Contraption

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Re: Contraption

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:45 am

Are Werepossums a thing?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:11 am

I'll let you know at the next full moon. More likely, the superpowers I'd develop would be a prehensile dick and the ability to fall asleep on command.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:24 am

So if we get word that your hanging upside down from a tree by your dick, to start loading up silver bullets?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:49 am

Probably a good idea. Just don't violate my rights while you're doing so, though.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:50 am

assateague wrote:Probably a good idea. Just don't violate my rights while you're doing so, though.
youll have your Miranda rights read to ya before you're put down
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:52 am

Fair enough. Make sure you work it so that you get at least $250 for me, though.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 am

assateague wrote:Fair enough. Make sure you work it so that you get at least $250 for me, though.
id think a full grown werepossum would run 5 hundo...at least
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:19 am

Whatever you think. Just don't let me go to waste.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:21 pm

I love the syringe pole! I use it for skunks. 6cc is to light a load though. 12cc and they're out in no time. Speak soft and slow and let them smell it. When they turn their head you just slide it into the chest or behind the shoulder. Good night!

Jim why don't you do hourly rates? Most guys from the east are charging $200 first hour then $100/hr after that from the time they leave the house. Atleast that way you won't go broke from a bad job. There is no way I could get work doing those kind of rates here. I quoted a guy $100 setup fee and $65/hr for a beaver job and he didn't call back :)
quackhead

Postby quackhead » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:23 pm

Oh and my pole cost more then 3 bucks. I bought a syringe with an adapter that screws on to chimney sweep rods. I use to rods so I have 8' of pole. The adapter and syringe was 15 and the poles were 8
quackhead

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:40 pm

quackhead wrote:Oh and my pole cost more then 3 bucks. I bought a syringe with an adapter that screws on to chimney sweep rods. I use to rods so I have 8' of pole. The adapter and syringe was 15 and the poles were 8

I thought about that, but they won't fit between the bars on my cage traps, and I don't want to cut out a couple here and there. Wouldn't hurt anything, just don't want to do it.
assateague

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:46 pm

quackhead wrote:I love the syringe pole! I use it for skunks. 6cc is to light a load though. 12cc and they're out in no time. Speak soft and slow and let them smell it. When they turn their head you just slide it into the chest or behind the shoulder. Good night!

Jim why don't you do hourly rates? Most guys from the east are charging $200 first hour then $100/hr after that from the time they leave the house. At least that way you won't go broke from a bad job. There is no way I could get work doing those kind of rates here. I quoted a guy $100 setup fee and $65/hr for a beaver job and he didn't call back :)

We sort of have a "monopoly" here. There are only 3 of us licensed for the bottom 4 counties of MD right now, and we all know each other. Heck, one is my neighbor. We all cover for each other, and refer to each other if we're busy, so we keep our rates the same, with the exception of 2 towns. There, it's a free for all. We also call the local pest control companies pretty regularly, and make sure we stay about $20 per animal below them, and then recommend people give them a call for an estimate if they balk at our prices. Works out pretty well. And it probably works out close to that, believe it or not, when you factor in the days with multiple catches. Works out better for me, and I like piece work more than hourly work.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Yeah, I just cut a couple holes or some cages have 1" holes. A good coon trap shouldn't have 1" holes (damage reasons) so I could see why you don't want them but I'm thinking a couple holes aren't bad.

Have you got called in to clean up somebody else's mess yet? That's where I could see piece work being a loss. Coming to trap one critter that's already smart could become a lot of trips. Whichever method works and you make money or get property is all that matters :)
quackhead

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:41 pm

I just turn them down. If it doesn't look or seem easy, I don't do it. It's extra money. If it was my real job, it'd be different.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:40 am

Have you tried the pole on coon yet? I've heard they don't work well for them. I guess they're too damn mean and tear them up.
quackhead

Postby assateague » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am

Not yet. I've always found the coon to be very calm in my cage traps, though. Almost seem domesticated. Granted, I've never tried to jab then with a needle.
assateague

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:27 am

I read the title as contraception every time I see this thread
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby AKPirate » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:33 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:I read the title as contraception every time I see this thread

Me too, I always recommend that she swallows it
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:16 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:I read the title as contraception every time I see this thread

Which is ironic, because I suspect it's also how you spell "contraception" :lol:
assateague

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:28 am

assateague wrote:

Which is ironic, because I suspect it's also how you spell "contraception" :lol:

:P :lol:
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:04 am

Quack, you were right. I stepped it up to a 12cc syringe yesterday, and had this guy in a trap this morning. It was almost instant- he was slowly rolling backwards even before I pulled the needle out. I'm talking QUICK. Thanks for the tip!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405861474.418933.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405861490.756473.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague

Postby quackhead » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:04 pm

No prob. Jealous of you right now. I'm not doin any calls, I've been to busy to get my name out there. Had a couple calls. 1 didn't want to pay and the other I think was mistaken and didn't actually have a beaver problem.
quackhead

Previous

Return to Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum