Dog being disobedient

Everything Duck Dogs!

Dog being disobedient

Postby Brandonwilkinson » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:36 am

Hello, my dog is 13 weeks and she has became very stubborn. She has always came the first time I called, sat, went in her kennel Ect. But lately she has not listened! We'll call her and she'll run away. She won't lay down anymore really, she won't go in her kennel, and while playing fetch she'll never return the ball right away like she use to, and won't drop it. Idk if for 3 months this is common. But she has been great but now she is being a pain! I need help! What should I do? We have been using treats. What's your guys' advice? Please help first dog I've trained!
Brandonwilkinson

Re: Dog being disobedient

Postby AKPirate » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:43 am

Brandonwilkinson wrote:Hello, my dog is 13 weeks and she has became very stubborn. She has always came the first time I called, sat, went in her kennel Ect. But lately she has not listened! We'll call her and she'll run away. She won't lay down anymore really, she won't go in her kennel, and while playing fetch she'll never return the ball right away like she use to, and won't drop it. Idk if for 3 months this is common. But she has been great but now she is being a pain! I need help! What should I do? We have been using treats. What's your guys' advice? Please help first dog I've trained!

Pin her down and bite her ear. She is testing your dominance. Kidding, get your basic dog obedience manual. 13 weeks is just figuring out boundaries.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:46 am

AKPirate wrote:
Brandonwilkinson wrote:Hello, my dog is 13 weeks and she has became very stubborn. She has always came the first time I called, sat, went in her kennel Ect. But lately she has not listened! We'll call her and she'll run away. She won't lay down anymore really, she won't go in her kennel, and while playing fetch she'll never return the ball right away like she use to, and won't drop it. Idk if for 3 months this is common. But she has been great but now she is being a pain! I need help! What should I do? We have been using treats. What's your guys' advice? Please help first dog I've trained!

Pin her down and bite her ear. She is testing your dominance. Kidding, get your basic dog obedience manual. 13 weeks is just figuring out boundaries.

I only bite my dogs when they bite first.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:47 am

You may be pushing to much to soon. Keep it simple at that age and keep it fun for her.

If its a golden retriever then you're screwed! :lol:

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Redbeard » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:32 am

AKPirate wrote:

exactly. Just like kids do as they get older

#tazincali
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:53 pm

She's just a puppy. Dont be correcting her with anything more than a tap and a No. Around 6 months when you start formal OB it will be cleared up real quick. Id be just socializing her right now.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:25 pm

It's normal for pups to go thru what you are experiencing. Again at around 20 months. ?
Just back off a week or two,. The dog will come back begging for the attention you took away.
Thyme...take your thyme.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Gun Dog Forum