for all you pros

Everything Duck Dogs!

Re: for all you pros

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:18 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:Forgot about this. I recorded this a couple days ago as I was thinking about the whole cheating the bank thing.

Crappy return for the camera because there were 2 pitbulls and a boxer out playing next to shore. Got a little sidetracked.

Anyways, just to be clear, you want your dog to run down the shore run straight in , get the bumper, run straight back out then return on shore?

your dog works too hard

Only because I make her stay in the water, just because I can. :lol:
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:Forgot about this. I recorded this a couple days ago as I was thinking about the whole cheating the bank thing.

Crappy return for the camera because there were 2 pitbulls and a boxer out playing next to shore. Got a little sidetracked.

Anyways, just to be clear, you want your dog to run down the shore run straight in , get the bumper, run straight back out then return on shore?

your dog works too hard

Only because I make her stay in the water, just because I can. :lol:
control freak
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 pm

I will state that I have never trained her to not cheat. Only thing I've ever done is lining on land. She has never cheated the bank so I guess until the time comes I can't really do anything about it right?

I will add that she is nuts about water. I have a hard time keeping her out of it if we are even remotely near any type. She will hop in my mothers pool and just swim around for 5-10 minutes.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:15 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
one2many wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:My biggest problem with the vast majority of the so called professionals, retriever clubs, etc is that it seems like they are reading from the same script. The first and last time I went to a "retriever club" get together was when my oldest was a pup. And guess what....the first things they asked were....

Are you going to force fetch your dog...Because you know you can't have a trained retriever without force fetching it

Are you going to collar condition your dog...Because you know you can't have a trained retriever without collar conditioning it.

What bloodlines did your retriever come out, and are you going to run trials with him, because you can't have a trained retriever without running trials without it.

Any trainer I've met has said it's situational on all of the things you just mentioned. I know of one trainer that runs trials and he hunts more than anyone I know.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

got to call bullshit. Matt stated clearly the hours he has to work to train these dogs. no time left for hunting :D

This guy does no more than 6 dogs at a time. Only boards dogs during the hunting season. Who brings their dog to a trainer during the season anywways?:lol::lol::lol:

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

sorry eric you lost me first you say he boards dogs during the hunting season the you toss in who brings their dog to a trainer during the seaon with a with a few lols you trying to laugh at me? :lol:
but to answer your ? more people then you think take their dogs to the trainers during the seasons.
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:25 pm

jmitch wrote:I have to ask why anyone gives a shit about what pros think or do or don't do or how they make they're money, etc? They're are plenty of anti-pro guys who come off as ignorant know it all dickheads on this subject too. How are they any different then the pros that you are bitching about? They are not.

And about the cheating thing. If you want you dog to cheat then let the fucker cheat but you don't have to tell anyone who will listen how dumb it is to decheat a dog. You sound just like that pro that you hate.

dont give a fuck what they make,and i dont think anybody has said anything about money...
my thread and have not said shit about a dog cheating or decheating( which im not sure, is not a word)
every photo i have posted of one of my flea bags has never been accompanied with what titles or what titles the parents have.
i find posting the dogs pedigree,unless asked, simply vain and braggadocio. sorry me just being me.
jmitch i have to ask you why should i give a shit about what you say. you a pro trainer?
Last edited by one2many on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one2many

Postby AKPirate » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:28 pm

I feed my last lab Eukanuba a few times...
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:30 pm

AKPirate wrote:I feed my last lab Eukanuba a few times...

shit man thats got to be high dollar up your way.
one2many

Postby AKPirate » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:32 pm

one2many wrote:

:lol: It's worth it to be a pro
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:37 pm

one2many wrote:
jmitch wrote:I have to ask why anyone gives a shit about what pros think or do or don't do or how they make they're money, etc? They're are plenty of anti-pro guys who come off as ignorant know it all dickheads on this subject too. How are they any different then the pros that you are bitching about? They are not.

