real hunting dog?

Everything Duck Dogs!

real hunting dog?

Postby ea oneal » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:42 pm

got a question any body hunt with a dog that,s not a shall we say (normal) hunting dog. the reason i ask is ,my son in law has a lab he is a very good .we took him out to work him and we let pebbles go ,she is a boxer-pit mix,7 month,s old. she watched ,and now she hold,s retrieving,to hand.will stop and can be sent left or right . all this in one day , just never seen anything like it. loves the boat, and will dive right off . and i took her to day not even close to gun shy,as a matter fact you shoot and she look,s and wait,s to see if u send her. move,s around in boat a lot but she,s still a puppy for the most part.
ea oneal

Re: real hunting dog?

Postby Rick » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 pm

One of my grandfathers hunted most everything, day or night, with "farm collies" (read "mutts") that didn't know they weren't supposed to those things well. But he was just an old hillbilly who didn't know any better.
Rick

Postby Goldfish » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:00 am

As long as you can keep her warm, there shouldn't be an issue. If she loves doing it, go with it

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:24 am

Goldfish wrote:As long as you can keep babies away from her, there shouldn't be an issue. If she loves doing it, go with it

sent from a phancy fone

FIFY. We know how you feel about pits, Goldie...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Goldfish » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:27 am

Tire an anchor to them and throw the bumper in deep water?

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby ea oneal » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:23 pm

don't get real cold much ,in south la. wonder if a vest might take care of the cold day,s.
ea oneal

Postby capt1972 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:41 pm

ea oneal wrote:don't get real cold much ,in south la. wonder if a vest might take care of the cold day,s.

definitely a cam vest, that way the babies wont see him coming!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby ea oneal » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:00 pm

this dog is a she 1/2 pit,1/2 boxer, sleep,s with the granbaby, and has her own pet cat, clueless as to mean. she love,s everybody.mind,s on hand signals. all in all one of the best pet,s we have ever had.her mom is the boxer,and she is cool but don,t mess with the wife,that,s mama and she will eat ur a$$ !!!
ea oneal

Postby RonE » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:38 pm

From a hunting and field trial retriever perspective, "if she can mark three birds", I don't care if she's blind in one eye, only has three legs and has spots, I'll take her.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Willie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Sounds like a fuster cluck

@
Willie

Postby Goldfish » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:52 am

I think you could turn a lot of heads with that dog at competitions if she follows commands that well. Just don't let the other dog forum know, lol

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Postby goodkarmarising » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:00 pm

RonE wrote:From a hunting and field trial retriever perspective, "if she can mark three birds", I don't care if she's blind in one eye, only has three legs and has spots, I'll take her.

X2
goodkarmarising

Postby ea oneal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:09 am

well took the the knot head dove hunting .the bad-dont want to sit still,want,s to play with bird,s . dont want to give or drop, have to force her to let go, thin u get the pout till some one shoot,s she wont hold ,someone shoots she gone . if she cant see it she will look at me, for help, she get,s over ,back well,,not so much .but she,s still a big puppy.she might get it.my buddy,s a happy with her now.sit in your chair and and let her get in all sticker,s
ea oneal

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:25 am

ea oneal wrote:well took the the knot head dove hunting .the bad-dont want to sit still,want,s to play with bird,s . dont want to give or drop, have to force her to let go, thin u get the pout till some one shoot,s she wont hold ,someone shoots she gone . if she cant see it she will look at me, for help, she get,s over ,back well,,not so much .but she,s still a big puppy.she might get it.my buddy,s a happy with her now.sit in your chair and and let her get in all sticker,s

Your writing style keeps me sane. Reallly making me work for it, you know?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Return to Gun Dog Forum