Dogs have feelings?

Everything Duck Dogs!

Dogs have feelings?

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Four the last few months I've devoted most of my time in the field to Cadee, unbeknownst to me neglecting Charlie. Guess I was too caught up in what I was doing. My wife commented he wouldn't lay on the floor next to me on the couch anymore or sit there with his head in my lap. The few times he tried, Cadee the attention whore, would nudge her way in. He stopped greeting me at the door everyday when I got home from work. He wouldn't wake up early with me and follow me round the kitchen. He almost appeared to be moping around the house. I thought well maybe he's just getting too old and doesn't feel the need to be sensitive.

So about a month ago I noticed how fat him and I were getting. Well him and I started running 3-4 times a week together. Just him and I, no Cadee. After that first week of running, it was like he sprung back to life. All his old habits of greeting me, following me and nudging me with his nose reappeared. He doesn't even appear to be moping.

Granted his poor shape, the same shape I was in, probably had something to do with it

But when that cute new pup arrives at the house, don't forget about that ole boy who's put in all those hours of training, retrieving ducks and geese in cold water and deep mud, and who's loved you unconditionally for the last 6, 8, 10 years
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402003899.432917.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Re: Dogs have feelings?

Postby jarbo03 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Good boy Charlie. Definitely can't forget about the old dogs. Buck didn't care much for Taz when he first arrived. Even when he couldn't hunt, a simple retrieve in the back yard fired him up.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Look who's hanging out with dad
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402012491.417104.jpg
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:05 pm

jarbo03 wrote:Good boy Charlie. Definitely can't forget about the old dogs. Buck didn't care much for Taz when he first arrived. Even when he couldn't hunt, a simple retrieve in the back yard fired him up.

Look at that pre-pubescent beard.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:10 pm

He's getting purty gray on the bottom of his jaw
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Dog's 100% have feelings. I've never been one to treat a dog like a human but I can tell my dog is sad on days when we don't hit the field. A lot of times that's my motivation to get out there.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Human raised by wolves = wolf characteristics.
Wolf raised by humans = human characteristics.
Right?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby RonE » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:32 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Human raised by wolves = wolf characteristics.
Right?

Don't believe everything you read....................
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:38 am

3legged_lab wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:Good boy Charlie. Definitely can't forget about the old dogs. Buck didn't care much for Taz when he first arrived. Even when he couldn't hunt, a simple retrieve in the back yard fired him up.

Look at that pre-pubescent beard.

Looks the same as it does towards end of the season.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:46 am

I'm having the same deal going on at home with having the new pup at the house. Maverick I think is depressed about it.:lol: if the puppy is out in the living room all Mave wants to do is be right next to me. When the pup is in his crate Mave is back to just chilling around the house.Now all he wants is attention even though I make it a point to take him out and throw the bumper and play with him an hour or so a day. I'm going to start taking him to work with me again. Maybe that'll calm him down some. Makes me feel bad. He just looks at me like "well we had a good run together me and you now I'll just go and die now you son of a bitch!":lol:
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby waterfowlman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:52 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Human eaten by wolves = wolf characteristics.
Right?

FIFY
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Return to Gun Dog Forum