And about the cheating thing. If you want you dog to cheat then let the fucker cheat but you don't have to tell anyone who will listen how dumb it is to decheat a dog. You sound just like that pro that you hate.

dont give a fuck what they make,and i dont think anybody has said anything about money...
my thread and have not said shit about a dog cheating or decheating( which im not sure, is not a word)
every photo i have posted of one of my flea bags has never been accompanied with what titles or what titles the parents have.
i find posting the dogs pedigree,unless asked, simply vain and braggadocio. sorry me just being me.
jmitch i have to ask you why should i give a shit about what you say. you a pro trainer?

also i am a dickhead. but you can read all my post and show me saying anything about how someone should or shouldnt train their dog. i will donate 1 dollar to Olly for this BB for each quote you can post up. should be easy
one2many

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:37 pm

AKPirate wrote:
one2many wrote:

lmao
one2many

Postby AKPirate » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:40 pm

one2many wrote:
AKPirate wrote:
one2many wrote:

lmao

:mrgreen:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:47 pm

to jmitch eric matt and John or the rest.i know i have wrinkled some feathers,but this is the kind of shit im talking about.
his very first post here!!
Matt Duncan wrote:CH PORT SIDE’S GREAT XPECTATIONS MH WDQ** X HRCH WALKERS PUDDLE JUMPIN KODA
PUPPIES DUE NOVEMBER 18
CH Port Side's Great Xpectations MH WDQ** known as LEFTY.
This dog is agile, very pleasant, easy going, an excellent marker and determined in the field. Lefty lives to play with balls and enjoys human company. Gets along well with other dogs, children, and people. Lefty is brown with a white sliver on his chest. Lefty earned his Bench championship in March 2012, his Master hunter title in April 2012, and he has earned two Judges Award of Merit in the Qualifying stake at Field trials. Lefty has great attention when doing obedience work. Lefty's sire is DUAL & AFC Bertram's Blazing Firewater MH. Lefty's dam is Chesarab's Escapade Port Side MH CD WDQ who at ten years old is still fired up and ready to go. Lefty's offspring are young; out of the two litters he has sired one litter has a bitch that earned her UKC Championship and the other litter has a bitch that won a JR puppy stake.
Lefty's health Clearances are. Hips:CB-9405E25M-VPI (Excellent), Elbows:CB-EL1593M25-VPI, Eyes:CB-5930/12-52*, PRA:CB-PRA29/23M-VPI (Clear), DM:CB-DM28/8M-VPI (Clear), EIC:CB-EIC53/2M-VPI (Clear), Cardiac:CB-CA151/50M/C-VPI, Thyroid:CB-TH108/51M-VPI, Patellas:CB-PA19/25M/P-VPI, ED/SF-Clear, CHIC:63960

HRCH WALKERS PUDDLE JUMPIN KODA “KODA”
Koda is a larger brown female standing 25” at the withers and a healthy 78lbs. She has been nothing short of a joy to train as she has an excellent work ethic and is very eager to please. This girl has 2 speeds, stop and go! She is an excellent marking dog and run blinds with tons of enthusiasm. In the duck blind is where Koda shines the most. I also run HRC tests with Koda and she has a 100% pass rate from started through finished and received her Hunting Retriever Champion title a week after her third birthday. Training wise she has a ton of focus and handles pressure very well. She is an excellent family dog and great with young children.
Hips: CB-10047G37F-PI (Good), Elbows: CB-EL2026F37-PI (Normal), DM: CB-DM1459/37F-PI-CAR, CERF: CB-372418, EIC: D12-029133.
References are available.
For more information. call 317-534-7380 I would love to speak with you.

pedigree info- http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4777

over at the other place Cason did it right he didnt come in and act like this about byers. he was posting and making friends. now everybody slobs all over his knob(most homos) and its fine cause he dont blow his own horn like most of the industry including pro trainers/pro breeders.
think this all boils down to me not being breastfed.
one2many

Postby one2many » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:50 pm

anyone know how to train a cat??? these 3 little bastards are getting out of hand
one2many

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:45 am

Reb, "One2many, smoke a bowl"
O2M, "Why?"
Reb, "because you act like a bitch when you're not high"
Reb,"Better?"
O2M, "Better!"

