Dammit...

Everything Duck Dogs!

Dammit...

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:40 pm

...somewhere along the line I think Cadee's associated the sit command her being in trouble. The last few days, while working on her whistle sit, she tends to shut down, similarly to the way she does when she's in trouble.

I might have to rethink this
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Re: Dammit...

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:17 pm

I would reinforce praise on the sit. Overly so to maybe break her of it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:14 pm

I have this problem sometimes with the here command when she does something that pisses me off if im too harsh she will turn tail and run from me, and I just have to regroup and adjust my angry posture and tone to a commanding one. Works for me. It's so hard not to swat them on the rear end when they've done something wrong and then stop and come to me on command, but obviously don't want them associating "here" with a smack on the ass.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Turn tail and run? You must really beat the shit out of her.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:38 pm

rebelp74 wrote:Turn tail and run? You must really beat the shit out of her.

Yeah I punch her in the face. Kick her, slam her head in doors. Just gotta make sure she gets the picture ya know?. Especially when were out hunting, then I really make sure she has a bad time. I've even held her under water to make her think she was gona drown so she would sit still.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:39 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Yeah I punch her in the face. Kick her, slam her head in doors. Just gotta make sure she gets the picture ya know?. Especially when were out hunting, then I really make sure she has a bad time. I've even held her under water to make her think she was gona drown so she would sit still.
just checking to make sure you were doing it right!
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:42 pm

In all seriousness though, I've never given my dogs more than a firm swat on the butt as correction, but not during OB. Ill pinch their ears when they are non compliant, I'm talking jumping on people, chewing shit up, gettin on the furniture. Then I usually try to sneak up on them to deliver the spanking. Makes them think I'm omnipresent.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:41 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

I kicked cadee in the side of the head today on a walk after about the 5th time she tried pushing into my left leg, nearly tripping me
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Redbeard wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

I kicked cadee in the side of the head today on a walk after about the 5th time she tried pushing into my left leg, nearly tripping me

Boy that's aggravating. I give a pop on the leash. Luckily mine are pretty damn good on a leash, but get confused when we turn corners.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:55 pm

She's normally heels just fine but I had her leashed and heeling right cause we were walking on a busy street at the time
Redbeard

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:46 pm

How old is your pup?
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby assateague » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Redbeard wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

This is a fairly regular occurrence with Dutch and I.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:49 pm

aunt betty wrote:How old is your pup?
11 months
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:18 pm

Move whistle sit away from training to every day activities. Make her sit before doing anything she likes.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Redbeard » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:27 pm

jarbo03 wrote:Move whistle sit away from training to every day activities. Make her sit before doing anything she likes.
great idea Jerry
Redbeard

Postby Matt Duncan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Red, fun drill will work wonders for you. You can PM if you want me to explain it.
HRCH Walkers Puddle Jumpin Koda "Koda"
SHR Duncan's Haulin a Limit "Limit"
SHR Bourbon Bay's The Other Woman "Jolene"
Matt Duncan

Postby jehler » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:09 pm

I recommend a good beating
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Return to Gun Dog Forum