for all you pros

Everything Duck Dogs!

Re: for all you pros

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:09 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:I don't know why you wouldn't want the dog to run 40 feet and swim 10, rather than swimming 50. But that's just me.

Hard to see in the video but the shore angles back. 20 Yard run through 12" deep water or 23 yard run on land and 10 yard run through water.

What if there were 3' cattails along the shore and i was standing in the only opening....which is what i almost always hunt. Want your dog taking his eye off the mark, running around the cattails and just poking through when he thinks he's there? Seems straight to it is easier to me.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

I think your placing to much pressure on your dog. She is going to quit playing sports and her resentment of your unrealistic expectations will cause her to drop out of school and start dating goth boys.

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river

Me and Red have talked about this. I apologized to her for making her work so damn hard. I only got the one retrieve in before she collapsed.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:12 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:I don't know why you wouldn't want the dog to run 40 feet and swim 10, rather than swimming 50. But that's just me.

Hard to see in the video but the shore angles back. 20 Yard run through 12" deep water or 23 yard run on land and 10 yard run through water.

What if there were 3' cattails along the shore and i was standing in the only opening....which is what i almost always hunt. Want your dog taking his eye off the mark, running around the cattails and just poking through when he thinks he's there? Seems straight to it is easier to me.

I think your placing to much pressure on your dog. She is going to quit playing sports and her resentment of your unrealistic expectations will cause her to drop out of school and start dating goth boys.

Me and Red have talked about this. I apologized to her for making her work so damn hard. I only got the one retrieve in before she collapsed.

Just be careful. I don't want her to end up on 16 and pregnant

AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:16 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I was hoping for Maury. "I'm black, 9 and pregnant"

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:24 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:[quote="assateague"]I don't know why you wouldn't want the dog to run 40 feet and swim 10, rather than swimming 50. But that's just me.

I was hoping for Maury. "I'm black, 9 and pregnant"

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

:lol:

AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:36 am

Chach floats the ducks to hand with Jedi mind power, in a straight line
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:41 am

jehler wrote:Chach floats the ducks to hand with Jedi mind power, in a straight line

Why doesnt he float them to shore, then down the bank to you? A real Jedi wouldn't even make you have to shoot.

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:46 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
jehler wrote:Chach floats the ducks to hand with Jedi mind power, in a straight line

Why doesnt he float them to shore, then down the bank to you? A real Jedi wouldn't even make you have to shoot.

he does, but I'm a claimer
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:56 am

If Chach was on Maury he would always be the father.

Bootlipkiller

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

you're ready for parenthood
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

and to think I'm the one with the hippie Humboldt free thinking Jedi knight dog
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:The most interesting dog in the world

Stay thirsty my friends
FIFY
Redbeard

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:The most interesting dog in the world

Stay thirsty my friends
FIFY

:lol:

Bootlipkiller

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

you're ready for parenthood

If I have a kid it will probably grow up to be a drug dealer. :D

Bootlipkiller

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:If Chach was on Maury he would always be the father.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:Have a little more faith in your dog.

Have fun with your training Jim :grin:

I freely admit the dog is smarter than I am. And after 30 years of smoking, can damn sure smell better than I can :lol:
assateague

Postby Rick » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

At risk of being serious, I doubt any halfway experienced dog that's been allowed to cheat would opt to do so in either of those situations, ie: super easy running water or where the bank is lined with cattails.
Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

At risk of being serious, I doubt any halfway experienced dog that's been allowed to cheat would opt to do so in either of those situations, ie: super easy running water or where the bank is lined with dense cattails.

Know none of mine would, and they regularly cheat their buns off where it makes sense.
Rick

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Rick wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

At risk of being serious, I doubt any halfway experienced dog that's been allowed to cheat would opt to do so in either of those situations, ie: super easy running water or where the bank is lined with dense cattails.

Know none of mine would, and they regularly cheat their buns off where it makes sense.

I honestly do not care if anyone's dog cheats. I see it every time I hunt with someone else's dog just about. You may say you doubt a halfway experienced dog would decide to line rather than go around an obstacle, but I've seen some dogs run around some pretty dumb shit just to run back to the blind and go straight in the water to get it and fail to remember another mark. Guess they are below halfway experienced.

Just a question. Your dog is just getting into the blind and you drop a bird 50 yards to the right, about 20 yards into the water from shore. Do you send your dog on a straight line down the shore, whistle him, then over him into the water to hunt the bird up?
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Would depend on the situation. If it's faster, sure. I'm out there trying to fill straps and garner return customers with dog work that doesn't get in the way of that.
Rick

Previous

Return to Gun Dog Forum