:D
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby AKPirate » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:51 am

rebelp74 wrote:Reb, "One2many, smoke a bowl"
O2M, "Why?"
Reb,"Better?"
O2M, "Better!"

Snickers shit is funny :mrgreen:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby one2many » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:03 am

rebelp74 wrote:Reb, "One2many, smoke a bowl"
O2M, "Why?"
Reb,"Better?"
O2M, "Better!"

lmao it is true
one2many

Postby one2many » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:18 am

it all started when corncob was fighting with people.then i was at a function i had to attend and got cornered by a few guys that all they could do was talk about their dog this their dog that and what trainers the sent the dogs to and how great each guys trainer was.
im get stuck in these situations a lot and get sick of it. most all the guys that do this are upper middle class to wealthy people and it gets on my nerves. double the piss off cause i have to keep my mouth shut and nod my head with them.
its funny the amount of times these same guys' dogs have the" he has never done that before"moment, when hunting with us
my lab isnt perfect and never have i claimed he was.fucker has bad gas and sheds bad he is called meathead here by me for a reason,he will flat out bust his ass for me and sees and marks better then i do.
at the end of the day you guys,here, training your dogs are doing a damn fine job
except John of course
oh and eric i dont have to tell mine here,heal,or sit :lol:
one2many

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:34 am

one2many wrote:to jmitch eric matt and John or the rest.i know i have wrinkled some feathers,but this is the kind of shit im talking about.
Matt Duncan wrote:CH PORT SIDE’S GREAT XPECTATIONS MH WDQ** X HRCH WALKERS PUDDLE JUMPIN KODA
PUPPIES DUE NOVEMBER 18
This dog is agile, very pleasant, easy going, an excellent marker and determined in the field. Lefty lives to play with balls and enjoys human company. Gets along well with other dogs, children, and people. Lefty is brown with a white sliver on his chest. Lefty earned his Bench championship in March 2012, his Master hunter title in April 2012, and he has earned two Judges Award of Merit in the Qualifying stake at Field trials. Lefty has great attention when doing obedience work. Lefty's sire is DUAL & AFC Bertram's Blazing Firewater MH. Lefty's dam is Chesarab's Escapade Port Side MH CD WDQ who at ten years old is still fired up and ready to go. Lefty's offspring are young; out of the two litters he has sired one litter has a bitch that earned her UKC Championship and the other litter has a bitch that won a JR puppy stake.
Lefty's health Clearances are. Hips:CB-9405E25M-VPI (Excellent), Elbows:CB-EL1593M25-VPI, Eyes:CB-5930/12-52*, PRA:CB-PRA29/23M-VPI (Clear), DM:CB-DM28/8M-VPI (Clear), EIC:CB-EIC53/2M-VPI (Clear), Cardiac:CB-CA151/50M/C-VPI, Thyroid:CB-TH108/51M-VPI, Patellas:CB-PA19/25M/P-VPI, ED/SF-Clear, CHIC:63960

Koda is a larger brown female standing 25” at the withers and a healthy 78lbs. She has been nothing short of a joy to train as she has an excellent work ethic and is very eager to please. This girl has 2 speeds, stop and go! She is an excellent marking dog and run blinds with tons of enthusiasm. In the duck blind is where Koda shines the most. I also run HRC tests with Koda and she has a 100% pass rate from started through finished and received her Hunting Retriever Champion title a week after her third birthday. Training wise she has a ton of focus and handles pressure very well. She is an excellent family dog and great with young children.
Hips: CB-10047G37F-PI (Good), Elbows: CB-EL2026F37-PI (Normal), DM: CB-DM1459/37F-PI-CAR, CERF: CB-372418, EIC: D12-029133.

over at the other place Cason did it right he didnt come in and act like this about byers. he was posting and making friends. now everybody slobs all over his knob(most homos) and its fine cause he dont blow his own horn like most of the industry including pro trainers/pro breeders.

