Installing a dishwasher?

Anything related to home improvement, home repair, homesteading, farm and garden.

Installing a dishwasher?

Postby Tomkat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:51 am

Have any of you ever done one of these? My old one crapped out and I cant help but think I could save the $135 and do it myself...
Tomkat

Re: Installing a dishwasher?

Postby assateague » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:53 am

piece of cake, 3 wires, 2 hoses, and 2 screws.
assateague

Postby rozzo842 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:53 am

Real easy. It's just power, water feed and drain. If you can swap a washing machine you can do this.
rozzo842

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:07 am

Not hard at all if your new dishwasher fits where the old one was. If it don't that's when things get tricky.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Tomkat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:42 pm

I can do it!!!
Tomkat

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Level it
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:45 pm

If you've tiled your kitchen floor after the cabinets, you're gonna cuss. Otherwise, piece of cake. 2 small screws through the flange into the bottom of the counter, disconnect the wires from the box at the bottom, disconnect the water supply, slide out almost all the way, and disconnect the drain. The do it in reverse. Easy peasy.
assateague

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 pm

It is damn easy
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Unless it's not. Then it's a motherfucker. Theory of Medium™ definitely comes into play with dishwashers.
assateague

Postby jehler » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:53 pm

The new ones are shorter and have an assload of adjustment, in fact the one I installed for brew's butt buddy farmer had a rack and pinion deal to adjust the rear to level with a screw in the front, no screwing around with shims or what not
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:17 pm

That is nice.
assateague

Postby Tomkat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:13 pm

jehler wrote:The new ones are shorter and have an assload of adjustment, in fact the one I installed for brew's butt buddy farmer had a rack and pinion deal to adjust the rear to level with a screw in the front, no screwing around with shims or what not

U remember what brand that was?
Tomkat

Postby BrewGUN » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Tomkat wrote:
jehler wrote:The new ones are shorter and have an assload of adjustment, in fact the one I installed for brew's butt buddy farmer had a rack and pinion deal to adjust the rear to level with a screw in the front, no screwing around with shims or what not

He got all LG appliances
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Tomkat wrote:

I think most of them are like that now, TK. I put in our Bosch, and it was like that, and I know the couple Samsungs and Whirlpools that I've installed were like that, also.
assateague

Postby Tomkat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks fellas.
Tomkat

Postby jehler » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:44 am

assateague wrote:I put in our Bosch, and it was like that...

What the hell!
Anybody know how much a Bosch dishwasher cost? Drop jawed
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:56 am

Got it years ago from a buddy who works appliances at Home Depot. It had a small dent in the front, and with his discount we paid around $300. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit when we moved (only have a compact), so it got left.
assateague

Postby jehler » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:59 am

assateague wrote:Got it years ago from a buddy who works appliances at Home Depot. It had a small dent in the front, and with his discount we paid around $300. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit when we moved (only have a compact), so it got left.
i was wondering. I have horrible luck with dishwashers, on number 3 in 15 years. This one I got a full stainless interior, same deal, scratch and dent sale paid 300ish. If this one goes to hell I'm letting it leak till it does some damage and getting a new floor out if it
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Tomkat » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:39 am

John u can still get them for $400
Tomkat

Postby assateague » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:16 am

jehler wrote:
assateague wrote:Got it years ago from a buddy who works appliances at Home Depot. It had a small dent in the front, and with his discount we paid around $300. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit when we moved (only have a compact), so it got left.
i was wondering. I have horrible luck with dishwashers, on number 3 in 15 years. This one I got a full stainless interior, same deal, scratch and dent sale paid 300ish. If this one goes to hell I'm letting it leak till it does some damage and getting a new floor out if it

We only use ours about once a week or so. The rest of the time, it's just wash as you go in the sink. The only drawback to the Bosch was that it was so quiet you couldn't hear it run. And at the time, Short Stack was young and constantly put things like two plates, a Barbie, and a cup in there, and then ran the damn thing, costing me a shit ton of electricity money. You really couldn't hear it at all, unless you put your head right near the door.
assateague

Postby Tomkat » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:56 am

Thats good to know. In my case, quiet is good. The supplier I favor sells Bosch
Tomkat

Postby aunt betty » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:17 pm

assateague wrote:
jehler wrote:

We only use ours about once a week or so. The rest of the time, it's just wash as you go in the sink. The only drawback to the Bosch was that it was so quiet you couldn't hear it run. And at the time, Short Stack was young and constantly put things like two plates, a Barbie, and a cup in there, and then ran the damn thing, costing me a shit ton of electricity money. You really couldn't hear it at all, unless you put your head right near the door.

I picture AT building his own dishwasher out of an old power washer, duct tape, and a wash tub. :lol:
Anybody else?
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Home Improvement and Farm & Garden