The off season..

Everything Duck Dogs!

Re: The off season..

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:24 pm

I was pretty proud the day his crippled ass beat a 2 year old male black lab to a duck on a 45 yard river retrieve.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:25 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
assateague wrote:We're going again tomorrow. Is that first pic from the video you posted a while back? In the "a dog needs a tail to swim" argument?

These were from this morning. Was his 1st ever jumping off a dock, ge was getting real comfortable with it. I'd like to see how well he maneuvered and handled if he had a tail!
I here they have a handicapped division for dogs missing limbs

WTF is that supposed to mean?
Cant discriminate
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:25 pm

3legged_lab wrote:I was pretty proud the day his crippled ass beat a 2 year old male black lab to a duck on a 45 yard river retrieve.
that's a beautiful thing
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Redbeard wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
assateague wrote:We're going again tomorrow. Is that first pic from the video you posted a while back? In the "a dog needs a tail to swim" argument?

These were from this morning. Was his 1st ever jumping off a dock, ge was getting real comfortable with it. I'd like to see how well he maneuvered and handled if he had a tail!
I here they have a handicapped division for dogs missing limbs

WTF is that supposed to mean?
Cant discriminate

After he amputated I asked the vet if I could get a handicapped parking permit. He laughed at me.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Redbeard wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:I was pretty proud the day his crippled ass beat a 2 year old male black lab to a duck on a 45 yard river retrieve.
that's a beautiful thing

Drive and want to will normally win. Way to go Tug.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:34 pm

jarbo03 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
that's a beautiful thing

That and I really don't think labs use their back legs much for swimming. A good 50% comes from their tail. :lol:
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:51 am

Everybody knows blacks can't swim.
assateague

Postby jarbo03 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:12 am

3legged_lab wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
that's a beautiful thing

That and I really don't think labs use their back legs much for swimming. A good 50% comes from their tail. :lol:

I'm gonna find an extension for Taz tail so he can swim good!
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Redbeard » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:48 am

jarbo03 wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
that's a beautiful thing

maybe try adding a sail to his back too
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:50 am

assateague wrote:

Everybody knows blacks can't swim.

When my buddy came home from the Navy boot camp he told me some stories.

jarbo03 wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
that's a beautiful thing

I was waiting for you to catch that one.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:49 am

Worked Charlie on some long blinds in the heat yesterday
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378565250.158511.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378565265.961310.jpg

While Jack kept a close eye on the helicopters fighting the small 2 acre fire in the hills right behind out home
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378565333.185463.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Took Cadee to the park and Charlie got alittle easy work in. We both screwed up on that last cast. He popped, anticipating the whistle, and I sent him to a spot with no bumpers. But it worked out
Redbeard

Postby RonE » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Redbeard wrote:Took Cadee to the park and Charlie got alittle easy work in. We both screwed up on that last cast. He popped, anticipating the whistle, and I sent him to a spot with no bumpers. But it worked out

I just had lens replacement surgery and am supposed to be able to see ok now. Is it my imagination or is Red's video of the black dog sideways or did they put my eye back together 90 deg out of kilter.

Try to edit the stupid dog video so that it is oriented properly. You would think that during the "off season" you would learn to run a video camera.

By the way: Nice looking dog.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Red just figured out how to post a video about 3 weeks ago. Cut him some slack, jack.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:30 pm

RonE wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Took Cadee to the park and Charlie got alittle easy work in. We both screwed up on that last cast. He popped, anticipating the whistle, and I sent him to a spot with no bumpers. But it worked out

I just had lens replacement surgery and am supposed to be able to see ok now. Is it my imagination or is Red's video of the black dog sideways or did they put my eye back together 90 deg out of kilter.

Try to edit the stupid dog video so that it is oriented properly. You would think that during the "off season" you would learn to run a video camera.

By the way: Nice looking dog.
why don't you just lay down sideways and watch. Easier to change your depends that way anyhow
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:07 am

With the cooler weather ciuld finally do some field work away from the water. Worked on upland search out to 100 yds, and ran a few 100 yard blinds. Both went well considering how long it's been.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:16 am

Looking good J. Just came inside from working a bit in the backyard. Pup worked great for how much we've worked with the heat. Didn't make it very long this yella dog is out of shape :lol:
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Redbeard » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:14 pm

jarbo03 wrote:With the cooler weather ciuld finally do some field work away from the water. Worked on upland search out to 100 yds, and ran a few 100 yard blinds. Both went well considering how long it's been.
diggin the farmland pictures
Redbeard

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Bama at A&M gettin ugly fast.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby DC727 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:15 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Bama at A&M gettin ugly fast.

Don't hijack the dog thread
NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:20 pm

DC727 wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:Bama at A&M gettin ugly fast.

Don't hijack the dog thread

Holy hell i got tapatalk malfunctions. How'd this get here ?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:33 am

Stand work in the backyard.

Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:09 pm

Looking good flight!
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Great thibg to work on before season starts, lookin good. Does it seem like his coat is any thicker this year?
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:14 pm

jarbo03 wrote:Great thibg to work on before season starts, lookin good. Does it seem like his coat is any thicker this year?

Still worried about that, thinking is way too early for him to start this year with the heat. As of now they spend all day inside while we're at work but in the next month or so that is changing for sure.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:Great thibg to work on before season starts, lookin good. Does it seem like his coat is any thicker this year?

Still worried about that, thinking is way too early for him to start this year with the heat. As of now they spend all day inside while we're at work but in the next month or so that is changing for sure.

Is that stand made out of pvc? I need to make one

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

Yup very cheap to make and used it all last year. Will take better pics and make a thread when I get home. Works very well. Can't claim to be the one who first designed it.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

Yup very cheap to make and used it all last year. Will take better pics and make a thread when I get home. Works very well. Can't claim to be the one who first designed it.

Bullshit you can't. Assa will teach you how to trademark just about anything.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

Bullshit you can't. Assa will teach you how to trademark just about anything.

Ha, Swamp is the one who showed me this one. Stupid simple, just make a square using T joints in the corners and extend it out to a 45 elbow. Legs slide in and out each time. 1 1/2" PVC.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Redbeard wrote:Looking good flight!

Thanks Red, Hopfully all this progress carries over to the field. You hunting demon pup this year?
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Dog Forum