First duck of the year…

Everything Duck Dogs!

First duck of the year…

Postby HighDesertDuck » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:48 pm

…and it wasn't mine.

Atlas got his first retrieve of the year last night, the guy in the blind to the north of us knocked one down into heavy brush. He made his way to us and asked if we had seen it. We'll I saw in burn in a general area. So I decide I'll show off the dog. I got lucky and after a couple he finds the bird, and with a couple of fetch commands brings it and delivers to hand for the other hunter.

Almost as good as me getting one myself. Of course on the way back 4 teal busted me just outside my blind…
New Mexico: It's not new and It's not Mexico
HighDesertDuck

Re: First duck of the year…

Postby Redbeard » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Always a good feeling when someone asks if he can borrow your dog
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:23 pm

I've helped a lot of guys without dogs this same way. Funny thing is its always awkward for a minute because people never know if I'm going to give them there bird or keep it after my dog finds it for them! I would never take someone's bird but obviously some guys must or people wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Redbeard » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:I've helped a lot of guys without dogs this same way. Funny thing is its always awkward for a minute because people never know if I'm going to give them there bird or keep it after my dog finds it for them! I would never take someone's bird but obviously some guys must or people wouldn't worry about it.

I think the awkward feeling youre getting from them is because they're not sure if you're serious about a golden retriever finding their bird
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:I've helped a lot of guys without dogs this same way. Funny thing is its always awkward for a minute because people never know if I'm going to give them there bird or keep it after my dog finds it for them! I would never take someone's bird but obviously some guys must or people wouldn't worry about it.

I think the awkward feeling youre getting from them is because they're not sure if you're serious about a golden retriever finding their bird

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He probably uses the wife's dog to ease their minds. :D
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Redbeard wrote:

:lol:

AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Gun Dog Magazine has a Golden on the cover this month. There is a big article on how they are beautiful, and can work hard...

This is your chance, Boot! Get a copy to frame!
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Redbeard wrote:

Haha
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:07 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381975626.281129.jpg
savage!

YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Bootlipkiller

Postby Goldfish » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:24 pm

You must have just shot to the let?

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby banknote » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:04 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
savage!

I'm with ya, Boot.
banknote

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:07 am

Can't wait to see more photos of your beast in action!

Bootlipkiller

Postby Redbeard » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:30 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
savage!

this is a sweet picture
Redbeard

Postby Rick » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:03 am

HighDesertDuck wrote:
Almost as good as me getting one myself.

Naw, showing off Pup is way better than killing a duck.

Then again, Pup coming up short when you're trying to show off is way worse than missing a duck.
Rick

Return to Gun Dog Forum