So what? The man has obviously put a lot of work into his dogs, and has a lot to show for it. It may have been his first post here, but he isn't new to the community.

IF, I (like many) were to buy a new pup and spend a good amount of money on it, I would like to know that it came from a good line, and could use a proven trainer.

This is his profession. Nothing wrong with it...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby one2many » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:02 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
one2many wrote:to jmitch eric matt and John or the rest.i know i have wrinkled some feathers,but this is the kind of shit im talking about.
PUPPIES DUE NOVEMBER 18

So what? The man has obviously put a lot of work into his dogs, and has a lot to show for it. It may have been his first post here, but he isn't new to the community.

IF, I (like many) were to buy a new pup and spend a good amount of money on it, I would like to know that it came from a good line, and could use a proven trainer.

This is his profession. Nothing wrong with it...

no doubt about wanting to know who the bitch and dog was. i do not buy dogs that i dont know anything about, i assume most guys that use dogs are the same way.

im unbelievably proud of most my dogs. i have only ever shared photos of 7 or maybe 8 of my dogs. what i get pissed about is bs.
i feed,with the new BC gyp i got a few months back, 46 dogs now. this is im sure the only time i have shared that info.
its fine to be proud of your dogs, because i sure the fuck am. in any of the photos i have posted, have i ever had title listed?or posted pedis? most you guys could care less about my dogs hell most i bet dont know whet breed some are.im fine with it.
one2many

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:10 am

I understand where you're at, but as a professional, It's a part of his gig...and while others do, I don't feel that Matt shoves anything down anyone's throat on the forums. He's just out there bustin' his hump like the rest of us...

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby one2many » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:14 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:I understand where you're at, but as a professional, It's a part of his gig...and while others do, I don't feel that Matt shoves anything down anyone's throat on the forums. He's just out there bustin' his hump like the rest of us...

i agree mostly with this. i only used his post as an example as to what is on all the bigger hunting forums. i didnt start this to single him out.im talking waterfowl, upland,coonhound(not so much trainers but for sure pedigrees and titles)i dont see it on our coyote hunting forums
what does it take to call myself a pro?
i only spend time here and one other forum,unless corncob is spouting off cant take the snobs.i have too many cross bred dogs to hang with you types :lol:
one2many

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:26 am

one2many wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:I understand where you're at, but as a professional, It's a part of his gig...and while others do, I don't feel that Matt shoves anything down anyone's throat on the forums. He's just out there bustin' his hump like the rest of us...

i agree mostly with this. i only used his post as an example as to what is on all the bigger hunting forums. i didnt start this to single him out.im talking waterfowl, upland,coonhound(not so much trainers but for sure pedigrees and titles)i dont see it on our coyote hunting forums
i only spend time here and one other forum,unless corncob is spouting off cant take the snobs.i have too many cross bred dogs to hang with you types :lol:

Just make money working with dogs. When I referenced professionals, I was referring to those that breed and train dogs as their primary/sole source of income. Not that that is the proper definition, just my definition

I have respect for the little I know about you, and your dogs. It seems like you know a lot, and you sure as hell have some passion for them. Maybe you make some money with what you do, and should call yourself a pro...

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby jmitch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:15 am

one2many wrote:
one2many wrote:

also i am a dickhead. but you can read all my post and show me saying anything about how someone should or shouldnt train their dog. i will donate 1 dollar to Olly for this BB for each quote you can post up. should be easy

Not a pro trainer in anyway. My dog has never been to a pro either. However I belong to a HRC club and have trained with a few pros over the last couple years, and it really has helped me and me pup. I was speaking more in generalities than at you personally. Just something I have seen on a couple of boards. People say they don't want to be told how to train their dogs but then go and bitch about how a pro trains his. Just always seemed hypocritical to me, but again wasn't speaking towards you just in general.
jmitch

