days after the turkey season closes, they'll come right in. :roll:
uploadfromtaptalk1384696759418.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
JGUN

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:11 am

JGUN wrote:Just go deer hunting three days after the turkey season closes, they'll come right in. :roll:
uploadfromtaptalk1384696759418.jpg

That's the truth. Fuckin turkeys.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum