Re: NC forum

Postby triplecurl » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Willie wrote:
triplecurl wrote:
Willie wrote:Where is the NCH?

Yes, I'm here too.

You mean North Carolina Hunt?

No coast hunt

I thought since you asked in the NC forum you were gonna organize a local WFF hunt :wink:
triplecurl

Postby obxbufflehead » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Hey I'd be up for it.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby obxbufflehead » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Oh rebelp, I couldn't get any 50 in. Our supplier doesn't even carry it and its hard as shit to find anyway. Sorry man
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby Bootlipkiller » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:06 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:Hey I'd be up for it.

You will need a permission slip and a release form for you dental records before you could attend.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:08 pm

I say let him. Oughta be an eye opening experience for the boy

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:11 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:Oh rebelp, I couldn't get any 50 in. Our supplier doesn't even carry it and its hard as shit to find anyway. Sorry man

It's all good, thanks for looking for me! :beer:
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby CountryRN » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:29 pm

triplecurl wrote:Who else is here in this duck paradise besides me?

I see there isn't many posting up here. They must be ashamed to owning up to living in the cyberscouting capital of the world.
CountryRN

Postby assateague » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby CountryRN » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:02 pm

Wish I could find a few people from my area of NC. Always looking for someone to split the cost of scouting or BS with in the blind.
CountryRN

Postby triplecurl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 pm

CountryRN wrote:Wish I could find a few people from my area of NC. Always looking for someone to split the cost of scouting or BS with in the blind.

What part of NC you from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
triplecurl

Postby triplecurl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:54 pm

There's plenty of people out there that wanna shoot. Very few that wanna hunt. If your on the ducks they're in, if not they have better things to do. Hate that shit.

triplecurl

Postby CountryRN » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:58 pm

triplecurl wrote:
CountryRN wrote:Wish I could find a few people from my area of NC. Always looking for someone to split the cost of scouting or BS with in the blind.

I live in Halifax County. You are right about plenty of people wanting to go when the ducks are in. I am not the best hunter but have been at it for a few years, and try to pick up a few tips each year. Got dog, deeks, and boat (x2) and will travel.
I've come to a stage in life when the best parts of the hunt for me is seeing the sun slowly rise over a good spread in the swamp or lake, watching my lab return with the occasional downed duck, and talking junk with the others in the blind.
I am always looking for others that are willing to help scout a few new spots.
Sorry for the long answer to the short question
CountryRN

Postby Willie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:45 pm

CountryRN wrote:
triplecurl wrote:

I live in Halifax County. You are right about plenty of people wanting to go when the ducks are in. I am not the best hunter but have been at it for a few years, and try to pick up a few tips each year. Got dog, deeks, and boat (x2) and will travel.
I've come to a stage in life when the best parts of the hunt for me is seeing the sun slowly rise over a good spread in the swamp or lake, watching my lab return with the occasional downed duck, and talking junk with the others in the blind.

You've got some good spots up there with RR lake.
Willie

Postby Willie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:47 pm

CountryRN wrote:
triplecurl wrote:Who else is here in this duck paradise besides me?

I see there isn't many posting up here. They must be ashamed to owning up to living in the cyberscouting capital of the world.

I always forget there's a nc forum on here.
Willie

Postby Willie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:49 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:Gotcha

I'll let you know next time I get the chance to look.

Obx...y'all have any penn battles or slammers? Looking for something for specked trout and puppy drum, and something for the big drum. I believe I'll be down thus weekend, and definitely Labor Day weekend til that Wednesday or Thursday.
Willie

Postby triplecurl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Willie wrote:
CountryRN wrote:
triplecurl wrote:

You've got some good spots up there with RR lake.

Oh yea killer spots!!

triplecurl

Postby CountryRN » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:42 pm

I love RR Lake - I actually live 5 min from the boat ramp, Gotta watch it though, you can lose a prop every day if you don't know what you are doing. I got a new chart plotter for my 18 foot boat and am waiting for some dead low water to map out some safe tracks to save for when going to the blind in the dark.
I have hunted a few places on Lake Gaston also and am scouting it more when I can.
CountryRN

Postby Willie » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 am

CountryRN wrote:I love RR Lake - I actually live 5 min from the boat ramp, Gotta watch it though, you can lose a prop every day if you don't know what you are doing. I got a new chart plotter for my 18 foot boat and am waiting for some dead low water to map out some safe tracks to save for when going to the blind in the dark.
I have hunted a few places on Lake Gaston also and am scouting it more when I can.

I'd like to get up with you this season and hunt it. I've never been, don't know the lake at all, but have some buddies that have done well.
Would also like to get in in the stripers at Weldon next spring.
Willie

Postby triplecurl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:48 am

CountryRN wrote:I love RR Lake - I actually live 5 min from the boat ramp, Gotta watch it though, you can lose a prop every day if you don't know what you are doing. I got a new chart plotter for my 18 foot boat and am waiting for some dead low water to map out some safe tracks to save for when going to the blind in the dark.

I've hunted there a bunch and a little at Gaston as well. Didn't hunt there at all last year tho. There's some MASSIVE stumps just under the water there for sure.

triplecurl

Postby DC727 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 am

I killed alot of harlequiens at gaston

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Postby triplecurl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:56 am

DC727 wrote:I killed alot of harlequiens at gaston

O yea that place is loaded with them. Killed a banded one there 3 years ago.

:wink:

triplecurl

Postby DC727 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:17 am

I'm pretty sure I saw you that morning. We had that 3 gun limit of trash ducks. I hate when we have to fill the boat with mallards abd pintails

NuffDaddy wrote:Nigga ran that back like he had my VCR
DC727

Postby CountryRN » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Willie wrote:

I'd like to get up with you this season and hunt it. I've never been, don't know the lake at all, but have some buddies that have done well.

Just shoot me a pm and we can check it out sometime. I would love to get into the stripers myself. This was the first year that I had a boat worthy of getting out on the river but had it torn completely apart when the stripers were running. I didn't get it back together until just after they went back down river. They are still catching some good ones at RR lake using shad.
CountryRN

Postby Willie » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:59 pm

CountryRN wrote:
Willie wrote:

Just shoot me a pm and we can check it out sometime. I would love to get into the stripers myself. This was the first year that I had a boat worthy of getting out on the river but had it torn completely apart when the stripers were running. I didn't get it back together until just after they went back down river. They are still catching some good ones at RR lake using shad.

Okay, that'd be pretty cool.
I've heard that you can catch the stripers all summer long in some places on the river, but I don't have any idea where.
Willie

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting Forum