Early Teal

Early Teal

Postby Deltaman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:50 am

Season opened here (Alabama Gulf Coast), this past Saturday, but since we have seen almost none in the delta so far, like Olly, I decided not to fight the crowd. Apparently, some birds showed up on Friday :shock: , with the cool front and full moon, and there were some decent hunts over the weekend, according to the reports I've been hearing. They've always been like ghosts, and just appear in the delta when they get ready, but the timing was uncanny, considering they showed up the day before the season got under way. Got another front due through this week, and am hoping a few more birds will show with it.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Early Teal

Postby Olly » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:07 am

Detlaman, we should get to gether before the early season is out. I wasn't planning on going at all but if it turns out to just be hanging out instead of hunting I'm down for that too.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Deltaman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 am

Sounds like a plan Olly! Touch base with me during the week, and let's see if we can coordinate a hunt for the upcoming weekend. Last year, it was the second half of the two week season when the birds were thickest, and good chance it will be the same this year.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Rick » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Unless what I found here in SWLA in a place where there'd been none a couple days ago is everything in this part of the country, heads up.
Rick

Postby Laguna Madre » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:11 am

Wish I would have known about the Mobile waterfowling when I went to the University of South Alabama back in 1989. Spent a couple of years chasing Southern Bells and would have probably been better off chasing the teal.
Laguna Madre

Postby Olly » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:59 am

I'm stoked! See you on Saturday Deltaman!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Deltaman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:39 pm

Looking forward to it Olly, don't forget the bug spray!
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Olly » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Deltaman wrote:Looking forward to it Olly, don't forget the bug spray!

I'm leaving the waders at home. Shorts and a T-shirt for this guy.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Deltaman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Olly wrote:
Deltaman wrote:Looking forward to it Olly, don't forget the bug spray!

I'm leaving the waders at home. Shorts and a T-shirt for this guy.

Thas what I'm talkin' bout :thumbsup: I'll bring along some hip boots just in case we have a need. May jump shoot a small hole on the way in from hunting.
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting Forum