St. Clair

St. Clair

Postby don novicki » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:46 am

Can someone give me GPS coordinates to the best layout spot on LSC? I would appreciate it..,
don novicki

Re: St. Clair

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Acorn says, "It's on squirrel island".
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby don novicki » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 am

Big Squirrel or Little Squirrel Island ? We snipe hunted there before.............
don novicki

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:41 am

don novicki wrote:Big Squirrel or Little Squirrel Island ? We snipe hunted there before.............
The one that has the most female oak trees is where you wanna be.

Have been trying to get the guys at the club to mark every female oak in Dave Donaldson WMA on gps. Try and get an elevation as well. Should only take 50 years. DD is VAST.

That info would be most excellent as the water level yo-yos like mad. You gotta know which tree is huntable according to how high the water is. They think I'm nuts.
Find the acorns and you find the ducks.

I sit around camp fires listening to the old timers lament how they lost their blinds at Big Lake WMA and can't tell how many times I've heard that "you gotta find the acorns".
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby don novicki » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:24 am

Leaving Nov 5 for a week of layout gunning on St. Clair. Reports all state that the divers are there with more coming daily. I hope the weather cooperates with us and we really get into them. My ideal mixed bag would be: 2 Cans ( if you can take two, I'll have to look it up), 2 Red Heads and 2 Bills. I'm stoked............................ :beer:
don novicki

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting Forum