Pa. N W zone

Moderator: capt1972

Pa. N W zone

Postby don novicki » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:18 am

The north west zone opens Sat. and more than likely it will be another bust. Season opens way too early up here and esp. where I live most of the crops won't even have begun to be harvested. The PGC doesn't care about anything but deer and they show it to the duck hunter season after season. Our dates here ate Oct 7 til Dec 9th (or there about) and then one boner week Dec 27 Jan 3 ( which we will be completely frozen out by then. The flight birds will not make it in time for any real shooting for us up here, but hey there are only 19000 waterfowlers left in Pa. so who really gives a chit about them right? To say I'm disgusted would be an understatement.
don novicki

Re: Pa. N W zone

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:29 am

I never realized the odd dates in the rest of the state. I grew up in the south zone. I like the dates there. Problem is there are no more ducks and very few geese left in my old stomping grounds.

don novicki wrote:The PGC doesn't care about anything but deer

No, they screwed the deer hunters in a lot of the state when they changed strategies awhile back. A large fraction of the hunters I know only hunt deer. I don't know a single deer hunter that is happy. Many have lost interest because things have gone down hill so bad.
SpinnerMan

Postby don novicki » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:18 am

At the waterfowl symposium many many guys/groups battled for different season dates. The PGC politely listened and then did what they wanted to do based on a survey from 2011. There was one guy in the whole place that wanted the dates to stay the same. In Pa. the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many. We lost 27% of duck hunters in 2016, now down to about 19,000 as I said and I expect that number to drop again after this season, esp. with the dates we have. The rest of the state, N and S zones all have much better opening/closing dates but here in the NW zone we are screwed once again. One thing you can say about the PGC is that they are consistent................................................ :evil:
don novicki

Postby don novicki » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:44 pm

85 degrees and sunny for tomorrows opener. Should be a slaughter fest for sure with weather like that. I am praying that there is no wind either. You don't need any weather or wind as the ducks automatically fly south on Oct 1....... :lol:
don novicki

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting Forum