Well...

Everything Duck Dogs!

Well...

Postby Redbeard » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:36 pm

...I got kicked outta the park today by an animal control officer for violating the city's leash law. I get it. The law's the law. I broke the law and I should accept the consequences. And I have training grounds to use (dairies and cattle ranches) but they're a drive away and this park is two minutes from my house and convenient for quick sessions. And I'm still doing a lot of "yard" work with Cadee. The short grass at the park is perfect. No one else was around. No other dogs. Typically when there are other dogs there, I go elsewhere. Or come back later. I asked the officer if she ever uses discretion and she said No. I know maybe I'm a hypocrite.

On my drive home I swung by the police station to talk with her supervisor, cause its only 2 minutes away. Everything here's just 2 minutes away.

Asked her Sup if responsible dog owners and well trained and well behaved dogs make their jobs easier and she said Absolutely. Then where can I train? She thought long and hard. Said I can use a small field that's behind the ball fields. Not very big, quite small in fact. Buts that's public too, so what's the difference? Just cause she says. Like I'm a 4 year old asking mommy why???

Asked her why I see so many homeless with unleashed and unregistered dogs in town. She said they deal with them all the time. Which I know for a fact is bullshit. Transients are difficult to deal with and I see the same ones every day with their dogs. So they leave em alone and harass the responsible dog owners...cause I have an address. Told her if I'm gonna be held accountable I'm gonna make sure the transients are too. Fortuna's animal control officers are about to become very busy.

I sound like a spoiled ass brat who just had his favorite toy taken away.

You can see the animal control officer pulling in near the end of the video

Except for dropping the bumper a few times today, Cadee did well
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Re: Well...

Postby assateague » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm with you. I'm quite certain that you've let people go before, so you don't fall in the hypocrite category. And you're damn right I'd call every time I saw a dog with a homeless guy.
assateague

Postby Olly » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Holding a cop up to the same laws as everyone else? Let me buy that man a drink!

Haha I had to Red!

I'm with you though we have the same laws over here and it's stupid that I can't go to a city park and train with my dog. That's the kind of law that protects the minority and encumbers the majority.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Should've pissed on her tires to assert your dominance.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Red you're being a bitch!
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Red I'm disappointed. Man up dude, you are the law around there savvy.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Redbeard » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:Red you're being a bitch!
a baby back bitch!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby AKPirate » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Grab a snickers
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Redbeard wrote:
a baby back bitch!

I heard this saying for the first time a few days ago. Been using the hell out of it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Olly wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
a baby back bitch!

I heard this saying for the first time a few days ago. Been using the hell out of it.

It was huge in my high school days. Now I just use it on juice box because he's a bitch sometimes.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:12 am

Redbeard wrote:
On my drive home I swung by the police station to talk with her supervisor, cause its only 2 minutes away. Everything here's just 2 minutes away.

Well yeah, the drive gets alot shorter when you flip on the sirens and hit the gas.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby capt1972 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:13 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

Well yeah, the drive gets alot shorter when you flip on the sirens and hit the gas.

:lol:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:14 am

Cadee is coming along nice, looking good Red.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Redbeard » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:26 am

Thanks Jerry. Looks like I'll have to start putting in more miles to get to my training spots now
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:29 am

This just got dropped off today. Haven't used one in quite a while. Charlie's died two years ago. Think if I told em it was a new wireless leash they'd buy it?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394170120.884025.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Redbeard

Postby AKPirate » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:31 am

Redbeard wrote:This just got dropped off today. Haven't used one in quite a while. Charlie's died two years ago. Think if I told em it was a new wireless leash they'd buy it?

Yes. They will never ticket you anyway. If they do, follow them around until they break a traffic law
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:33 am

Redbeard wrote:This just got dropped off today. Haven't used one in quite a while. Charlie's died two years ago. Think if I told em it was a new wireless leash they'd buy it?

280 NCP? Good choice.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Redbeard » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:35 am

jarbo03 wrote:

280 NCP? Good choice.
budge man. Budget. Surestim H+
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:42 am

Redbeard wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:

280 NCP? Good choice.
budge man. Budget. Surestim H+

Very nice. You worried about a stubborn dog?
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Redbeard » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:44 am

Ha! Yup
Redbeard

Postby RonE » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:53 am

Redbeard wrote:...I got kicked outta the park today by an animal control officer for violating the city's leash law. I get it. The law's the law. I broke the law and I should accept the consequences. And I have training grounds to use (dairies and cattle ranches) but they're a drive away and this park is two minutes from my house and convenient for quick sessions. And I'm still doing a lot of "yard" work with Cadee. The short grass at the park is perfect. No one else was around. No other dogs. Typically when there are other dogs there, I go elsewhere. Or come back later. I asked the officer if she ever uses discretion and she said No. I know maybe I'm a hypocrite.

