Live birds???

Everything Duck Dogs!

Live birds???

Postby Jenfinger » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Since moving to MI I have not trained with live birds due to me getting rid of them all prior to moving. If anyone needs to get rid of some pigeons or knows anyone that has any for sale let me know. Or any other birds let me know.
It would be great if they were close to the UP but beggars can't be choosers so I will drive to what it takes.
Thanks
Jenfinger

Re: Live birds???

Postby Olly » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:37 pm

I've got a trap and frequently trap them as needed. I don't keep any on hand though. I'll lend it to you whenever you need it. Also they wouldn't let me put the trap on the roof at base. :lol:

Sent from Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm on roof tops all the time at work doing HVAC, many times I've threatened to put a quality pellet pistol in my tool bag just to entertain myself.

As a secondary source of income I've thought about offering pigeon trapping to my customers. Charge them for running the trap, then sell them to dog trainers.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Jenfinger » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:36 am

Yeah there could be some good money in that. Hey thanks Olly for lending me the trap, I was always wanting to know if the traps actually worked or not. When I get back I will get up with you, I'm still at school.
Jenfinger

Postby Olly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:39 am

Jenfinger wrote:Yeah there could be some good money in that. Hey thanks Olly for lending me the trap, I was always wanting to know if the traps actually worked or not. When I get back I will get up with you, I'm still at school.

I've had mixed luck with it. At my house on one of my flat roofs I have caught pigeons before but my best streak was when a buddy used to live in town in a apartment with roof access. We were catching them by the dozen over there, let most of them go since I don't have any hutches built.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Jenfinger » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Well as soon as this class is over I will be building a coop. I usually only keep 10 or so just enough to get some good work done and to get that drive thru the roof.
Jenfinger

Postby josh ward » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:06 pm

You should be able to find some pigeons or guneas on craigslist .....
HRCH UH Crosspeakes Colonel Cooper HRC 500pt Club
Brandywine's Big nose Kate
Brandywine's Rough Rider
josh ward

Return to Gun Dog Forum