Alabama

Alabama

Postby null » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:15 am

How's everyone season been? I'm in south AL had one of the better seasons that I can remember. Wish I could say the same about my leases in Arkansas.
null

Re: Alabama

Postby Deltaman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Welcome Null! I am in South Alabama as well. Been a good year for me too, but most would disagree with your take on the season. Glad you have been killing birds. You hunting the causeway, or down South in the Bayou? Been plenty of easy killin' on the divers down South, but the Gadwalls on the causeway are giving most people fits, as they are known to do, and precious little other varieties to choose from other than occasional Redhead and Bluebill, and of course, there are some Bufflehead around.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby null » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:47 pm

I'm A little ways from mobile. I'm over around Samson AL. I really can't complain about the season here in AL. now my lease in Arkansas on the other hand has been tuff. only killed a handful of ducks all year up there.
null

Postby null » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:52 pm

We mostly kill wood ducks and greys few ring necks. Don't see many other divers around here. Hunt some around Atmore on catfish ponds kill more of a mixed bag over there.
null

Postby null » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:07 pm

That's what I keep telling my wife. I wanted us to go on a duck hunt In Canada' for our honeymoon she didn't like that idea lol.
null

Postby Olly » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:53 am

There are more of us down here in South AL than I thought, I think there are 5 of us, we should all get together for a hunt or something next year.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby null » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 am

Sounds good to me. Hate that it's just about over figure the depression will start setting in Sunday. Might chase some snows for a couple weeks then I guess on to bass fishing. What do yall do to try and ease the pain In the off season ?
null

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:39 am

Welcome to the site. Been through Alabama a few times, but have never spent any time there.
SpinnerMan

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting Forum