Postby Matt Duncan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:15 am

One2many, why does it bother you so much seeing titles on dogs or what pros do? Possibly you have some insecurity issues with you and your 46 dogs? BTW, thank you for doing your part in your community. I'm sure running a shelter isn't easy when you are training and providing for them at a high level of care which I'm sure you are.... Yes I posted that AD here for a litter I had, that's actually how I found this place. I provided all the info on the dogs involved in the breeding from working titles to health clearances. What is your issue with that? People looking for pups generally want that info. If you don't that's understandable, doubtful you would have got through the application process. You don't see me here telling anyone what they should do with their dogs, at most I comment on what I do and why. I post under my real name not hiding from anything. If that is an issue for you or hurts your feelings I apologize in advance that you are sensitive. It's a free country for folks to say/post what they want. Which reminds me, Thank You for your service in the sandbox in 90-92, I never got to make it to summer camp I bet it was scary for you. Now quit whining like a little bitch about what others are doing that doesn't affect you one bit.
HRCH Walkers Puddle Jumpin Koda "Koda"
SHR Duncan's Haulin a Limit "Limit"
SHR Bourbon Bay's The Other Woman "Jolene"
Matt Duncan

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:32 am

Matt, I think you may have just got hit with that "broad brush" is all. Jeff said he wasn't talking about you, and unfortunately it's a part of life (the broad brush, that is). I heard it all the time when I was building houses- "contractors are lazy drunks who will never show up and rip you off". I'm sure wonton hears it daily- "lawyers are shysters out to rip you off and chase ambulances". Dan gets it often, too- "bankers are crooked sonsabitches who just want to foreclose on your house". Red and Boot get the "cops are control freak, authority-spouting jackasses".

It happens in every walk of life. Seems like the best way to handle it, if possible, is to not get your ass on your shoulders and hear what the other guy's trying to say. Oftentimes, the ass will end up on the shoulders, anyway, and that's fine, but at least make it a last resort rather than a go-to move. We're all subject to stereotypes, and the bitch of that is that stereotypes are true- that's why they exist. So just know that being the exception to the rule is gonna get you hit with that broad brush, and is gonna be difficult, but that's just the way it is.
assateague

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:20 am

Well said.

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Redbeard » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:35 am

assateague wrote:Matt, I think you may have just got hit with that "broad brush" is all. Jeff said he wasn't talking about you, and unfortunately it's a part of life (the broad brush, that is). I heard it all the time when I was building houses- "contractors are lazy drunks who will never show up and rip you off". I'm sure wonton hears it daily- "lawyers are shysters out to rip you off and chase ambulances". Dan gets it often, too- "bankers are crooked sonsabitches who just want to foreclose on your house". Red and Boot get the "cops are control freak, authority-spouting jackasses".

It happens in every walk of life. Seems like the best way to handle it, if possible, is to not get your ass on your shoulders and hear what the other guy's trying to say. Oftentimes, the ass will end up on the shoulders, anyway, and that's fine, but at least make it a last resort rather than a go-to move. We're all subject to stereotypes, and the bitch of that is that stereotypes are true- that's why they exist. So just know that being the exception to the rule is gonna get you hit with that broad brush, and is gonna be difficult, but that's just the way it is.
boot is a jackass
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:39 am

That leaves you with "control freak" or "authority spouter". You can pick.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:14 am

I'll take both. Now turn around and put your hands behind your back
Redbeard

Postby one2many » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:55 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
one2many wrote:

Just make money working with dogs. When I referenced professionals, I was referring to those that breed and train dogs as their primary/sole source of income. Not that that is the proper definition, just my definition

I have respect for the little I know about you, and your dogs. It seems like you know a lot, and you sure as hell have some passion for them. Maybe you make some money with what you do, and should call yourself a pro...

i really dont make any money at the end of the day,im doomed to be an amateur for ever :cry:
one2many

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Dog Forum