Bull in a china cabinet

Everything Duck Dogs!

Bull in a china cabinet

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Charlie can run full speed through a room fulla toddlers and glass figurines and gracefully worm his way through, not touching one thing

Cadee on the other hand would plow through the room like a bull dozer, running over every toddler and smashing every piece of glass.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Re: Bull in a china cabinet

Postby Rick » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:48 am

That's what being a Chestapeake is all about. When I had my first Chessie, Bud, my hunting partner, Bill, had a sweet little Lab, Char, and the two couldn't have been an odder pairing. Bill and I frequently hunted flooded rice stubble in waders, by sitting in the water with a levee for a back rest and its grass pulled around and over us for concealment. Initially, Bill would pull grass over Char, too, but she was so sharp that she soon learned the drill and started rooting her own way under it. Mr. Bud, on the other hand, made a project of seeing how much of the levee he could roll flat.
Rick

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:58 am

I just thought it was a female thing. I have a bigger male lab and he is fast and agile. My female is shorter,stockier, bumps into everything but is a better hunter.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:41 am

Rick wrote:That's what being a Chestapeake is all about. When I had my first Chessie, Bud, my hunting partner, Bill, had a sweet little Lab, Char, and the two couldn't have been an odder pairing. Bill and I frequently hunted flooded rice stubble in waders, by sitting in the water with a levee for a back rest and its grass pulled around and over us for concealment. Initially, Bill would pull grass over Char, too, but she was so sharp that she soon learned the drill and started rooting her own way under it. Mr. Bud, on the other hand, made a project of seeing how much of the levee he could roll flat.
ok i was gonna wait for you to chime in and ask if that was a typical chessie thing
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:16 am

My lab could fuck up a sand plant. Seems 50/50 to me with labs.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Rick » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:42 am

Redbeard wrote:ok i was gonna wait for you to chime in and ask if that was a typical chessie thing

Don't know that it's "typical," as both Chien and Blue were careful souls. The current coyote, however, was the devil to our little ones:

Until they learned they could boss him around, that is. Then the tables turned.
Rick

Postby BrewGUN » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:24 am

Chester, while being a bull in a china shop as we'll, is oddly delicate with kids and babies. His mild temperament is shadowed by his ginormous head and body.
BrewGUN

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:29 pm

My lab is ridiculously gentle with kids and babies. The pit, makes the first string linebackers look like ballerina dancers
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Goldfish wrote:My lab is ridiculously gentle with kids and babies. The pit, just eats them
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:33 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Goldfish wrote:My lab is ridiculously gentle with kids and babies. The pit, just eats them

Red or Tripod should've gotten a pit a long time ago.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:36 pm

My lab was extremely easy and gentle with kids, on the other hand, his tail was not.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Shouldn't the title be; Bull in a china shop?
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:41 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

Red or Tripod should've gotten a pit a long time ago.

:lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:50 pm

rebelp74 wrote:Shouldn't the title be; Bull in a china shop?

Red on his govt salary actually has a China cabinet. The rest of us schmucks only know of fine China in a shop
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Redbeard » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:58 pm

rebelp74 wrote:Shouldn't the title be; Bull in a china shop?
haha yup. Don't know why China cabinet popped into my head
Redbeard

Return to Gun Dog Forum