No wolf yet but coyotes !!!!

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

No wolf yet but coyotes !!!!

Postby Duplex Lover » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm

There is no better way to see a sunup!!

Sitting on a coyote/wolf stand.

Willow Creek Reservoir there is a hot springs we hunt late ducks and pheasants. Thought we try and call some dogs What kind would be up to see. We snuggled in and hit the call. The Picture doesn't show but it's a Huge glacier carver Coulee that runs for miles to the east with lots of brush in the bottom and in clumps on the sides. Great spot for coyote and lion or bob cat. We called for a bit with out seeing any movement I never did see anything but Kristopher just happened to look a brush pile he setup next to and BAM there's a coyote just standing there looking to see what the hell the racket was. A quick 35 yard shot with the CZ and we had fur in the box.
We did sets all over the lake with out any other takers. The Game Range is covered with elk and deer so we tried to concentrate as close to it as we could. Did Lots of perfect sets with no luck.

We went on in to Gibson , we thought we could go up to where they block the willow creek beaver creek road and walk in and see if there was a willing wolf running around. We got there and couldn't get a parking spot and decided there was enough people trying that ,so we left. We went back and crossed the sun on the silver bridge and whet up that road and cut down along side the river and got to the trail head to go to the BIG cliffs by Diversion. There is a big drainage back in there and set up there. The wind was more concentrated and stronger, cold. We called there 45 minutes, we had two screaming back but just wouldn't come in to view. We got up talked for a wail and then we saw a bunch of white tail come busting out of the brush flags raised and running AT US. That means only one thing, something was coming. We just set down Kristopher didn't even have his gun. Two coyotes came out looking for a fight. The very quickly caught out sent and spun around. I let out a bark and one of them stopped I had to get on it FAST and I shot, sending a 52 gr Berger just a 1/4" over its back, Crap, there was a LOT of time and effort spent on this set and I MISSED !

Well we got out and killed one. We did look at some other very wolfie looking spots but ran out of gas , tiered, and filled them for a better look on a different day.

One coyote no wolf, a ton of elk and Hundreds of eagles You can't call that a bad day.
Sky blasting again...
Coyotes-R-Us
Duplex Lover

Re: No wolf yet but coyotes !!!!

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:54 pm

:thumbsup:
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby jimdundee » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:13 am

great read, fantastic pics.....congrats on your Coyote.
if it isn't dangerous it will not be much fun.
jimdundee

Postby Woody » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:34 am

Those are some fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby RonE » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:06 am

Beautiful country, almost makes me want to take up deer and elk hunting again.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby bill herian » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:06 pm

That's the style!
bill herian

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum