Charlie's gettin a playmate

Everything Duck Dogs!

Charlie's gettin a playmate

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 pm

No not one of Hef's playgirls. A buddy of mine breeds terriers for deer hunting. He's giving us a two month old little rat terrier from his last litter. It's for the little kids. They've been pestering us for a little dog for awhile. The terrier beats the pug, shitzu and Pomeranian they've been asking for
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Re: Charlie's gettin a playmate

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:45 pm

You should've asked. I've got a Dingo you could have, I'll just tell the wife she ran away.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 pm

assateague wrote:You should've asked. I've got a Dingo you could have, I'll just tell the wife she ran away.

I've already had a dingo. Loved that red dog. Hit by a car 6 years ago. I suggested another a month ago. Mom said hell no we ain't gettin another one of those ugly dogs
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Is Charlie excited about this?
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:12 am

I thought it was going to be a big a adjustment for my oldest, because for the first 3 years of his life, it was just me and him, but didn't seem to phase him moving to a new house and having another dog in the house.
goodkarmarising

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:00 am

Rat terriers deer hunt? Pigmy deer? My g/f's jack russel decided to try and chase a momma doe one day. Momma wasn't having any of that little dog coming by her baby and started jumping towards the direction Lilly was coming. Thankfully she changed her mind when me and the lady friend started running at it as well.

BTW, I'd imagine if you don't train the terrier, your dog will get sloppy because he sees the little kickme can get away with stuff.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:00 am

jarbo03 wrote:Is Charlie excited about this?

I think he will be. He's very friendly with other dogs and loves to play. I think he's still a pup at heart.
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:01 am

goodkarmarising wrote:I thought it was going to be a big a adjustment for my oldest, because for the first 3 years of his life, it was just me and him, but didn't seem to phase him moving to a new house and having another dog in the house.

yea not too worried bout it
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:04 am

Goldfish wrote:Rat terriers deer hunt? Pigmy deer? My g/f's jack russel decided to try and chase a momma doe one day. Momma wasn't having any of that little dog coming by her baby and started jumping towards the direction Lilly was coming. Thankfully she changed her mind when me and the lady friend started running at it as well.

BTW, I'd imagine if you don't train the terrier, your dog will get sloppy because he sees the little kickme can get away with stuff.

yea mostly just used to flush deer
Redbeard

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:32 pm

I think they can track to
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Flightstopper wrote:I think they can track to

supposedly very trainable and capable dogs. OB is probably as much as this pup will get. I'm just glad Charlie will have a playmate
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Flightstopper wrote:I think they can track to

I watched a tv show where one of the guides in Africa had a terrier (cant remember if it was a jack or rat) that was a top notched tracker, better than the little black guys.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Return to Gun Dog Forum