Bustin' Blue Bombers upside the head...

Upland Birds.

Moderator: NuffDaddy

Bustin' Blue Bombers upside the head...

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Old CE and I went over by Missoula last night because upland hunting around Helena sucks donkey dicks. I never got a shot but ol' CE busted this Blue Grouse upside the head with an old 870 Wingmaster .410.

image.jpg

image.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Re: Bustin' Blue Bombers upside the head...

Postby Rick » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Don't most hunt blue grouse with sticks for the low perches and rocks for the high ones? That bird must have been waaay up in the tree.
Rick

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:53 pm

We shoot grouse with a .22 here, and its actually legal. Almost takes the fun out of it when your legal.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:35 pm

In MT, you can shoot grouse with a rifle or pistol, but can't be the fun of flushing them in thick timber.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:58 am

The thing about blues is there is no pressure. If you miss the first, second or even third try, you always get another chance. The only thing is they might move to a higher branch. :mrgreen:
Seriously though, I like hunting them because the places we target them is high ridges and it's a good opportunity to scout and get supper.
QH's Paw

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Only reason I hunt them is because the taste so good in a stir fry with vegetables.
R. Chapman

Return to Upland Hunting