11/12/13

11/12/13

Postby BayCityGnr » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:24 pm

The lake was rolling pretty good and I could not get to the spot I wanted so I had to drive to a protected harbor. I had to shovel and salt the ramp then break about 300 yards of ice. I set the decoys, got in the blind and fired up the propane heater. As the sun rose the mergs began to fly. I made a promise to myself the coyote pile didn't need anymore bait. There was not many big ducks around to be found. I had 2 mallards hook into the blocks and two reports from the red label sounded. Both had their feet up in the decoys. I saw a greater blue bill but it slide outside of my blocks and into another setup. Their was "smoke on the water" all morning and with the wind picking up I picked up and left. The other two rigs said that they had the similar luck. Both had shot 1-3 blue bills a mallard or two and one GE.

Most of everything from Lake St. Clair to the western end of Lake erie is all frozen. I was hunting this weekend I would be in the corn or sleep in and hit the rivers/creeks around 800
BayCityGnr

Re: 11/12/13

Postby RonE » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:20 am

If it was easy it wouldn't be as enjoyable.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting Forum