Way eastern Colorado Hunter

Moderator: Flightstopper

Way eastern Colorado Hunter

Postby johnnyD81 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 am

Hello out there. My name is John. From Wray, CO. Not the duckiest place on earth. But we have our share. I've been waterfowl hunting most of my life. Started by accident. Hunting pheasents one day about age 14. Walking around a run off pond from a farmers corn field and flushed up some mallards. Being a dumbshit kid I shot one. Turned out to be a banded drake. My dad insisted I get waterfowl stamps after that and call the band in. Ive been hooked ever since. My bird was banded in Alberta in 1991 and was 4 years old. To this day is still the only band I have ever collected. Now I still hunt farm ponds and the tiny creeks in my area. I have never had the chance to hunt on big water with big spreads and i would like to do that some time. I'm an Big Ducks Unlimited Supporter and Member as well as Delta Waterfowl. And my kids are all greenwing members. I hope to maybe meet some fellow hunters from my state or even western Nebraska. And maybe even do some hunting with others. Good luck to everyone this upcoming season. Johnny D
johnnyD81

Re: Way eastern Colorado Hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:36 am

:welcome:

I think you're it from CO, at the moment! I used to want to move to CO something fierce, but it seems the liberal hippies are doing their best to ruin your state.
assateague

Postby johnnyD81 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Yea thats no shit. I wish they would open a season on them. I'm all for a man or woman being entitled to their opinion. But if its not bothering you then shut the fuck up about it and let others be. I don't care if two dudes want to be together, but don't cram it down my throat. I don't care if you don't like guns. Don't buy one. Simple as that. Oh well. I'm gonna make due with what I got and hopefully things will get better. But so help me god they try and stop me from hunting and shooting. Well its gonna get ugly around this ol state real quick.
johnnyD81

Postby jarbo03 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:34 pm

johnnyD81 wrote:Yea thats no shit. I wish they would open a season on them. I'm all for a man or woman being entitled to their opinion. But if its not bothering you then shut the fuck up about it and let others be. I don't care if two dudes want to be together, but don't cram it down my throat. I don't care if you don't like guns. Don't buy one. Simple as that. Oh well. I'm gonna make due with what I got and hopefully things will get better. But so help me god they try and stop me from hunting and shooting. Well its gonna get ugly around this ol state real quick.

The good people of Colorado are gonna get their state back. If not, cross over into western KS, I'll hunt with ya.

Sent from my new unbroken fully functional phone
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:54 pm

johnnyD81 wrote: I don't care if two dudes want to be together, but don't cram it down my throat.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You'll fit in just fine around here.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby johnnyD81 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:45 am

I've always wanted to hunt over in Kansas. Its not far. I'm less than an hour from St Francis. Seriously I'm am down to go hunt with new people and have them come hunt with me. I don't hate outfitters but I think we could all do well and have better hunts for the cost of a little gas and a twelve pack at the end of the day. I dont come empty handed. When I go with someone I bring my own gear, and a little compensation. At least spring for pizza when the hunt is done. It makes the whole sport more fun.
johnnyD81

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:58 am

I been meaning to see the Arikaree Breaks for years. You have any pheasant running around?

TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby goodkarmarising » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:27 am

jarbo03 wrote:
johnnyD81 wrote:Yea thats no ****. I wish they would open a season on them. I'm all for a man or woman being entitled to their opinion. But if its not bothering you then shut the **** up about it and let others be. I don't care if two dudes want to be together, but don't cram it down my throat. I don't care if you don't like guns. Don't buy one. Simple as that. Oh well. I'm gonna make due with what I got and hopefully things will get better. But so help me god they try and stop me from hunting and shooting. Well its gonna get ugly around this ol state real quick.

The good people of Colorado are gonna get their state back. If not, cross over into western KS, I'll hunt with ya.

x2....Western KS/Eastern border of CO really isn't that far.
goodkarmarising

Postby johnnyD81 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:37 am

Really good pheasant hunting. Even with the drought last year the birds did pretty darn good. This year is shaping up to be great.
johnnyD81

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:06 am

johnnyD81 wrote:Really good pheasant hunting. Even with the drought last year the birds did pretty darn good. This year is shaping up to be great.

Good to hear. Most of my land is around Quinter, east of Oakley. Lookin very dismal this year.

TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Tomkat » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:23 pm

jarbo03 wrote:I been meaning to see the Arikaree Breaks for years. You have any pheasant running around?

Me too. Looks to be a great place to call coyotes.

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
Tomkat

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting Forum