Nipple swelling

Everything Duck Dogs!

Nipple swelling

Postby team216 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:36 pm

Bear is a 1 year 3 month old Chocolate lab. Tuesday night I noticed she has a lump between her first and second nipple on her left hand side. It is bigger today then it was yesterday. You could only feel it if you were searching. Now you can see it. About a month ago her first set were swollen kind of looked inflamed. So we took her to the vet to get it checked. They said they didn't know what it was. Gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. Well the swelling went down on that but now I've noticed this. I called a different vet and made an appointment. Because I want to get someone else's opinion on the swelling issue and get this lump checked out. But has anyone else experienced this with their dog? It doesn't seem to bother her. We are still doing our daily training and she doesn't mind if you touch it. It's just strange. This is my third lab and I've never seen this before. I tried searching Google but everything is cancer these days.
team216

Re: Nipple swelling

Postby Goldfish » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:01 am

No pictures showed up if you tried to post one.

Did you pull a tick that the head got left there?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby team216 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:11 am

I'll take a picture this afternoon when I get home from work, she hasn't had any ticks thay I've noticed on her underside. It kind of feels like a ketchup packet that you would get from McDonald's underneath her skin.
team216

Postby Steele22 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:53 pm

Find anything out today?
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby team216 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Sorry for the late response guys, I tried taking a picture and editing it but her fur is too dark to see it. The swelling has gone down. I can't feel the bump anymore. But she is still going to the vet tomorrow to get a check up. Her nipple is inflamed again. And I have no idea what's causing it. I'll post up whatever I figure out tomorrow.
team216

Postby Archeryrob » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:32 am

Trying getting some of this and putting it on the nipple and letting it dry on the nipple. You can find it at the drug store and its the same "purple stuff" they use with witch hazel for the ear medicine. They put something like this on cows udders when milking.

Archeryrob

Postby team216 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:27 am

I will pick some of that up when I go into town today, thank you!
We went to a new vet today to get her checked out. Like I said the lump that she had went away so that's still a mystery. The vet believes that the swelling is being caused by some type of grass that the dog may we allergic to. She gave me predizone and some other pill. Just going to have to keep an eye on it for now. But other than that she is in great health. I'll keep it updated if I start to see any changes
Thanks folks
team216

Return to Gun Dog Forum