MIchigan Hunt

Re: MIchigan Hunt

Postby Olly » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Woody wrote:They were bear dogs, but the article was in a magazine, so no link. Michigan Sportsman, I think. Can't remember the month.

Spent 5 years there and there was always a danger of wolves to hear dogs but they stick to the thicker brush and I doubt I'll see any where I'll be. I will still be careful of course.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Duckdog » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Sounds like you might pack some testicles too,...they seem to be in short supply up there! ;)
Duckdog

Postby Woody » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Wolves are scary.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Duckdog wrote:Sounds like you might pack some testicles too,...they seem to be in short supply up there! ;)

Said it once and I'll say it again. Fuck wolves!
They will rip you apart without thinking twice. Id rather have cougars than wolves.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:35 pm

Dickdog you couldn't carry my balls
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Woody » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Wolves are scary.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Duckdog » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:47 pm

jehler wrote:Dickdog you couldn't carry my balls

Nor would I want to! :lol:
Duckdog

Postby Woody » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Duckdog wrote:
jehler wrote:Dickdog you couldn't carry my balls

Nor would I want to! :lol:

Prairie chicken: deadliest animal in Kansas.
Woody

Postby Duckdog » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:17 am

Ha! :lol:
No, we don't wolves very often, but I do know of one that got rolled by a pack of greyhounds last year, and then subsequently shot. I've got the pic somewhere...
I just think it sounds like there might be some over reacting going on...that's all.
"Don't go grouse hunting"???...Really? :roll:

The reason the trailing/treeing dogs get attacked so often is the wolves have been conditioned to their sounds. In other words, the dogs treeing or baying are essentially calling the wolves in. They hear the sounds of those types of dogs and it's a dinner bell ringing to them.
I've read of these instances in several states that have protected the wolf. It's definitely an issue...not denying that.

The ironic part of all of this, is the wolf is extremely hard to call in and kill. They're just so damn smart I guess..??
We run an online predator hunting contest every year, and the wolf represents HUGE points, and guys have dedicated weeks to killing one, yet not one has been entered into the contest in 6 years...

Besides...it was just a little poke...simmer down fellas... :)
Duckdog

Postby Woody » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:46 am

I didn't say don't go grouse hunting I said maybe leave the dog at home, but that's mostly because I see a dog as a friend and wouldn't want it to get killed. I also wouldn't feel comfortable duck hunting in alligator country. Nothing todo with fear, but wolves are scary, like you said they are smart.

Anyways, I don't think anybody is actually upset. :thumbsup:
Woody

Previous

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting Forum