Out In The Marsh

Everything Duck Dogs!

Out In The Marsh

Postby assateague » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Nothing really earth shattering, here. I went out this morning, and there just weren't many birds that wanted to play, so I decided to take Dutch back out this evening. Not really hunting, just wanted to expose him to some new things, since he's never been in the marsh before. I had a bufflehead in the freezer, so I took that along for some practice (which is a good thing, because I didn't even see a duck this evening). He handled it pretty well. He took a couple dips, and after we sat for a while, he started getting cold, so decided to head back to the Jeep. I was happy he didn't take off, and worked pretty close to me. Was hoping he'd find a snipe or rail, but the marsh is pretty dead at the moment for some reason. The only thing he found was an old clam in a pile of seaweed. Pretty good way to spend an afternoon, though.

And any recommendations for boots? Poor fella had about 5 sandburrs in each paw between his toes. I'd rather not spend a ton of money, since I suspect I'll have to buy him another pair when he's done growing, and I'll cough up for good ones then.
assateague

Re: Out In The Marsh

Postby assateague » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Forgot the pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384043275.450097.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague

Postby assateague » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:29 pm

And the video.

I'm tired.

assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Nice pic Jim
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Remind me to bring them to the NCH and you can have a pair of Avery dog boots that were gifted to me. Moose looks and acts like an idiot wearing them so I've never tried to seriously use them.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Thanks Olly! I don't care if he acts like a cat on a glue trap, he's gonna wear them. Took forever for me to get the damn things out.
assateague

Postby jarbo03 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:57 pm

I might have a pair you can have. Have used many, these have been the best. If the fit is not perfect, they will exchange til their right.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1110401376
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Redbeard » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Great picture Jimbo
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby jehler » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:46 am

Love that kind of marsh, strange it isn't crawling with shorebirds and what not?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:57 am

A little bit, yeah. Usually I'll jump a rail or two on the way in and out, and there a many flocks of little shorebirds buzzing around, lighting everywhere. Didn't see a one. But I did see a TON of raccoon and fox tracks at both places, which I don't remember seeing before. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the touchy-freely environmentalists that run the park system are starting to reap what they sow.
assateague

Return to Gun Dog Forum