Well...

Everything Duck Dogs!

Re: Well...

Postby Redbeard » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:50 pm

banknote wrote:Looking good, Red!

You're story reminds me of a visit to a friend in Manhattan Beach, CA. My old golden, Mugs, was a total surf dog and frisbee freak. I took him down to the beach for some exercise and it was January, so even though it was sunny, nobody was on the beach. Totally deserted. There were people walking/running/rollerblading/etc on the "boardwalk," and a few of them said "leash please" as we walked past with Mugs at perfect heel, which I just laughed off. So I get him out on the sand and he's putting on a show, skying out for the frisbee and we're having a ball, still nobody else on the beach. Then a lifeguard in a Suburban comes driving up. The guy was cool, friendly to the dog and even chatted a bunch about his own, but told me no dogs were allowed on the beach. City ordinance or something. I asked where I could legally run my dog on a beach and he said Huntington, which was at least half an hour away. He was basically doing me a favor, couldn't give me a ticket if he wanted to, but said LE would definitely do so, especially if someone called to complain. So Mugs and I walked back up to the boardwalk, and just as we got there two city cops came running down to the wall and leaned out looking both ways up and down the beach, obviously looking for us. We kept calm and carried on, Mugs at heel with no leash, and they never noticed us, but holy shit talk about uptight!
sucks man. That's tough.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby RonE » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:03 am

and a few of them said "leash please"

Smug, uptight SoCal Democrats.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby aunt betty » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:18 pm

Red, write yourself a "dog at large" ticket.
You want to hear what happens here if you get one?
NM.
You're gunna read it.
If my dog gets caught at large he's taken to the pound. (Even if it's my front yard)
The dog gets chipped and I get the bill, plus storage on the dog, and that expensive 'dog at large' ticket.
There's more:
If the dog gets caught at large again within a year kiss his nuts goodbye and $500 of my money.
Thats what the fucking chip is for.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Previous

Return to Gun Dog Forum