Postby jarbo03 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:49 pm

sws002 wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
sws002 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:Buds $471.00, the 243 is $446.00

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... M-08+NIKON

Damn!

Not a bad price, but if you haven't purchased a gun online before, realize that you are probably looking at transfer fees on both ends. I don't know if Bud's charges or not, but I know we charge $30 for every transfer in and out, and we are one of the cheaper ones, so figure on $60 on top of that price minimum (if Bud's charges shipping).

Price includes shipping, and it isn't hard to find someone to do transfers for $20. I've bought many guns from Buds, hassle free.

Ya, they seem to do good business, we get quite a few in from them, just never bought one myself so I didn't know if they charge or not. Probably don't have to pay sales tax either I would imagine?

Nope, price listed is what you pay.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Re: New rifle choices

Postby sws002 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:53 pm

jarbo03 wrote:

Nice! Here's the 16, ever used the make an offer option?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/78611
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:58 pm

sws002 wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:

Nice! Here's the 16, ever used the make an offer option?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/78611

I never have, last gun I bought from them they didn't have that option. I have heard of some guys using it, some up to 10% off. If they do not accept your offer, they will give you a counter offer.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Tomkat » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:45 am

jarbo03 wrote:
sws002 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

Damn!

Not a bad price, but if you haven't purchased a gun online before, realize that you are probably looking at transfer fees on both ends. I don't know if Bud's charges or not, but I know we charge $30 for every transfer in and out, and we are one of the cheaper ones, so figure on $60 on top of that price minimum (if Bud's charges shipping).

Price includes shipping, and it isn't hard to find someone to do transfers for $20. I've bought many guns from Buds, hassle free.

X 2 Just add $20 to the price. Buds is easy to deal with.

RMFC I have owned many rifles and shotguns. Rifles, especially, do not require cleaning of the trigger group. Thats my opinion.

I also am of the opinion that Remington is mostly junk shit anymore. I did read their law suites. They paint a disturbing picture of a company that cares for profit above their customers safety.
Tomkat

Postby assateague » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:00 am

R. Chapman wrote:Not to get in a pissing match but it's amazing the amount of shit that can get into a rifles trigger group. I do understand what you are saying. Now what posse me off the most is when serious accidents happen no matter the make, the blame is put on the trigger and safety. You can't rely on a safety; it's a mechanism, mechanisms break. As the commandments of safety proceed...

Every M-16 that I used in the Army probably had about 30,000 rounds through it. Know how many times the trigger group gets cleaned? Never. Matter of fact, if you ever pulled the trigger group out for cleaning or any other reason, you would get an ass chewing.

Now if you're saying that your hunting rifle gets more use and more "gunk" in it than my M-16, which was used for weeks on end in the field, from jungle to desert, in monsoons and dust storms, then I'm going to call bullshit.

Everybody wants to think they're a sniper or some shit.
assateague

Postby sws002 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:44 am

assateague wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Not to get in a pissing match but it's amazing the amount of shit that can get into a rifles trigger group. I do understand what you are saying. Now what posse me off the most is when serious accidents happen no matter the make, the blame is put on the trigger and safety. You can't rely on a safety; it's a mechanism, mechanisms break. As the commandments of safety proceed...

Every M-16 that I used in the Army probably had about 30,000 rounds through it. Know how many times the trigger group gets cleaned? Never. Matter of fact, if you ever pulled the trigger group out for cleaning or any other reason, you would get an ass chewing.

Now if you're saying that your hunting rifle gets more use and more "gunk" in it than my M-16, which was used for weeks on end in the field, from jungle to desert, in monsoons and dust storms, then I'm going to call bullshit.

Everybody wants to think they're a sniper or some shit.

Fucking thank you.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby RonE » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:53 am

Flightstopper wrote:

Damn!

I believe that is carbon steel blued, not stainless.

What shotgun are you planning on selling?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:04 am

assateague wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Not to get in a pissing match but it's amazing the amount of **** that can get into a rifles trigger group. I do understand what you are saying. Now what posse me off the most is when serious accidents happen no matter the make, the blame is put on the trigger and safety. You can't rely on a safety; it's a mechanism, mechanisms break. As the commandments of safety proceed...

Now if you're saying that your hunting rifle gets more use and more "gunk" in it than my M-16, which was used for weeks on end in the field, from jungle to desert, in monsoons and dust storms, then I'm going to call ****.

Everybody wants to think they're a sniper or some ****.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
goodkarmarising

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:09 am

RonE wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

Damn!

I believe that is carbon steel blued, not stainless.

What shotgun are you planning on selling?

Yeah the 16 is stainless that I want.

Will most likely sell my A5.... Wife bought it for me as a suprise a while back but turns out I can't shoot it for shit and it just sits in the safe anyways.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:19 am

Tomkat wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
sws002 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

Damn!

RMFC I have owned many rifles and shotguns. Rifles, especially, do not require cleaning of the trigger group. Thats my opinion.

I also am of the opinion that Remington is mostly junk shit anymore. I did read their law suites. They paint a disturbing picture of a company that cares for profit above their customers safety.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I do agree that they are not for quality control anymore. profit period. 20 years ago, they were making some great stuff but it all went down hill. I think that the last quality rifle they ever made was the 673. Just my opinion.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Tomkat » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:16 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
Tomkat wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
sws002 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:[quote="jarbo03"]Buds $471.00, the 243 is $446.00

Damn!

