Summertime work

Everything Duck Dogs!

Re: Summertime work

Postby jarbo03 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Not much for big water around here, our biggest lake is only 16,000 acres. Hell they are shrinking on a daily basis, Cedar Bluff has lost almost 1000 acres from the drought, last check it was over 20 ft. low. Our puddles are drying up. :cry:
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Goldfish » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:32 pm

assateague wrote:I don't know, when I was in MN I was pretty sure you guys padded the count quite a bit to get to "10,000". I saw more than a few puddles which had "Lake..." attached to their name. :lol:

Over 14,000 bodies of water baby!*

*bodies of water include creeks, areas of water over 3 acres, and all the pools surounding Lake Minnetonka
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Redbeard » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Goldfish wrote:
assateague wrote:I don't know, when I was in MN I was pretty sure you guys padded the count quite a bit to get to "10,000". I saw more than a few puddles which had "Lake..." attached to their name. :lol:

Over 14,000 bodies of water baby!*

*bodies of water include creeks, areas of water over 3 acres, and all the pools surounding Lake Minnetonka

pools as in swimming pools?

Are y'all still laker fans? Or still hold a grudge since they fled for Cali?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Goldfish » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Lol, was joking but yes I meant swimming pools. Lake Minnetonka is the nice place to live. It's where Prince had his house before it got taken away.

Not too many basketball fans here. The timberwolves haven't done enough to get anyone to hop on the band wagon (which is all our fans are in this state).
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 am

Goldfish wrote:Lol, was joking but yes I meant swimming pools. Lake Minnetonka is the nice place to live. It's where Prince had his house before it got taken away.

Not too many basketball fans here. The timberwolves haven't done enough to get anyone to hop on the band wagon (which is all our fans are in this state).

I thought he lived in Eden Prairie? I could be wrong, though. I lived in Minnetonka for a while before fleeing to the other side of the lake in Mound. Lot more sane people there.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:20 am

assateague wrote:
Goldfish wrote:Lol, was joking but yes I meant swimming pools. Lake Minnetonka is the nice place to live. It's where Prince had his house before it got taken away.

I thought he lived in Eden Prairie? I could be wrong, though. I lived in Minnetonka for a while before fleeing to the other side of the lake in Mound. Lot more sane people there.

where haven't you lived!?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Goldfish » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 am

I guess specifically it's in Chanhassen. Or at least it was. Not sure if it's still his or not. I could care less one way or the other really.

Redbeard wrote:where haven't you lived!?

Sounds like between him and Jehler they've got the whole country covered.
Goldfish

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:58 am

Redbeard wrote:
assateague wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This actually made me think about it for a bit. Here's the results:

More than 3 months:
CA, WA, AZ, CO, MN, DE, MD, NC, HI, Korea, Japan, the Phillipines, and Guam.

Less than 3 months:
The rest of the states (including AK, but minus Maine), Mexico, Honduras, Panama, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Scotland, England, Thailand, The Sinai, and I suppose North Korea (very briefly and VERY accidentally)

Never been anywhere else.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:01 pm

assateague wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
assateague wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This actually made me think about it for a bit. Here's the results:

More than 3 months:
CA, WA, AZ, CO, MN, DE, MD, NC, HI, Korea, Japan, the Phillipines, and Guam.

Less than 3 months:
The rest of the states (including AK, but minus Maine), Mexico, Honduras, Panama, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Scotland, England, Thailand, The Sinai, and I suppose North Korea (very briefly and VERY accidentally)

Never been anywhere else.

so you're a ramblin' man
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Trying to make a living and doing the best I can.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:59 pm

assateague wrote:Trying to make a living and doing the best I can.

figured you for an allman bros fan
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Taz and I headed to the lake this evening for some fun, and a little whistle work before dove season started.
Passed these munching in a wheat field along the way

TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Previous

Return to Gun Dog Forum