will try and finish this thread later on.too high to give a fuck at the moment
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Re: for all you pros

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 pm

one2many wrote:will try and finish this thread later on.too high to give a fuck at the moment

I like you best when you are grumpy.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 pm

I find it best to not insult someone's career. Saying a professional dog trainer is useless is just like me saying farming is easy because I can EASILY grow my own garden and raise chickens/cows for everything I need...but I don't. Very very very easily can though, as can the majority here. Not a knock on farming, but it is the same argument you are bringing up about trainers. Sure, most people could train their own dog to a level they are happy with, but not everyone has the time, property, or equipment. Why do you pay to have someone to clean your kennels? It's so damn easy, you really don't give yourself enough credit :lol:
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:37 am

My biggest problem with the vast majority of the so called professionals, retriever clubs, etc is that it seems like they are reading from the same script. The first and last time I went to a "retriever club" get together was when my oldest was a pup. And guess what....the first things they asked were....

Are you going to force fetch your dog...Because you know you can't have a trained retriever without force fetching it

Are you going to collar condition your dog...Because you know you can't have a trained retriever without collar conditioning it.

What bloodlines did your retriever come out, and are you going to run trials with him, because you can't have a trained retriever without running trials without it.
goodkarmarising

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:40 am

goodkarmarising wrote:My biggest problem with the vast majority of the so called professionals, retriever clubs, etc is that it seems like they are reading from the same script. The first and last time I went to a "retriever club" get together was when my oldest was a pup. And guess what....the first things they asked were....

Are you going to force fetch your dog...Because you know you can't have a trained retriever without force fetching it

Are you going to collar condition your dog...Because you know you can't have a trained retriever without collar conditioning it.

What bloodlines did your retriever come out, and are you going to run trials with him, because you can't have a trained retriever without running trials without it.

Hang around and prove them it doesn't always have to go that direction. Either road you take there is plenty to pick up from the guys that hang around there.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Rick » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:09 am

Flightstopper wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:My biggest problem with the vast majority of the so called professionals, retriever clubs, etc is that it seems like they are reading from the same script. The first and last time I went to a "retriever club" get together was when my oldest was a pup. And guess what....the first things they asked were....

Hang around and prove them it doesn't always have to go that direction.

Eggzackly. If you've got the goods it'll dry the drips right up.
Rick

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:55 am

Any trainer I've met has said it's situational on all of the things you just mentioned. I know of one trainer that runs trials and he hunts more than anyone I know.

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Rick wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

Never have felt the need to prove that I'm right when I know I'm right or to sit there and have some self appointed knuckleheads nit pick what I'm doing when they can't do it any better. Kinda like posting up videos of your dogs working for a certain mod over on that other site and then not seeing videos of their dogs working.
goodkarmarising

Postby Redbeard » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:02 pm

so the vast majority of pro's fall into this category...say these things...and act this way? Or just the few you've met?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Rick wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

x2
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:47 pm

goodkarmarising wrote:
Rick wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

Never have felt the need to prove that I'm right when I know I'm right or to sit there and have some self appointed knuckleheads nit pick what I'm doing when they can't do it any better. Kinda like posting up videos of your dogs working for a certain mod over on that other site and then not seeing videos of their dogs working.

I never felt a need to prove anything to them. The club I use to attend sure pushed towards certain trends but they still had excellent accumulative advice no matter the choice of methods.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:
Rick wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

I never felt a need to prove anything to them. The club I use to attend sure pushed towards certain trends but they still had excellent accumulative advice no matter the choice of methods.

They don't just push towards certain ideals or trends for no damn reason. They are proven ways to get a dog to do something efficiently. I don't agree with everything someone tells me, but I do take a look at what they are saying and why they are saying it and evaluate it myself, rather than just say my way works and is better without checking it out.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:31 am

Eric Haynes wrote:I don't agree with everything someone tells me, but I do take a look at what they are saying and why they are saying it and evaluate it myself, rather than just say my way works and is better without checking it out.

Probably puts you in a small minority, as most seem to think that if the pros do it, it must be right, and since they've now chosen it, too, it's The One True Path - all without looking at the reasons the pros do it and considering that their own situations may differ significantly from the Pros'.
Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:31 am

Eric Haynes wrote:I don't agree with everything someone tells me, but I do take a look at what they are saying and why they are saying it and evaluate it myself, rather than just say my way works and is better without checking it out.

