Rats

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Re: Rats

Postby aunt betty » Thu May 08, 2014 11:47 am

You need to sub out the rat job.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby quackhead » Thu May 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Now that, I have successfully trapped and released. :)
quackhead

Postby assateague » Sat May 24, 2014 8:23 pm

The situation has escalated. I caught what I thought was a mouse in a rat trap this afternoon. But it was a baby rat. Apparently, I now know why that rat was so big.

Time to go nuclear.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat May 24, 2014 8:38 pm

assateague wrote:Time to go nuclear.

I knew it

Decon
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sat May 24, 2014 8:41 pm

I've been meaning to post here all afternoon. I had a rat just look at me today in my shed. No fear, I think that's a sign that he's been there a while and is used to me coming and going in. I've set traps out there before and never caught him. I think he's wise to them so I'm going to try the drowning trap made out of a 5 gallon bucket.

You should give that a try too. It works as a bulk trap so you can get more than one at a time.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Sat May 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Here is one in action.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Sun May 25, 2014 4:55 am

I may try one out of a trash can instead. Gonna turn that shop into Auschwitz before it's over with.
assateague

Rats

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun May 25, 2014 5:40 am

"Jim has 43 rats in his barn and sets 11 traps. How many rats will be alive in 2 weeks? Explain why the number is greater than 246"
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Sun May 25, 2014 5:44 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:"Jim has 43 rats in his barn and sets 11 traps. How many bags of horse feed will the rats eat in the next week? How many rats will there be in 2 weeks?? Show your work."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun May 25, 2014 7:25 am

assateague wrote:I may try one out of a trash can instead. Gonna turn that shop into Auschwitz before it's over with.

I'm going to build mine today and set it up tonight with the game camera rolling I'll post the results.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby RonE » Sun May 25, 2014 7:35 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:"Jim has 43 rats in his barn and sets 11 traps. How many rats will be alive in 2 weeks? Explain why the number is greater than 246"

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby RonE » Sun May 25, 2014 7:39 am

Olly wrote:
assateague wrote:I may try one out of a trash can instead. Gonna turn that shop into Auschwitz before it's over with.

I'm going to build mine today and set it up tonight with the game camera rolling I'll post the results.

You and Jim need to get better acquainted. Soon, the rat will own you like the one that owns Jim. As hard as he has tried, I don't know how Jim is going to feel if you are successful on your first attempt.

I wish you both the best of luck.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby assateague » Sun May 25, 2014 7:51 am

I'm resorting to poison. If we lose some barn cats, so be it. They're easy enough to replace.
assateague

Postby Olly » Sun May 25, 2014 7:51 am

RonE wrote:
Olly wrote:

You and Jim need to get better acquainted. Soon, the rat will own you like the one that owns Jim. As hard as he has tried, I don't know how Jim is going to feel if you are successful on your first attempt.

I wish you both the best of luck.

If I have to burn that shed to the ground I will get that damn rat! The way he just looked at me with no fear was over the line.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun May 25, 2014 11:29 am

assateague wrote:I'm resorting to poison. If we lose some barn cats, so be it. They're easy enough to replace.

Hahaha. Just do it. The barn cats wont get the carcass, they obviously haven't gotten him yet. He'll go somewhere secluded to die.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun May 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Trap is set and game camera is on and waiting.

IMG_1573.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby AKPirate » Sun May 25, 2014 6:17 pm

You guys are gonna selectively train and breed a super strain of expert swimming rats
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun May 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Rats are already expert swimmers. The idea is that they get tired and drown vs not being able to swim and drown.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun May 25, 2014 6:46 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1401061643753.jpg
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Sun May 25, 2014 7:44 pm

You sure a 5 gallon buckets big enough for a rat? My money is on him jumping out, like a dolphin.
assateague

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun May 25, 2014 7:50 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401065403.158306.jpg
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun May 25, 2014 7:50 pm

assateague wrote:You sure a 5 gallon buckets big enough for a rat? My money is on him jumping out, like a dolphin.

I don't think they can jump in water. I mean can you? Haha but we will see!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby waterfowlman » Sun May 25, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm waiting for Jim to flip out and go the claymore with tripwire route. :lol:
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby AKPirate » Sun May 25, 2014 8:02 pm

Olly wrote:
assateague wrote:You sure a 5 gallon buckets big enough for a rat? My money is on him jumping out, like a dolphin.

I don't think they can jump in water. I mean can you? Haha but we will see!

That mouse in your video was climbing up the side of the bucket pretty far. Definitely need a shiny bucket with no rough sides.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby flight control » Sun May 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Go one step further. Put water in a trash can\barrel and cover the opening with bristol board or some kind of stiff paper. Place the bait in the center of the paper and keep baiting the paper until your rats get comfortable jumping on there for an easy meal. Then glue your bait down and cut an X in the paper. The rat jumps on, falls through and the stiff paper bounces back, ready for the next rat. Used to work great for cleaning the chipmunks out of the chicken coop.
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun May 25, 2014 8:07 pm

waterfowlman wrote:I'm waiting for Jim to flip out and go the claymore with tripwire route. :lol:

Looky what I found in my truck.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun May 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Eeeent eeeh!
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun May 25, 2014 8:11 pm

flight control wrote:Go one step further. Put water in a trash can\barrel and cover the opening with bristol board or some kind of stiff paper. Place the bait in the center of the paper and keep baiting the paper until your rats get comfortable jumping on there for an easy meal. Then glue your bait down and cut an X in the paper. The rat jumps on, falls through and the stiff paper bounces back, ready for the next rat. Used to work great for cleaning the chipmunks out of the chicken coop.

Pungee sticks at he bottom?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Sun May 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
waterfowlman wrote:I'm waiting for Jim to flip out and go the claymore with tripwire route. :lol:

Looky what I found in my truck.

Too bad it's just the tester :lol: what I wouldn't give for a case of those fuckers.
assateague

Postby flight control » Sun May 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Olly wrote:
flight control wrote:Go one step further. Put water in a trash can\barrel and cover the opening with bristol board or some kind of stiff paper. Place the bait in the center of the paper and keep baiting the paper until your rats get comfortable jumping on there for an easy meal. Then glue your bait down and cut an X in the paper. The rat jumps on, falls through and the stiff paper bounces back, ready for the next rat. Used to work great for cleaning the chipmunks out of the chicken coop.

Pungee sticks at he bottom?

Toothpicks coated with salt
Tell your mom I said hi.
flight control

PreviousNext

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum