Red label or citori

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Red label or citori

Postby Mohawkwoodman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:04 am

Ive always been a ruger fan most guns i own are ruger. Thn again i have one older browning total dangerous gun it would fire on safe with just a little bump, thats why it sits. Growing tired of always cleaning my 105 cti autoloader even after clean days in the field. I really want to get an over/under. Why looks, i never shoot at more then one bird a flock, i abuse the stocks and scratch up finishes but dont mind, i get dirty in the field, lots of rain and gunk will get in the gun.
So there we go my reasons for getting a break gun. Im sentimental to rugers dont trust my older browning, and the browning looks too flashy for something to drop birds with. Either way im lost on the fit and feel experiance thats where i need advice? My gunshop wont stock either because of price. It will be prepurchase before he will order it.
Mohawkwoodman

Re: Red label or citori

Postby Woody » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:10 am

Citori
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:59 am

Citori
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Duff Beer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:15 am

That's funny. I've been wanting to trade my Charles Daly O/U for semi-auto
Duff Beer

Postby parsonrider » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:51 pm

I do not know what model Browning you have, but if the trigger is that bad I would replace it or have a 'smith look at it. I wholly understand the wisdom of setting it aside. Me after looking at the Ruger at the gun shop, I would lean toward the Citori.
Diplomacy: The art of telling a man to go to @#$%, and making them look forward to the trip.
May those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn the heart. But if he can't turn their heart, may he turn their ankle so we'll know them by their limping.
parsonrider

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:26 pm

I noticed one thing shooting on the Sporting Clays circuit for a couple years...lots of Berettas and lots of Brownings with a few Krieghoff, Perazzi, Guerini, and Kolar's mixed in....can't recall ever seeing a Red Label.

I asked about it once and was told they don't hold up to the 10's of ,000's of rounds that get fired in that game.

It's always stuck in my mind...I'd go for Beretta or Browning if I was spending my $$$$
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:36 pm

If I was spending Dan's money, I'd take a McKay Brown round action O/U: http://www.mckaybrown.com/www.mckaybrown.com/The_Over_and_Under_Gun.html
Rick

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Dan doesn't have that kind of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =448135190
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Just squeeze the widows and orphans a little harder.
Rick

Postby Duff Beer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:10 pm

40 grand!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duff Beer

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:32 pm

red label. havent shot the new one but I imagine its the same as the others
IndianaMallard64

Postby parsonrider » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:34 pm

when I looked at the Red Label it fit really well, but I did not like the wood to metal fit. The wood was not flush, to me for a grand or better the quality should be good.
Diplomacy: The art of telling a man to go to @#$%, and making them look forward to the trip.
May those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn the heart. But if he can't turn their heart, may he turn their ankle so we'll know them by their limping.
parsonrider

Postby sws002 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:35 pm

IndianaMallard64 wrote:red label. havent shot the new one but I imagine its the same as the others

Nope. Not even close.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby IndianaMallard64 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:13 pm

sws002 wrote:
IndianaMallard64 wrote:red label. havent shot the new one but I imagine its the same as the others

Nope. Not even close.

:(
IndianaMallard64

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:38 pm

I like the slimness of the Red Label over a Browning but damn can those Brownings hold up. A guy I knew who has been shooting a BT-99 since day one when they came out has easily put over 500K rounds down the tube. And it's still going! Yeah he had to have it retightened but every gun will with that many rounds down the tube. Take that Browning of yours into a gunsmith and have him fix the problem once and for all. Buy once, cry once.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Mohawkwoodman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Visited the shop earlier he just put a used citori lightning on the wall. Feels Great mounting to my shoulder and cheek but man the break is tough you have to flick the lever and pull down the barrel. And a 26 barrel on it owner said add a few hundred for more inches. I found the browning choke pattern vs competition pic misleading with no data at all. Im thinking go American. But that citori sure feels great!
Mohawkwoodman

Postby sws002 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Mohawkwoodman wrote:Visited the shop earlier he just put a used citori lightning on the wall. Feels Great mounting to my shoulder and cheek but man the break is tough you have to flick the lever and pull down the barrel. And a 26 barrel on it owner said add a few hundred for more inches. I found the browning choke pattern vs competition pic misleading with no data at all. Im thinking go American. But that citori sure feels great!

If the break is tough, that's good. That means that baby is damn near new.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:01 pm

sws002 wrote:
Mohawkwoodman wrote:Visited the shop earlier he just put a used citori lightning on the wall. Feels Great mounting to my shoulder and cheek but man the break is tough you have to flick the lever and pull down the barrel. And a 26 barrel on it owner said add a few hundred for more inches. I found the browning choke pattern vs competition pic misleading with no data at all. Im thinking go American. But that citori sure feels great!

If the break is tough, that's good. That means that baby is damn near new.

+1000 Shoot 500-1000 rounds of trap loads through it and it'll break in. :thumbsup:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby ohhiitznik » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 pm

I'm getting a red label for an upland gun.
ohhiitznik

Postby R. C. Day » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:25 pm

My only O/U is a Citori, love it, have 2 stocks for it, trap and field.

R.C.
R. C. Day

Postby sws002 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:55 pm

ohhiitznik wrote:I'm getting a red label for an upland gun.

Good luck. Looks like Ruger dropped them again.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Return to The Shotgun Forum