where did they go

where did they go

Postby hudnut56 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Interested in what u guys think.
Like a lot of other people in the NE part of Ark. before and during the first few days of duck season we were covered up.
Now they are gone. Can't figure it out. Have they gone further south, moved back up in northern Missouri? What y'all think?
hudnut56

Re: where did they go

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:38 pm

hudnut56 wrote:Interested in what u guys think.
Like a lot of other people in the NE part of Ark. before and during the first few days of duck season we were covered up.
Now they are gone. Can't figure it out. Have they gone further south, moved back up in northern Missouri? What y'all think?

I can't answer your question for down there because I'm from MI. But I feel your pain. We had hundreds of mallards working fields during early gooses season. Then thy were gone by the opener. Only killed a couple mallards in the first few weeks of the season. Want until ice up that I started getting into them more regularly.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Reverse migration. There was a freeze north of you, then everything opened back up...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby greenheadsonly4848 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:37 am

The moon phase has been a major factor plus the birds have STAYED too long in NE AR....we have places over
four counties and it has been tough on us for almost 5 days. They have been feeding with the moon then
flying out before shooting hours. Plus, these birds have stayed in the area simply too long without a significant
weather pattern to move them. Where we hunt, Lake Ashbaugh is major holding/resting area and the lake
has 10's of thousands sitting on it at any given time. The birds get wise and they get difficult to hunt
greenheadsonly4848

Postby aunt betty » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:43 pm

I can answer this one but it's a little late. lol

The first two days of NE Arkansas season in 2014 we were covered up in ducks. The night of the second day, it was a Sunday night, there was a big T-storm. Ducks fly away from bad weather, especially T-storms. They flew away from that storm yup.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting Forum