Lotting letters are up!!

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Lotting letters are up!!

Postby quackhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Finally got my grades for my fur at nafa. Pretty excited. Looks like I may have some top lots
quackhead

Re: Lotting letters are up!!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Congrats QH. Good luck on the top lots.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby QH's Paw » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:41 pm

quackhead wrote:Finally got my grades for my fur at nafa. Pretty excited. Looks like I may have some top lots

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
GOOD LUCK SON! :beer: :beer: :beer:
QH's Paw

Postby quackhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:05 pm

I hope your right about$$$$$
quackhead

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:17 pm

Shit. I would've slept better had I not just went and checked mine. My foxes graded for shit. I'll be lucky to get $300 for the 26 foxes I've got in there. None graded above a II. I usually have more than a few SEL or SSL, but not this time. Half were flat or very flat, frosty, gray butt, sometimes all 3. Fuck. I blame the weather- there's only so much you can do when they won't grow hair. It's pretty horrible. Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit. Got one cherry red/heavy, but it only graded a II also. And these were all nice big adult males, too. I'm very disappointed.

My coons graded well, for what that's worth. All North Central, XXL Good, 1 or 2 clarity. But I don't expect much from them.

Quack, any idea what "PT" is for? I can't find it on any grading sheets or literature, and it's on several of my foxes, usually combined with other things, like "PT FTY, GB", which is frosty gray butt, and whatever PT is. Some places it's twice "PT FL, PT". Makes me a little nervous.
assateague

Postby capt1972 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:24 pm

assateague wrote:Shit. I would've slept better had I not just went and checked mine. My foxes graded for shit. I'll be lucky to get $300 for the 26 foxes I've got in there. None graded above a II. I usually have more than a few SEL or SSL, but not this time. Half were flat or very flat, frosty, gray butt, sometimes all 3. Fuck. I blame the weather- there's only so much you can do when they won't grow hair. It's pretty horrible. Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit. Got one cherry red/heavy, but it only graded a II also. And these were all nice big adult males, too. I'm very disappointed.

My coons graded well, for what that's worth. All North Central, XXL Good, 1 or 2 clarity. But I don't expect much from them.

Quack, any idea what "PT" is for? I can't find it on any grading sheets or literature, and it's on several of my foxes, usually combined with other things, like "PT FTY, GB", which is frosty gray butt, and whatever PT is. Some places it's twice "PT FL, PT". Makes me a little nervous.

Pretty Terrible?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Fucking horrible. Neighbor's getting ready to check his, to see if his are fucked, too.
assateague

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:26 pm

assateague wrote:Shit. I would've slept better had I not just went and checked mine. My foxes graded for shit. I'll be lucky to get $300 for the 26 foxes I've got in there. None graded above a II. I usually have more than a few SEL or SSL, but not this time. Half were flat or very flat, frosty, gray butt, sometimes all 3. Fuck. I blame the weather- there's only so much you can do when they won't grow hair. It's pretty horrible. Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit. Got one cherry red/heavy, but it only graded a II also. And these were all nice big adult males, too. I'm very disappointed.

Damn that sucks.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby quackhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:15 pm

assateague wrote:****. I would've slept better had I not just went and checked mine. My foxes graded for ****. I'll be lucky to get $300 for the 26 foxes I've got in there. None graded above a II. I usually have more than a few SEL or SSL, but not this time. Half were flat or very flat, frosty, gray butt, sometimes all 3. ****. I blame the weather- there's only so much you can do when they won't grow hair. It's pretty horrible. Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit. Got one cherry red/heavy, but it only graded a II also. And these were all nice big adult males, too. I'm very disappointed.

It means "partial". Meaning part of the lot is frosty or grey butt or whatever else. Bummer about the grades on your fox. Are they all in the heavies or are they in semi? My friend sent one. It graded II DK frosty
His coon went north western.
His rats went eastern and all my rats last year went central. WTF I got screwed lol
quackhead

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:23 pm

No, only one is heavy. The other 25 are semi, flat, or very flat. Fucking sucks. I even had a couple rubs in there- how the hell does that happen? They're from freaking December- no foxes are shedding out.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:29 pm

That sucks!! Not only did you have troubles trapping, now you have shitty grades. I feel for ya.
quackhead

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:32 pm

It is what it is, I guess. I'd rather have fur prices low than have a bunch of shitty furs, personally. It had to be the weather, though- my neighbor got slammed, too. He said he's never had furs grade that poorly. He's got about 150 reds in this sale, and he's already crying. He made a little over $40,000 last year. This year he'll be lucky to break $10,000.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Damn! Hell of a pay cut for him. And that's not figuring a huge drop in prices either. Which I don't think we'll see
quackhead

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:00 pm

NAFA will only go 10% below last sale, anyway, so it can't be that drastic. Which is a good thing. But 10% below $18 SUCKS BALLS. If I end up getting more for my coons than my reds, I'm going to cry.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:14 pm

assateague wrote:NAFA will only go 10% below last sale, anyway, so it can't be that drastic. Which is a good thing. But 10% below $18 SUCKS BALLS. If I end up getting more for my coons than my reds, I'm going to cry.

That would suck but I'm guessing there will be a lot of buy backs on coon so it probably won't happen :)
quackhead

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:16 pm

No kidding. Over a half million coons in this sale can't be a sign of good things to come. And I still think this second sale is going to fuck us. The buyers won't be as hard-pressed to get what they can, when they know there's another sale in a little over a month. We'll see how it goes, I guess.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:08 pm

assateague wrote:No kidding. Over a half million coons in this sale can't be a sign of good things to come. And I still think this second sale is going to **** us. The buyers won't be as hard-pressed to get what they can, when they know there's another sale in a little over a month. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

There is rumor the Chinese are gonna show at the next sale. We'll see
quackhead

Postby quackhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:09 pm

It looks like nafa might have held back the eastern coons.
quackhead

Postby quackhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:46 pm

Here they are
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
quackhead

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:53 pm

I just noticed that one of my coons is in a lot of 1,595. What the hell are they thinking? Why is there one lot of almost 1600?

Eff this. I need to go to bed. Got a side job tomorrow, and already don't feel like running plywood on a roof. Wish I could sleep until Monday night, and then see what I got so I don't stress it. :lol:
assateague

Postby quackhead » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:55 pm

Haha :lol:
quackhead

Postby quackhead » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:02 am

Cuz it's gonna be cheap, so they'll want a bunch at that price :)
quackhead

Postby capt1972 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:05 am

assateague wrote:I just noticed that one of my coons is in a lot of 1,595. What the hell are they thinking? Why is there one lot of almost 1600?

Eff this. I need to go to bed. Got a side job tomorrow, and already don't feel like running plywood on a roof. Wish I could sleep until Monday night, and then see what I got so I don't stress it. :lol:

you getting the storm tomorrow that were getting up here tomorrow night?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:22 am

Supposed to maybe snow a little. Damn well better not.
assateague

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum