blind laws???

Moderator: capt1972

blind laws???

Postby n0avgj0e5 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:35 am

Will someone please help me understand the blind stamping laws (virginia).

Here is the situation. me and my hunting partner have found a couple f blinds that have not been stamped since 05. can we stamp them with our stamp once that time is avaliable to stamp?

We have also found a section of marsh that contains no stamps, once the non riparion time frame is up can we build a blind and stamp it in this areas?

are all marshes public property? how would we know where the public/private property ends.

any help is greatly appreciated. ive attached a link to the virgina laws.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/waterfowl/waterfowl-blind-laws.asp
n0avgj0e5

Re: blind laws???

Postby waterfowlman » Mon May 19, 2014 8:53 am

What county are you talking about?
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby n0avgj0e5 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:04 am

King William & King and Quenn
n0avgj0e5

Postby aunt betty » Mon May 19, 2014 1:12 pm

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/re ... d-laws.asp

I will have my legal staff check on this as soon as one of my attorneys gets qualified to practice in Virginia. @
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby RonE » Mon May 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Just read through the regulations and I must say that Virginia seems to have some pretty fucked up laws concerning duck blinds. Looks like the law favors long time blind owners and land owners...
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby aunt betty » Mon May 19, 2014 1:53 pm

RonE wrote:Just read through the regulations and I must say that Virginia seems to have some pretty fucked up laws concerning duck blinds. Looks like the law favors long time blind owners and land owners...

Think about it... suppose you owned a primo beachfront Virginia home. Why should the law not be set up where you (the landowner) have some kind of control on who accesses your beach and how?
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Mon May 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Every time I look at the title of this thread I'm thinking "blind laws?" R there special laws for blind people? Laws for the blind....

Oh.

Hehe
aunt betty

Postby waterfowlman » Mon May 19, 2014 4:19 pm

n0avgj0e5 wrote:King William & King and Quenn

It's probably best for you to track down some of the fellas that are more familiar with those particular counties. Can't help.
"Duty - Honor - Country".
waterfowlman

Postby Willie » Mon May 19, 2014 6:56 pm

n0avgj0e5 wrote:Will someone please help me understand the blind stamping laws (virginia).

Here is the situation. me and my hunting partner have found a couple f blinds that have not been stamped since 05. can we stamp them with our stamp once that time is avaliable to stamp?

We have also found a section of marsh that contains no stamps, once the non riparion time frame is up can we build a blind and stamp it in this areas?

are all marshes public property? how would we know where the public/private property ends.

any help is greatly appreciated. ive attached a link to the virgina laws.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/waterfowl/waterfowl-blind-laws.asp

Check vdgif and read the laws good. There's a riparian period to tag and a non-rip period to tag blinds that haven't been previously tagged. The time period changed last year I think. I don't hunt up there as much anymore and hunt with a couple buddies that have blinds on private land, so I'm not as up on the laws as I used to be.
NO...not all marsh is public.
Believe the minimum distance between tagged blinds is 500 yards.
Blind laws work great for those with blinds, but suck for those without.
If you have questions, call the local warden or just call Richmond.
No blind laws west of 95...
Willie

Postby assateague » Mon May 19, 2014 8:05 pm

aunt betty wrote:
RonE wrote:Just read through the regulations and I must say that Virginia seems to have some pretty fucked up laws concerning duck blinds. Looks like the law favors long time blind owners and land owners...

Think about it... suppose you owned a primo beachfront Virginia home. Why should the law not be set up where you (the landowner) have some kind of control on who accesses your beach and how?

Here in MD, you have to license your property, even if you don't hunt. Otherwise, all unlicensed waterfront gets entered in the lottery draw every July, and you can have a bunch of yay-hoos setting up a permanent blind just off your beach pretty much in perpetuity. Shit makes me chuckle.
assateague

Postby aunt betty » Tue May 20, 2014 8:27 am

assateague wrote:
aunt betty wrote:

Here in MD, you have to license your property, even if you don't hunt. Otherwise, all unlicensed waterfront gets entered in the lottery draw every July, and you can have a bunch of yay-hoos setting up a permanent blind just off your beach pretty much in perpetuity. Shit makes me chuckle.

I had a feeling it was way more complicated than simply putting up no hunting signs...
Otherwise antis would post everywhere the night b4 opening day.
aunt betty

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting Forum