Pa. N W zone

Moderator: capt1972

Re: Pa. N W zone

Postby Duck Engr » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:10 pm

At least you had the right weather! Sounds like a nice crisp day afield!
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby don novicki » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:33 pm

It was........ :thumbsup:
don novicki

Postby don novicki » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:00 pm

Too darn nice for duck hunting. Maybe a little cold and snow for this weekend but supposedly a warm up after that. Dec 5 is the last day here in the NW zone and so far its been hot hot hot this season and I dont mean bird wise. Come on cold weather.
don novicki

Postby don novicki » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:49 am

Was scouting last Sat and Sun and there were geese in almost every field eating corn. Went out Monday and didn't see a thing. Been a very strange season so far and the inland season closes for goose a week from Sat and then doesn't open up until Dec 20. Duck is all done in the inland zone 12-5 and I will say that the duck hunting here is nonexistent. I will take a wild stab and say next year we will see a 3-30 day season because frankly the ducks just aren't making it at least out this way. From what I read, out West its even worse.
don novicki

Postby don novicki » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:44 pm

It just keeps snowing and snowing. It is screwing up the goose hunting as it's impossible to get out into the fields and all the crops are buried. Im going to say there is at least 2 feet in the fields so hunting in them is out. Maybe a short warm up coming next week but it won't get rid of it all. I hope the snow quits for a while but anything is possible as the lake is still wide open and that means lake effect snow.......... :x
don novicki

Postby don novicki » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:22 pm

Won't be long now. Oct 8 thru Dec 3 here in the NW Zone. They have finally done away with the Southern James Bay goose zone since the SJB geese haven't come thru this way in decades. Finishing up my last layout boat ever and giving it to a friend, who is much younger, so all I have to do is tag along. Hoping to slay some Blue Bills on Presque Isle.
don novicki

Postby Duck Engr » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:59 pm

Would love to see some photos of that boat Don!
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby don novicki » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:49 am

I am a technology dolt, however I do know someone as a resource that can maybe put some pictures up. I finished glassing the boat this morning and am headed out to Lowes with my layout coat to get a paint match color so I can paint it up. Ordinarily I don't brag but I would put my spray shield design at the head of the pack for both ease of construction, and functionality. Personally I think it is the best shield out there and it took me no small amt of time to figure out how to make one without a machine shop handy. Once it's completely finished, hopefully by next week, I will have someone get some pics up and you guys can critique it. All I can say is that it kills Blue Bills just fine..., :beer:
don novicki

Postby Duck Engr » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:28 am

Looking forward to seeing it!
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby don novicki » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:34 pm

Putting paint to it today, expect to have it done by mid next week will figure out how to post pics or have someone do it for me. Can't wait to get it out of my garage and onto the water....... Come on Oct 31st......
don novicki

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting Forum