Probably puts you in a small minority, as most seem to think that if the pros do it, it must be right, and since they've now chosen it, too, it's The One True Path - all without looking at the reasons the pros do it and considering that their own situations may differ significantly from the Pros'.
Rick

Postby jarbo03 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:41 am

Rick wrote:

Heard you the first time Rick. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:13 am

Rick wrote:- all without looking at the reasons the pros do it and considering that their own situations may differ significantly from the Pros'.
***every one read this***
Redbeard

Postby Rick » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:36 am

jarbo03 wrote:
Rick wrote:

Heard you the first time Rick. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

You making fun of my s-st-st-stu-stu-stu-stutt... Aw, hell, speech problem.
Rick

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:36 am

Ok, Mel.
assateague

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:I find it best to not insult someone's career. Saying a professional dog trainer is useless is just like me saying farming is easy because I can EASILY grow my own garden and raise chickens/cows for everything I need...but I don't. Very very very easily can though, as can the majority here. Not a knock on farming, but it is the same argument you are bringing up about trainers. Sure, most people could train their own dog to a level they are happy with, but not everyone has the time, property, or equipment. Why do you pay to have someone to clean your kennels? It's so damn easy, you really don't give yourself enough credit :lol:

i pay a guy to clean my kennels because its beneath me :D
comparing dog training(which i do as well) to farming isnt even close gardening maybe not farming. not saying its all hard work because it isnt.i will invite you out to ride on the rack in the middle of summer when it about 100 and the dew point is etween 75 and 83. just a warning i make my bales heavier then most. then you can stack it in the haymow. im no longer man enough to do it but will enjoy watching a you are matt turn into a pile of sweat ad piss
one2many

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:00 pm

my biggest problem is when they post a photo up and make damn sure they add all the prefixs before the dogs name. and im not only talking waterfowl guys but pointer guys and my favorite group of guys :roll: coonhound comp guys
stick a photo up tell us her name and move the fuck on, they think they are better period!!!! and when its time to put the money up they decline or have a thousand excuses whatever. other then my family i enjoy busting a CSGN and CSGF owners spirits and wallet with a bmc
one2many

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:03 pm

assateague wrote:Ok, Mel.
love me some Stuttering Mel Tillis. I Got the Horse...one of my favs
Redbeard

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Flightstopper wrote:

Hang around and prove them it doesn't always have to go that direction. Either road you take there is plenty to pick up from the guys that hang around there.

some of the local guys in this area are great guys and want to help anyone they can.so of the guys are filthy rich and you wouldnt know it by looking at them or even talking with them.i have learned a few things from some local retriever guys.
one2many

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

Any trainer I've met has said it's situational on all of the things you just mentioned. I know of one trainer that runs trials and he hunts more than anyone I know.

got to call bullshit. Matt stated clearly the hours he has to work to train these dogs. no time left for hunting :D
one2many

Postby capt1972 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:11 pm

this thread is still going? :roll: :roll:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:07 pm

one2many wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

got to call bullshit. Matt stated clearly the hours he has to work to train these dogs. no time left for hunting :D

This guy does no more than 6 dogs at a time. Only boards dogs during the hunting season. Who brings their dog to a trainer during the season anywways?:lol::lol::lol:

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby jmitch » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I have to ask why anyone gives a shit about what pros think or do or don't do or how they make they're money, etc? They're are plenty of anti-pro guys who come off as ignorant know it all dickheads on this subject too. How are they any different then the pros that you are bitching about? They are not.

And about the cheating thing. If you want you dog to cheat then let the fucker cheat but you don't have to tell anyone who will listen how dumb it is to decheat a dog. You sound just like that pro that you hate.
jmitch

Postby jehler » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm

jmitch wrote: They're are plenty of anti-pro guys who come off as ignorant know it all dickheads on this subject too.

:clap:
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:37 pm

jehler wrote:
jmitch wrote: They're are plenty of anti-pro guys who come off as ignorant know it all dickheads on this subject too.

:clap:

X :clap: :clap:
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Forgot about this. I recorded this a couple days ago as I was thinking about the whole cheating the bank thing.

Crappy return for the camera because there were 2 pitbulls and a boxer out playing next to shore. Got a little sidetracked.

Anyways, just to be clear, you want your dog to run down the shore run straight in , get the bumper, run straight back out then return on shore?

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:Forgot about this. I recorded this a couple days ago as I was thinking about the whole cheating the bank thing.

Crappy return for the camera because there were 2 pitbulls and a boxer out playing next to shore. Got a little sidetracked.

Anyways, just to be clear, you want your dog to run down the shore run straight in , get the bumper, run straight back out then return on shore?

your dog works too hard
Redbeard

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Dog Forum