The off season..

Everything Duck Dogs!

Re: The off season..

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
Redbeard wrote:Looking good flight!

Thanks Red, Hopfully all this progress carries over to the field. You hunting demon pup this year?
I hope too. Though it won't be til much later in the season if I do.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Tomkat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:01 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379498463.094405.jpg

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Tomkat

Postby jmitch » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Technically not the offseason anymore but its been awhile since I did any real dog work so I figured I'd run a few blinds to get a little sharper for our trip in a week. Ran one quartering uphill on sidehill at about 75 yards in some tall grass. Had a little trouble getting him to run uphill at first but handled real well. Second was about 125 yards down the same sidehill. Lined up real nice and took a great line. Only had to stop him once, real nice and clean. I came away pleasantly surprised after about 4 weeks of very little work for him. Only problem I'm having, if you even wanna call it one, is the little bastard charges so hard when I send him or give him a cast that its easy to lose a good line if I'm not right on top of him.
jmitch

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:26 pm

jmitch wrote:Technically not the offseason anymore but its been awhile since I did any real dog work so I figured I'd run a few blinds to get a little sharper for our trip in a week. Ran one quartering uphill on sidehill at about 75 yards in some tall grass. Had a little trouble getting him to run uphill at first but handled real well. Second was about 125 yards down the same sidehill. Lined up real nice and took a great line. Only had to stop him once, real nice and clean. I came away pleasantly surprised after about 4 weeks of very little work for him. Only problem I'm having, if you even wanna call it one, is the little bastard charges so hard when I send him or give him a cast that its easy to lose a good line if I'm not right on top of him.

You are too hard on your dog. You should have sent him straight along the bottom of the hill, then straight up it. Less time going uphill the less work on the dog. :lol:
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
jmitch wrote:Technically not the offseason anymore but its been awhile since I did any real dog work so I figured I'd run a few blinds to get a little sharper for our trip in a week. Ran one quartering uphill on sidehill at about 75 yards in some tall grass. Had a little trouble getting him to run uphill at first but handled real well. Second was about 125 yards down the same sidehill. Lined up real nice and took a great line. Only had to stop him once, real nice and clean. I came away pleasantly surprised after about 4 weeks of very little work for him. Only problem I'm having, if you even wanna call it one, is the little bastard charges so hard when I send him or give him a cast that its easy to lose a good line if I'm not right on top of him.

You are too hard on your dog. You should have sent him straight along the bottom of the hill, then straight up it. Less time going uphill the less work on the dog. :lol:
control freak
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

control freak

Totally! What's up with these guys sending their dogs on a straight line JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN?
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby jmitch » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

control freak

Totally! What's up with these guys sending their dogs on a straight line JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN?

Knew I was doing something wrong!
jmitch

Postby jarbo03 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:44 pm

I send Taz in a parabola
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby jmitch » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:56 pm

jarbo03 wrote:I send Taz in a parabola

Well my dog is training his own dog to do his dirty work
jmitch

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:58 pm

jmitch wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:I send Taz in a parabola

Well my dog is training his own dog to do his dirty work

You must have an English lab or one of them fashion labs(red,champagne,silver, charcoal)

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby jarbo03 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Not quite, just a crazy haired one. I believe that is where he derives his power. Has to be a correlation.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:17 pm

This dude is getting restless. [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1391728631651.jpg[/attachment]
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby duck dawg » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Mine is driving me crazy. Can't wait till the weekend to work him.
duck dawg

Postby jarbo03 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Flightstopper wrote:This dude is getting restless. [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1391728631651.jpg[/attachment]

Good lookin hound, needs some winter time work, next year cold waters would be bo prob.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Now would be perfect too with it in the 20's. Been too damn busy lately, sucks
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Redbeard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Apparently Charlie knows the season is over
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391742880.634698.jpg
Redbeard

Postby aunt betty » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:47 pm

Always something. Today is "heal" day.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:29 am

aunt betty wrote:Always something. Today is "heal" day.

Witch doctor Milo.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Heel. For u airhead.
Can't you see that dog sitting at heel? Heal...whatever.
Oh...

I
Get
It

Ahahahaha.

Really

Its not that funny.

Ha!
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Redbeard » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 pm

Pleasantly surprised at the river today. Cadee hasn't done any water lately
Redbeard

Postby Rick » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Good girl.
Rick

Postby AKPirate » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:21 pm

Very nice Aaron
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby RonE » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:12 am

Nice retrieve.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:48 pm

She is lookin good Aaron.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:49 pm

Tonight we worked on patience.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby AKPirate » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 pm

jarbo03 wrote:Tonight we worked on patience.

Taz!
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:56 pm

jarbo03 wrote:Tonight we worked on patience.
Ha! And steadiness
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:03 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393542187.562294.jpg
Redbeard

Postby AKPirate » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Good dog!
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Dog Forum