Stoegar m3500 problems?

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Re: Stoegar m3500 problems?

Postby Bufflehead » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Find a load/choke combo that performs well and stick with that same combo. It's hard to be consistent if you keep changing everything up.
Bufflehead

Postby Kerrywhite30 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Bufflehead wrote:Find a load/choke combo that performs well and stick with that same combo. It's hard to be consistent if you keep changing everything up.

Alrighty, thanks!
Kerrywhite30

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:54 pm

Ha ha - Kerry found the Hawaii forum and suddenly, his shotgun problems are solved
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Shotgun? What shotgun??
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Kerrywhite30 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:31 pm

I can't grip my shotgun with all this lotion on my hands! Lol
Kerrywhite30

Postby parsonrider » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:37 pm

After looking at the pictures this is a Carlson choke probably under production contract. the .710 constriction is either full or improved modified which will throw a very small pattern on the skeet field. Right threads for the gun however, be careful with the Federal Black Cloud through this choke as the wads do not do well with ported chokes or wad stripping chokes.
:thumbsup:
Diplomacy: The art of telling a man to go to @#$%, and making them look forward to the trip.
May those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn the heart. But if he can't turn their heart, may he turn their ankle so we'll know them by their limping.
parsonrider

Postby sws002 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:47 pm

parsonrider wrote:After looking at the pictures this is a Carlson choke probably under production contract. the .710 constriction is either full or improved modified which will throw a very small pattern on the skeet field. Right threads for the gun however, be careful with the Federal Black Cloud through this choke as the wads do not do well with ported chokes or wad stripping chokes.

Yay, you read everything I said and repeated it!
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Kerrywhite30 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:47 pm

sws002 wrote:
parsonrider wrote:After looking at the pictures this is a Carlson choke probably under production contract. the .710 constriction is either full or improved modified which will throw a very small pattern on the skeet field. Right threads for the gun however, be careful with the Federal Black Cloud through this choke as the wads do not do well with ported chokes or wad stripping chokes.

Yay, you read everything I said and repeated it!

Lol. Thank you for the advice! Both of you
Kerrywhite30

Postby Flyway Stalker » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:09 pm

And just to make it a little more confusing, not all brands of shells or shot size will pattern the same out of a gun or choke. Whenever I pattern a gun or choke I use a 30" circle with a red dot in the center and shoot multiple brands of shells and shot size to see what the gun patterns best at.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby sws002 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:44 pm

Flyway Stalker wrote:And just to make it a little more confusing, not all brands of shells or shot size will pattern the same out of a gun or choke. Whenever I pattern a gun or choke I use a 30" circle with a red dot in the center and shoot multiple brands of shells and shot size to see what the gun patterns best at.

Another thing you can do similar to this is to test how your point of aim is on your gun. Do the same thing with the large sheet of paper or a bedsheets and an aiming point, but instead of aiming, quickly mount your gun and shoot the dot. Do this 3-5 times using the same target , and you should have a pretty good idea where your gun is hitting vs where you are aiming.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Flyway Stalker » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:17 am

sws002 wrote:
Flyway Stalker wrote:And just to make it a little more confusing, not all brands of shells or shot size will pattern the same out of a gun or choke. Whenever I pattern a gun or choke I use a 30" circle with a red dot in the center and shoot multiple brands of shells and shot size to see what the gun patterns best at.

Another thing you can do similar to this is to test how your point of aim is on your gun. Do the same thing with the large sheet of paper or a bedsheets and an aiming point, but instead of aiming, quickly mount your gun and shoot the dot. Do this 3-5 times using the same target , and you should have a pretty good idea where your gun is hitting vs where you are aiming.

At home you can take your UNLOADED gun and put a mini maglight in the end of the barrel, pick a wall to cieling corner to simulate your target and mount your gun like you would if shooting a bird and see where the light ends up to where you want to shoot. Have the light adjusted to it's narrowest beam, you can then practice gun swing following that ceiling to wall seem all the way down one wall. Does that make sense?
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Flyway Stalker

Postby duckdreamer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:22 am

Winchester has out some tracer loads for shotguns, I would get a box and shoot another round. I had a stoeger also and shot a beretta choke in it and did well. That is what they call for. A true skeet restriction is only .005 and a improved cylinder is .010. If the choke you're using is a mod it still holds a tighter choke and could be some of the reason. But like the man said if you see the wad, put your head down. Just a thought.
duckdreamer

Postby sws002 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:54 am

duckdreamer wrote:Winchester has out some tracer loads for shotguns, I would get a box and shoot another round. I had a stoeger also and shot a beretta choke in it and did well. That is what they call for. A true skeet restriction is only .005 and a improved cylinder is .010. If the choke you're using is a mod it still holds a tighter choke and could be some of the reason. But like the man said if you see the wad, put your head down. Just a thought.

Lol. You do realize your first sentence and your last sentence are completely counter productive right? They aren't tracers, they are trackers as in the wad is designed to track with the shot farther. If your head is down where it should be, they are almost useless. A spotter can see them, but if your head is down where it should be, you won't need them in the first place.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Kerrywhite30 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Flyway Stalker wrote:
sws002 wrote:

At home you can take your UNLOADED gun and put a mini maglight in the end of the barrel, pick a wall to cieling corner to simulate your target and mount your gun like you would if shooting a bird and see where the light ends up to where you want to shoot. Have the light adjusted to it's narrowest beam, you can then practice gun swing following that ceiling to wall seem all the way down one wall. Does that make sense?

Yes plenty!
Kerrywhite30

Postby banknote » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Flyway Stalker wrote:At home you can take your UNLOADED gun and put a mini maglight in the end of the barrel, pick a wall to cieling corner to simulate your target and mount your gun like you would if shooting a bird and see where the light ends up to where you want to shoot. Have the light adjusted to it's narrowest beam, you can then practice gun swing following that ceiling to wall seem all the way down one wall. Does that make sense?

This is an interesting idea, but I doubt you could be sure your light beam is exactly in line with your barrel. Does anyone make a light that fits in the chamber for this same purpose?
banknote

Previous

Return to The Shotgun Forum