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I do agree that they are not for quality control anymore. profit period. 20 years ago, they were making some great stuff but it all went down hill. I think that the last quality rifle they ever made was the 673. Just my opinion.[/quote]
Some of the old Bdl rifles or pretty nice
Tomkat

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 pm

Yup...Grandpa Chapman tell us about the good ole days.
goodkarmarising

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:48 pm

goodkarmarising wrote:Yup...Grandpa Chapman tell us about the good ole days.

Haha
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:39 pm

I have a 8 mag in a BDL made in the late 70s. I also like the early ADLs. I have one laid away made in 69 in .30-06. Going to pick it up Saturday. My grandpa also has an ADL in .30-06 that he bought the first year the 700 came out. He paid $114.95! Plus it's one of the first 1,000 made. He's killed well over 150 elk with it. That's a gun I would love to have. For how much he's used it, it's in fantastic shape.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Tiler_J » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:42 pm

R. Chapman wrote:I have a 8 mag in a BDL made in the late 70s. I also like the early ADLs. I have one laid away made in 69 in .30-06. Going to pick it up Saturday. My grandpa also has an ADL in .30-06 that he bought the first year the 700 came out. He paid $114.95! Plus it's one of the first 1,000 made. He's killed well over 150 elk with it. That's a gun I would love to have. For how much he's used it, it's in fantastic shape.

How many elk are you guys allowed to shoot a year?
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:I have a 8 mag in a BDL made in the late 70s. I also like the early ADLs. I have one laid away made in 69 in .30-06. Going to pick it up Saturday. My grandpa also has an ADL in .30-06 that he bought the first year the 700 came out. He paid $114.95! Plus it's one of the first 1,000 made. He's killed well over 150 elk with it. That's a gun I would love to have. For how much he's used it, it's in fantastic shape.

How many elk are you guys allowed to shoot a year?

2 if you draw a B tag but back in the 60s and 70s, you were allowed to shoot elk for other people as long as a tag got slapped on it. He fed a lot of families in White Sulphur each year. He knew how to get elk and was good at it. He thought nothing of packing out half an elk 5 miles back in by himself.
R. Chapman

Postby Tomkat » Thu May 01, 2014 6:11 am

One thing no Model 700 has ever had- a controlled feed extraction claw on the bolt.
Tomkat

Postby R. Chapman » Thu May 01, 2014 9:30 am

It's never bothered me whether is or not.
R. Chapman

Postby Tomkat » Thu May 01, 2014 10:45 am

R. Chapman wrote:It's never bothered me whether is or not.

I believe that the afore mentioned jam coyote hunting would not have occurred with a mauser type bolt face.

There is a reason the Model 70 is preferred by PH's in Africa and they often use pre 64 Model 70's when they were not using drillings or other break action type rifles.

RMFC its great that you love Big Green. Just be willing to admit the facts of their design flaws to your self.

I would never own another Remington. But I don't have to shoot your game, you do that. Your a big boy.

Ignoring the facts does not change the facts.
Tomkat

Postby R. Chapman » Thu May 01, 2014 10:56 am

Tomkat wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:It's never bothered me whether is or not.

I believe that the afore mentioned jam coyote hunting would not have occurred with a mauser type bolt face.

There is a reason the Model 70 is preferred by PH's in Africa and they often use pre 64 Model 70's when they were not using drillings or other break action type rifles.

RMFC its great that you love Big Green. Just be willing to admit the facts of their design flaws to your self.

I would never own another Remington. But I don't have to shoot your game, you do that. Your a big boy.

Ignoring the facts does not change the facts.

You know how much I like big green; 8 870s, a 1100, a 700 BDL, plus another 700 on Saturday. But yes there are design flaws. I've never encountered one. It can either be a good or bad thing.
R. Chapman

Postby Tomkat » Thu May 01, 2014 12:46 pm

A plus for Remington: their stocks, both rifles and shotguns, always fit me pretty good. Some of the older BDL's had really pretty wood.
Tomkat

Postby rebelp74 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Just seeing this thread, Flight the 7mm08 is hard to beat if you're looking for a smaller caliber. 308 with a light grain bullet is a good choice as well. IMO Browning, Beretta and Weatherby are hard to top in the hunting rifle world.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby R. Chapman » Sat May 03, 2014 9:57 am

Tomkat wrote:A plus for Remington: their stocks, both rifles and shotguns, always fit me pretty good. Some of the older BDL's had really pretty wood.

Nothing fits me. LOP and drop is always too short.
R. Chapman

Postby rebelp74 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:01 am

R. Chapman wrote:
Tomkat wrote:A plus for Remington: their stocks, both rifles and shotguns, always fit me pretty good. Some of the older BDL's had really pretty wood.

They don't like people with genetical German accents
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby R. Chapman » Sat May 03, 2014 10:03 am

rebelp74 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Yeah but they like them Asians, fucking hypocrites.
R. Chapman

Postby rebelp74 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:06 am

R. Chapman wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

Yeah but they like them Asians, fucking hypocrites.
thats because we're a superior breed
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby R. Chapman » Sat May 03, 2014 10:16 am

Because you read jackass and the rice stalk, right?
R. Chapman

Postby Tomkat » Sat May 03, 2014 10:24 am

Back on topic please
Tomkat

Postby R. Chapman » Sat May 03, 2014 10:54 am

Tomkat wrote:Back on topic please

He started it.
R. Chapman

Postby Redbeard » Sat May 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Yes please everyone hush...I wanna hear what Rex has to say
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

PreviousNext

Return to Rifle Forum