Bowfishing Association of Illinois Tournament

Bowfishing Association of Illinois Tournament

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue May 26, 2015 7:48 pm

I know there are at least a few bowfisherman on here. We have a pretty big shoot on the Illinois River every year. Here's the flier and if there is any other questions feel free to ask.

SpinnerMan

Re: Bowfishing Association of Illinois Tournament

Postby Bad17 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Pretty sweet deal looks like a lot of fun.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed May 27, 2015 6:44 am

It's usually a great tournament. All it takes is the weather to cooperate a little.

I used to handle all the registrations, etc. Now I just fish. That makes it a lot better for me :thumbsup:
SpinnerMan

Postby Bad17 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:20 am

SpinnerMan wrote:It's usually a great tournament. All it takes is the weather to cooperate a little.

I used to handle all the registrations, etc. Now I just fish. That makes it a lot better for me :thumbsup:

I bet so. Way less to do.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu May 28, 2015 8:38 am

Seems how I'm most likely kicked out of Michigan's tournament series, Id love to come down and shoot this. But I'll be at faster horses country fest that weekend.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Postponed until August 8th. See the Vacationing in Central Illinois thread.
SpinnerMan

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:54 am

NuffDaddy wrote:Seems how I'm most likely kicked out of Michigan's tournament series, Id love to come down and shoot this. But I'll be at faster horses country fest that weekend.

If you would quit cheating you wouldn't have that problem
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:10 pm

Goldfish wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:Seems how I'm most likely kicked out of Michigan's tournament series, Id love to come down and shoot this. But I'll be at faster horses country fest that weekend.

If you would quit cheating you wouldn't have that problem

Haha. Gotta do what you gotta do to look cool for everybody, you know???
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:20 am

We actually had one of our club officers cheat at this tournament a few years back :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fortunately he did not win or do that well, but he could have totally fucked our club.

We all launched from the same spot on the river and had to be back by a fixed time or you were DQ'ed. Pretty standard fishing tournament rule. Some of the best fishing in the area required locking through a dam. That's where I would have gone if I was seriously competing. I was the one handling the registrations, all the money, and had to be back to make sure everybody returned on time, so it pretty much limited where I could go. To get to this area you would have had to lock through the dam to get above and lock through to get back down. The rule for the lock is that barges get preference. So as a recreational boater, you may be forced to sit and wait. This could be a major problem if you are fishing above the dam since you could get stuck and get DQ'ed. You could also waste a lot of time trying to get above the dam.

So this guy is the one going over all the rules in the pre-launch briefing. He adds that, "oh by the way, I called and talked to the lockmaster, there are a line of barges waiting to go through the lock" Everybody planning to go above the dam realized they were screwed. It was all a lie. He went straight to the lock, straight through, and everybody else planning to go up there is now left scrambling. We allow trailering now, so the locks are not an issue. I and probably 1/3rd of the boats will trailer up to that area.

The funny part was he claimed he did call the lockmaster and there really was a line of barges and he just gambled. One minor problem with that. The lock logs are available on line. I posted them. One barge went through at 2 AM. One recreational lying asshole went through at 5:30AM about 30 minutes after the start of the tournament, another barge and a couple recreation boats around the middle of the tournament, and one recreational lying asshole about an hour before the end of the tournament.

He was moderator on our site and started deleting posts, ... It was a total mess. He was a big value to the club, we probably would not have even given him the boot if he would have just owned up to it, but it quickly became clear that he had to go. He even threatened one of our guys out on the river about a month after that. People get crazy when a little bit of money or even bragging rights are on the line. We've had a couple other incidents, but that was the worst. It really could have hurt the club.
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Wow. That's crazy. At least you handled it right and used some proof to show how he cheated. They Michigan bowfishing guys really fucked me over and after I stuck up for myself they fucked themselves over even worse. I kinda gave up and let it be resolved in a way that made me look worse than them and im now kinda pissed about it. I will no longer be at BAM tournaments until they get new officials voted in though. Piss poor sportsmen running it now.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Return to Fishing Forum