Fishing pics

Re: Fishing pics

Postby Bad17 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:46 am

Good job.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:05 pm

Finally got out to shoot a few.

Aug01.jpg

Caught everything in the picture.

Including the bow :oops:

Dropped it in the river. Had the bow in one hand and a fish on the arrow at the edge of the boat when a wake came up behind me and rocked the boat pretty good. Still not sure how I didn't end up swimming, dropped the arrow and the bow, but managed to stay in the boat.

Wind blowing me around, but I got the anchor down pretty quick. I had a rod with me, rigged some hooks for snagging and managed to get it back.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:34 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Finally got out to shoot a few.

Aug01.jpg

Caught everything in the picture.

Including the bow :oops:

Dropped it in the river. Had the bow in one hand and a fish on the arrow at the edge of the boat when a wake came up behind me and rocked the boat pretty good. Still not sure how I didn't end up swimming, dropped the arrow and the bow, but managed to stay in the boat.

Wind blowing me around, but I got the anchor down pretty quick. I had a rod with me, rigged some hooks for snagging and managed to get it back.

Nice work. And got your bow back. That's what I like about shooting commons in a foot of water. Hard to loose bows and arrows
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Fishing pics

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:35 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438824900.998270.jpg

My little cousins first fish
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Bad17 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Awesome
Bad17

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:50 am

After he caught that, I couldn't get him to stop. Wanted to fish all day. Haha
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Bad17 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:31 am

That's what is is all about.
Bad17

Postby Darren » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:11 pm

Southeast Louisiana coastal marsh fishing this summer

IMG_6457.JPG

IMG_6820.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG
Darren

Postby Woody » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:31 pm

I wanna eat that redfish.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Tomkat » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:22 am

Blue cat on the Kansas River

Tomkat

Postby Deltaman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:54 pm

Tomkat wrote:Blue cat on the Kansas River

Big smile, Chinese eyes, and a nice blue..................life is good TK :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:10 am

The sun never came out but for a few minutes. There seemed to be good numbers of fish around, but without the sun, I just could not see them.

Well except for the millions of silver carp, so I at least had some shooting. That and one retarded buffalo that I figured if he was that dumb, he needed to be removed from the gene pool.

Aug30.jpg

When I first got on the river it was dead calm, I pulled into this side channel and it was freaking amazing the number of those damn silver carp. You could see them rippling the surface everywhere.

I missed a huge either silver (state record if it was) or more likely big bighead. It was twice the length of my longest fish there. I saw it the moment it saw the boat and I just got to throw an arrow in the direction it was heading.
SpinnerMan

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:51 am

I decided to wait for it to cool down a bit before I start hunting. Went out and checked out a new area for bowfishing.

It looked nice and found a few grass carp in the areas that were not covered over with duck weed or silver carp. Missed them all :( I could have shot silvers all day long. Some of the best looking areas for grass carp, what I was looking for, were over run with these damn things. You can't help but spook the fish when you have hundreds of damn silver carp between you and the shoreline ahead.

Terrible picture, but a few of those are pretty good sized grass carp. I saw one ~20 lb bighead in a school of about 100 silvers. Just about got turned for the shot and the whole school spooked :evil:

Sept06.jpg
SpinnerMan

Postby Weston81 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:34 am

Figured I'd give this forum a bump
Weston81

Postby Darren » Mon May 23, 2016 12:42 pm

SE La coastal fishing

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG
Darren

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue May 31, 2016 9:58 am

Got out for a little Memorial Day bowfishing.

Just planned to get out on the water and whack a few silvers. It started out OK, missed a few gar, saw some nice buffalo. Couldn't seem to hit anything. Lost one small bighead.

Continued on to where I expected to see the big schools of silvers and they were hard to find and tough to see. The wind was up and the silvers were hanging deep. Only shot two in the first few hours.

My wife had come along. We made a pitt stop back at the park and I decided we'd just go run around and enjoy. It almost went real bad on the run back to the park. Hit something in the water. Heard a kind of metallic ping when the depth finder went from about 8' to around 2' and then back to 8' in an instant. :shock: Didn't notice anything else and kept going.

After the pitt stop, we ran a few miles down river. There's a small bay down there, but it is protected from the west wind and most of the pleasure boaters don't run that far. It looked good, so I decided to give it a shot before we headed back. In less than 10 minutes, 5 shots, 4 fish all different species. I took a common carp, a bighead carp, a smallmouth buffalo, and my 3rd silver of the day. I was hoping to find some grass carp. Only saw one and didn't get a shot. Managed to whack 7 more silvers in about a half hour and then called it a day.

Oh yeah, the metallic ping. Left a pretty good chunk out of one of the propeller blades on the bottom of the river. Given how bad it could have been and I didn't notice any loss in power or vibration the rest of the day. I got lucky on that one.

SpinnerMan

Postby Goldfish » Tue May 31, 2016 10:10 am

You ever figure out what that was? Rock? Log? Capsized boat?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue May 31, 2016 11:05 am

Goldfish wrote:You ever figure out what that was? Rock? Log? Capsized boat?

I don't know what it was. It's near the mouth of a smaller river that seems to send a lot of junk into the Illinois River when it floods. I almost hit a floating beam or maybe landscape timber there last year. That river looked pretty bad when I drove over it, high and muddy, and worried what the Illinois would look like, but it wasn't bad. My guess is a log sitting on the bottom, but I don't know. Nothing was above the surface.

I've had my second warning in that area. Time to slow the fuck down when I have to go through there.
SpinnerMan

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:22 pm

Pretty close to a repeat.

Should have put something in the picture for scale, those big silvers were probably 12 lbs or better.

SpinnerMan

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:11 pm

The garden is now well fertilized.

The warmer temps had the silvers up everywhere. I probably saw 10 thousand if not more. If you wanted to, you could just shoot them non-stop.

I was looking to get some grass carp to eat. Shot the only one I saw. The fillets, if you can call them that, wow did I hack it up badly, are marinating for dinner tonight.

SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Image1466456935.192158.jpg

Image1466456984.777969.jpg

Image1466457021.900168.jpg
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:42 pm

Are they all commons? I can't tell from the picture.
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:51 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Are they all commons? I can't tell from the picture.

All the carp are commons. But we get good numbers of gar and several other species mixed in as well.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:52 pm

The good shooting was short but off the charts this year. We were averaging 30-40 fish and hour for about 2 weeks.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:19 pm

I have hardly seen any commons this year. I missed the spawn. I never see what you see, but I usually get out at least once where I see them spawning and whack a few.

I do love the variety of fish I can get down here. However, with so damn many of those silvers, it's getting harder to get anything else in my favorite spot. That one grass carp I got, I had probably 20 or more silvers within 20' of my boat when I saw the grassy cruising just under the surface. If they had spooked like they usually do, I'd have never seen him. It gets pretty frustrating when I troll a beautiful stretch of shoreline and I'm nonstop spooking silvers the whole way. There's pretty much zero chance of seeing anything else.
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:47 pm

That sucks. I don't discriminate though...I'd fill the boat full of em. Haha. Only spawn I saw was early mornings. Our best night was 177 but is was almost half quill back which are 10-18" usually. They were spawning in the dark on sand flats by the thousands. 5 guys shooting nonstop for about 3 hours and we called it a night
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:07 am

I have no where to get rid of them in large numbers or I'd shoot a whole lot more.
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:34 am

Ah gotcha. I got hooked up with a dairy farmer that has a shit spreader that I can throw the fish in. Just grinds them up and spreads them in the field. Beats digging holes with a shovel like I use to a few years back
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Fishing Forum