Asked her Sup if responsible dog owners and well trained and well behaved dogs make their jobs easier and she said Absolutely. Then where can I train? She thought long and hard. Said I can use a small field that's behind the ball fields. Not very big, quite small in fact. Buts that's public too, so what's the difference? Just cause she says. Like I'm a 4 year old asking mommy why???

Asked her why I see so many homeless with unleashed and unregistered dogs in town. She said they deal with them all the time. Which I know for a fact is bullshit. Transients are difficult to deal with and I see the same ones every day with their dogs. So they leave em alone and harass the responsible dog owners...cause I have an address. Told her if I'm gonna be held accountable I'm gonna make sure the transients are too. Fortuna's animal control officers are about to become very busy.

If you would have left the camera on for a few more minutes, you would have had a video that Olly could use in one of the cop hating threads.

Female officer and female supervisor...........I rest my case.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:55 am

If Red would've manned up he would've had a 3 way and been able to do whatever he wanted in the park
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby RonE » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:59 am

The animal control officer here lets me go with a collar and no leash. I got stopped once and told her that Bell was on an electronic lease and believe it or not the lady said that as long as she was under control that was good enough for her. I'm glad she didn't ask to see the transmitter which I always left at home.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Juice Box » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:10 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Olly wrote:
Redbeard wrote:
a baby back bitch!

It was huge in my high school days. Now I just use it on juice box because he's a bitch sometimes.

What the fuck!
"Olly cop hater? No

Olly American? Yes"
Juice Box

Postby Redbeard » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:53 am

RonE wrote:
Redbeard wrote:...I got kicked outta the park today by an animal control officer for violating the city's leash law. I get it. The law's the law. I broke the law and I should accept the consequences. And I have training grounds to use (dairies and cattle ranches) but they're a drive away and this park is two minutes from my house and convenient for quick sessions. And I'm still doing a lot of "yard" work with Cadee. The short grass at the park is perfect. No one else was around. No other dogs. Typically when there are other dogs there, I go elsewhere. Or come back later. I asked the officer if she ever uses discretion and she said No. I know maybe I'm a hypocrite.

If you would have left the camera on for a few more minutes, you would have had a video that Olly could use in one of the cop hating threads.

Female officer and female supervisor...........I rest my case.
crossed my mind as the dog catcher lady walked up
Redbeard

Postby Redbeard » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:55 am

rebelp74 wrote:If Red would've manned up he would've had a 3 way and been able to do whatever he wanted in the park
a three way with Cadee and my hand would've been more appealing
Redbeard

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Redbeard wrote:Ha! Yup

What is the LCD part of the transmitter used for?

That collar looks nice.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Pretty sure it's the readout of what setting it's on. I have one similar, and it goes from 1-120 or something like that, making a digital readout necessary.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:41 am

assateague wrote:Pretty sure it's the readout of what setting it's on. I have one similar, and it goes from 1-120 or something like that, making a digital readout necessary.
yup
Redbeard

Postby banknote » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:45 pm

Looking good, Red!

You're story reminds me of a visit to a friend in Manhattan Beach, CA. My old golden, Mugs, was a total surf dog and frisbee freak. I took him down to the beach for some exercise and it was January, so even though it was sunny, nobody was on the beach. Totally deserted. There were people walking/running/rollerblading/etc on the "boardwalk," and a few of them said "leash please" as we walked past with Mugs at perfect heel, which I just laughed off. So I get him out on the sand and he's putting on a show, skying out for the frisbee and we're having a ball, still nobody else on the beach. Then a lifeguard in a Suburban comes driving up. The guy was cool, friendly to the dog and even chatted a bunch about his own, but told me no dogs were allowed on the beach. City ordinance or something. I asked where I could legally run my dog on a beach and he said Huntington, which was at least half an hour away. He was basically doing me a favor, couldn't give me a ticket if he wanted to, but said LE would definitely do so, especially if someone called to complain. So Mugs and I walked back up to the boardwalk, and just as we got there two city cops came running down to the wall and leaned out looking both ways up and down the beach, obviously looking for us. We kept calm and carried on, Mugs at heel with no leash, and they never noticed us, but holy shit talk about uptight!
banknote

Next

Return to Gun Dog Forum