MIchigan Hunt

Re: MIchigan Hunt

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:14 am

I do the bingo hunts out at fish point and Nayanquing point a half dozen times a year. As long as you don't get stuck with a skybuster in your field it can be a lot of fun. Shiawassee sucks though...lots of douche bags that think they own the place.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:17 am

NuffDaddy wrote:I do the bingo hunts out at fish point and Nayanquing point a half dozen times a year. As long as you don't get stuck with a skybuster in your field it can be a lot of fun. Shiawassee sucks though...lots of douche bags that think they own the place.

I think I'll stick to private land for puddlers. I sat at The point for 3 hours had one duck come with in shooting distance and a guy 200 yards away shot at.

I did however see more ducks in one sitting than ever before, they all landed in the refuge... Which the state of Michigan brilliantly decided should be flooded corn.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:22 am

Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:I do the bingo hunts out at fish point and Nayanquing point a half dozen times a year. As long as you don't get stuck with a skybuster in your field it can be a lot of fun. Shiawassee sucks though...lots of douche bags that think they own the place.

I think I'll stick to private land for puddlers. I sat at The point for 3 hours had one duck come with in shooting distance and a guy 200 yards away shot at.

I did however see more ducks in one sitting than ever before, they all landed in the refuge... Which the state of Michigan brilliantly decided should be flooded corn.

Nayanquing point?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:37 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
Woody wrote:

Nayanquing point?

Moulliee.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Woody wrote:

Nayanquing point?

Moulliee.

Oh. Never been there.
The refuge at Nayanquing has corn in it too...Doesn't make much sense. The refuge should have everything but food it it, so they have to come to the fields to eat.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:36 pm

I think you're failing to grasp the meaning of the term "refuge"...
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:08 pm

:lol:

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:33 pm

???
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:41 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I think you're failing to grasp the meaning of the term "refuge"...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:44 pm

WTF am I missing. I'm slow remember.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Westie25 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:41 pm

A refuge is a place or state of safety. Take away food and you still think ducks will have a state of safety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Westie25

Postby Woody » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Westie25 wrote:A refuge is a place or state of safety. Take away food and you still think ducks will have a state of safety?

They will have a safe loafing spot...
Woody

Postby Westie25 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Woody wrote:
Westie25 wrote:A refuge is a place or state of safety. Take away food and you still think ducks will have a state of safety?

They will have a safe loafing spot...

I hate refuges.
Westie25

Postby jehler » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Hands down the best place to hunt is in a refuge, where your not supposed to be, very fast limits allegedly
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:08 pm

There would be food...Just not good food like corn and millet. The WMA that kills the most ducks has an all marsh refuge.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:21 am

NuffDaddy wrote:

There would be food...Just not good food like corn and millet. The WMA that kills the most ducks has an all marsh refuge.

I think that was his point...

Refuges are not necessarily meant solely for duck hunters benefit.
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:05 am

Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

The ones around here are
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby sws002 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:43 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

The ones around here are

Wrong. They do benefit hunters, they are not for the hunters' benefit.

If this hunt happens next year, I'm in, it will have been two years without hunting in Michigan, I have a feeling I'll be getting that itch again, impossible to predict though...
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Woody » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:52 am

sws002 wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

The ones around here are

Wrong. They do benefit hunters, they are not for the hunters' benefit.

If this hunt happens next year, I'm in, it will have been two years without hunting in Michigan, I have a feeling I'll be getting that itch again, impossible to predict though...

The Michigan itch is everything but unpredictable... The weather however...
Woody

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:20 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

The ones around here are

You are confusing the terms "Game Management Area" & "Refuge"
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:01 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Woody wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

The ones around here are

You are confusing the terms "Game Management Area" & "Refuge"

All the Michigan refuges are in Managed hunt areas correct? I don't see how a 300 acre refuge does anything but keep a few extra birds in the area for the WMA.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:45 pm

The Federal Marsh Refuge at SRSGA is not open to hunting.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:10 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:The Federal Marsh Refuge at SRSGA is not open to hunting.

I'll give you that one. The federal refuge does give ducks a big resting place during the migration. But all the little state refuges like the ones at Fish point and Nayanquing point serve no other purpose than to hold ducks in the area so there is decent hunting at the WMAs.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:28 am

There is an Illinois lake called Carlyle. Its huge and shallow. Gets closed if the wind gets above FIFTEEN mph.
There is a railroad tracks that crosses the lake. When the sirens sound you pack up and run as fast as you can. If you are lucky you can get under the railroad bridge without dying. Quite a few did not make it. (May God bless their souls)
Six-foot waves that are breaking cuz the lake is only five feet deep. Then you get to the bridge. It is not describable. You just gotta experience it.
I think Olly would not like being there and he has seen worse I believe. Probably in Michigan.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:59 am

All the shorelines are the same way on the great lakes. There is a big difference in 2 foot waves in 100fow and 2 foot waves in 4fow.
Saginaw bay gets real interesting when you have 25mph NE winds blowing 10foot waves off of lake Huron into a bay that averages 15 foot deep.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:56 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:All the shorelines are the same way on the great lakes. There is a big difference in 2 foot waves in 100fow and 2 foot waves in 4fow.
Saginaw bay gets real interesting when you have 25mph NE winds blowing 10foot waves off of lake Huron into a bay that averages 15 foot deep.

Carlyle is deadly. Have been in the ocean in a hurricane that was so bad...the island I was on was two feet underwater. I handled that ok. Carlyle scares the fuck outa me.
Jumped out of perfectly good aircraft many times but not into carlysle lake. Betty dont swim too good. ;)
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby bill herian » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Im in.
bill herian

Postby Woody » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:34 am

bill herian wrote:Im in.

I forgot about this... I'm still game for it, as well.
Woody

Postby Olly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:37 am

Woody wrote:
bill herian wrote:Im in.

I forgot about this... I'm still game for it, as well.

What dates? I'll be in MI from Oct 17- Nov 3. Was going to hunt with Jehler but I have a feeling that went out the window :lol:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby bill herian » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:28 am

assateague wrote:That's right, I remember the song now "The legend lives on, from the Chippewa on down, of the big freshwater ocean they call gitcheegumee".

The big freshwater ocean it is said, never gives up her dead, when the skies of November turn gloomy.
bill herian

PreviousNext

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting Forum