Hunting Retriever Tests

Everything Duck Dogs!

Re: Hunting Retriever Tests

Postby Ducaholic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:49 pm

First Year of Hunt Test for Moon and I. Ran Started at Pontchartrain to get the 10 points then moved on to Seasoned. Earned two passes at Amite River, and the last one that she needed to earn the Seasoned Title this Saturday in N. La. Debated on moving up to Finished on Sunday but decided against it. We will work on that next year. It's been a lot of fun.

Before I purchased Moon she earned an AKC JH title in NC.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Ducaholic

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:09 pm

If you've got the bug, there's a Fall test season, too...
Rick

Postby Ducaholic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Rick wrote:If you've got the bug, there's a Fall test season, too...

Little too warm in the fall for my liking and would rather try and shoot a few teal and a squirrel or two. I missed a couple of hunt test in February this year so I think hat's where I will start in 2016.
Ducaholic

Postby Willie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:40 pm

My pup is almost 8 months old and coming along pretty good. I plan to run some tests this fall.
Willie

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:19 am

Ducaholic wrote:

Little too warm in the fall for my liking and would rather try and shoot a few teal and a squirrel or two. I missed a couple of hunt test in February this year so I think hat's where I will start in 2016.

The North Louisiana HRC's was the only test I can recall conflicting with an open teal season. Surprised me that they did, and don't know if they still do.
Rick

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:22 am

Willie wrote:My pup is almost 8 months old and coming along pretty good. I plan to run some tests this fall.

Sounds like Pup will be a great age for intro to hunting this Fall, and testing should offer a great warmup to much of that.
Rick

Postby Willie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:39 am

Rick wrote:
Willie wrote:My pup is almost 8 months old and coming along pretty good. I plan to run some tests this fall.

Sounds like Pup will be a great age for intro to hunting this Fall, and testing should offer a great warmup to much of that.

Yessir, I'm looking forward to it.
Willie

Postby Ducaholic » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Rick wrote:
Ducaholic wrote:

The North Louisiana HRC's was the only test I can recall conflicting with an open teal season. Surprised me that they did, and don't know if they still do.

That's where we were when we titled this earlier this month...fall is more about football, brushing blinds, spending time at the camp and doing some early season hunting...spring just suits me better...

Edit: Went back and checked and N. La hosted their event 9-13-14...guess they just don't get it up there...
Ducaholic

Previous

Return to Gun Dog Forum